Gillie suit not working as intended

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Gillie suit not working as intended

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Bug Report
Game Mode: MP (probably also in SP).

Description:
I lately bought the gillie suits (both fall and forest). I started a hunt in Timbergold Trails. I quipped my suit and went hunting. (haven't tested the summer camo).
A few minutes in the game i got a few Rocky Mountains Elks, they came pretty close while sitting still and killed them.

30 minutes later i came close to the river and got a lot of mule deers, They were on the other side of the river and i was sitting in the forest (Camo active said my huntermate). And they were crossing the water. When they were around 60 meter a buck (medium size) stopped and looking me right in the face, i was confused but went prone, he kept looking for 20 seconds and than walked close around 50 meter. I went up to crouch and he standed still again, he looked at me for 10 seconds and spooked.

There were 5 bucks, one of them wasn't spooked. I decided to go prone and just wait for him. He was at 20-30 meters, i was prone and he saw me. In my gillie suit, i didn't move and he saw me?!
At this point i was getting mad and ended the hunt shortly. I went on discord and asked people their opinions on the gillie suit and i explained my problem. I had quite some people agree with me that they aren't always (of never) working correctly. Someone even said that Treekiwi was aware of this problem that they aren't working correctly.

Ow and yes: i had Scent eliminator on all the time and i was sitting still when the animals came in.

I have hunted a lot in Timbergold, and my normal fall forest camo was always pretty good. I am 100% sure that if i would have weared my normal fall forest camo they deers would not have seen me from that range.

Please investigate this and please fix this, you would make a lot of people (including me) happy.

Steps to Reproduce:
Join a MP (or SP) hunt
Suit up (with the gillie suit).
Find a mule deer (or any other deer which are quickly spooked, AKA: Whitetail, Blacktail etc).
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Re: Gillie suit not working as intended

Post by JamboWhoDat »

DarkHunterXX wrote:Bug Report
Game Mode: MP (probably also in SP).

Description:
I lately bought the gillie suits (both fall and forest). I started a hunt in Timbergold Trails. I quipped my suit and went hunting. (haven't tested the summer camo).
A few minutes in the game i got a few Rocky Mountains Elks, they came pretty close while sitting still and killed them.

30 minutes later i came close to the river and got a lot of mule deers, They were on the other side of the river and i was sitting in the forest (Camo active said my huntermate). And they were crossing the water. When they were around 60 meter a buck (medium size) stopped and looking me right in the face, i was confused but went prone, he kept looking for 20 seconds and than walked close around 50 meter. I went up to crouch and he standed still again, he looked at me for 10 seconds and spooked.

There were 5 bucks, one of them wasn't spooked. I decided to go prone and just wait for him. He was at 20-30 meters, i was prone and he saw me. In my gillie suit, i didn't move and he saw me?!
At this point i was getting mad and ended the hunt shortly. I went on discord and asked people their opinions on the gillie suit and i explained my problem. I had quite some people agree with me that they aren't always (of never) working correctly. Someone even said that Treekiwi was aware of this problem that they aren't working correctly.

Ow and yes: i had Scent eliminator on all the time and i was sitting still when the animals came in.

I have hunted a lot in Timbergold, and my normal fall forest camo was always pretty good. I am 100% sure that if i would have weared my normal fall forest camo they deers would not have seen me from that range.

Please investigate this and please fix this, you would make a lot of people (including me) happy.

Steps to Reproduce:
Join a MP (or SP) hunt
Suit up (with the gillie suit).
Find a mule deer (or any other deer which are quickly spooked, AKA: Whitetail, Blacktail etc).
Sounds like the bug is with the hunter mate showing your camo being active along the river. Normally when you are along the river banks camo usually isn't active, well at least in my experience.
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Re: Gillie suit not working as intended

Post by DarkHunterXX »

JamboWhoDat wrote: Sounds like the bug is with the hunter mate showing your camo being active along the river. Normally when you are along the river banks camo usually isn't active, well at least in my experience.
No, you didn't understand me correctly. I was next to the river, so i could look at the river but i was in the forest 100% sure. So it is normal that my huntermate showed green, it's not a huntermate bug since that works fine in my experience.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA

Return to “Equipment / Gear”