Hog Feeder

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Hog Feeder

Post by ApolloCreed »

The hog feeder isn't attracting boars anymore The boars have not been at the feeder for over a week now. Yes, there's bait, and no, not under penalty. I go there regularly, at least 5 times a day, but they just aren't there anymore. Really annoying. Why keep putting bait in if there's not any boars to come to it. The point of this item is to attract boars, so at this point, it's not working, and I'm not getting what I've paid and been paying for.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Hog Feeder

Post by Tod1d »

You might want to include where the feeder is (coordinates), if & how many boars it was attracting before, and as specific as you can get about when it changed. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

Tod1d wrote:You might want to include where the feeder is (coordinates), if & how many boars it was attracting before, and as specific as you can get about when it changed. ;)
Sure. The feeder is in the field near Tower 3. It was attracting anywhere from 6-16 boars at a time, of course I didn't count every time, but I remember my reaction sometimes when I crawled up to the tower, and there were so many. This was usual. Then after the penalty time, I could do it again, and they were always there.

Now, they are almost never there. Exact date, I don't remember, but it's been probably a good two weeks now that it's been continuously happening. Sometimes there are boars (4 at most) somewhere far off about 150 or 200 meters away from the feeder, hanging out like they should be at the feeder. I may get one in about 7 tries and there will be one or two boars at the feeder. Usually there's nothing. Not even tracks.

A year ago or shorter we had an issue with feeders as well, that was reported and took several weeks to fix. This doesn't seem to be the exactly the same as before, because now the boars just aren't coming anymore like they are supposed to be. Really really annoying and disappointing.

Do you think you can name all the animals in this game? Check out the Hunter quiz I've created on Sporcle. Go to Sporcle, type in the search bar "the Hunter". From the list choose the game called "theHunter (Name the Animals). Good Luck.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

There used to be a problem with feeders that they stopped attracting. When Baiting 2.0 was introduced these reports stopped, but maybe there is still a problem in certain constellations. Try moving the feeder 10m away. Or remove it, start new and place it again. I know this is awkward especially for paid items, but it cannot hurt trying.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

HooCairs wrote:There used to be a problem with feeders that they stopped attracting. When Baiting 2.0 was introduced these reports stopped, but maybe there is still a problem in certain constellations. Try moving the feeder 10m away. Or remove it, start new and place it again. I know this is awkward especially for paid items, but it cannot hurt trying.
Thanks for the suggestions. I waited some days to obtain more consistent results. I had already tried moving the feeder a bit before your post. It did not work obviously. After your post I just decided to clear the game cache. I don't actually know if it even works, as there is no confirmation. Anyways, since then, the problem remains, yet it has been better. Boars do come to the barrel, but only about 40% of the time. They should be there 100% of the time, excluding penalties of course. Usually when I get up to the feeder after a successful try, You can see that the tracks are mostly off a bit. The feeder should be the center, yet tower 3 seems to be the center (when they are around) By the way, thanks for all your hard work making videos about the game over the years. Quality stuff you got.

ApolloCreed
Spotter

Post by ApolloCreed »

After a couple more days, nothing positive. The last 8 times I have gone to the feeder, there weren't any boars at all. The problem seems to have worsened. I put my long standing bear bait barrel out also, it has been weak as well, 0-1 bears. This has been going on for at least a month. What else can be done? more tickets?

Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

My Wild Boar feeder is @ Hog Feeder Variant: Green x: 9959.418 y: -65.636 (thanks to UHC). I used it for the mission, at first I only had 2 pigs, but looking around I had several coming in. I visited it twice in one hunt, and once in another. All 3 times I had many boars in sight and 6-10+ different pig tracks each time. The feeder is attracting wild boars & honestly working very well for me. Bear bait barrels are working well, so well someone is grinding bears for the comp. I hate to say this but it sounds like it's effecting you but not others.

You tried moving the feeder. Maybe try picking it up, placing a tent and ending the game. Clear caches on launcher and try again? IDK what to say but feeders & barrels are working, at least for some of us. Good luck!
Sarroth
Tracker

Post by Sarroth »

Greetings to all. Until last week everything worked fine. But now I have exactly this problem. Hog Feeder just don't work. More specifically, in Hirschfelden/Wild Boar . I have tried two locations several times (they are always 100% reliable). Nothing. I have tried moving the feeder, clear caches, wasted a lot bait, wait a few days....nothing. Isn't attracting, no extra animals are spawned. Just occasionally wild boars nearby but completely independent of feeder.

I don't know how to solve it. I just think of a vulgar solution to where to go with the feeder...
|theHunter profile

Return to “Equipment / Gear”