Keyboard "J" key for Jeep and Dog

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
HonzoChu
Tracker

Keyboard "J" key for Jeep and Dog

Post by HonzoChu »

Before the introduction of the Park Ranger, the "J" key was assigned as a dog commend, "Come here" I believe it's called in-game. It (the "J" key) has been assigned as a radial command for when the Park Ranger is equipped in the inventory. It works much like the radial command for the dog using the "V" key. When you do not have the Park Ranger equipped, are in the reserve (I was in Hirschfelden when this happened) and use the "J" key, you now have two things happening: 1 - An info box in the top left corner of the screen that states that the "Vehicle slot is empty. You can equip a vehicle by using inventory (I), (this is a correct response when using the "J" key for the Park Ranger and it's not equipped) and, 2 - The normal action for the dog "J" command, the hand animation and the whistle sound.

I tried this in Hemmeldal but equipped the Park Ranger. When I used the "J" key, the Park Ranger came out without and dog command. But the vehicle was outlined in red. I can't use it because I'm currently in a competition. When I tried to put it away by pressing the "J" key again, the jeep key (animation) when down out of site and the jeep disappeared, then the hand animation and the whistle sound for the dog command occurred, then the jeep key popped back up and the jeep in red outline appeared again. I couldn't put it away. I had to go back to the lodge and unequip it. I'm glad I wasn't to far away.

These conditions happened every time the "J" key was pressed. I can see why the "J" key was chosen (J = Jeep). But I believe either the "J" radial for the Park Ranger or the "J" dog command, "Come here" will need to be reassigned.

Hope this helps,
Honzo

EDIT:
Addition to forum topic - Keyboard "J" key for Jeep and Dog:

I forgot to say in the first two paragraphs above, the actual Park Ranger radial commands never appear.

OK, I left the comp for a minute. Went back to Hemmeldal to try the “J” key again. This time the animation key comes up and the jeep is there in a white outline, I press the mouse key to put the Park Ranger into the game. I press the “J” key again and the radial commands come up, then the dog command happens (arm, whistle) and by the end of the whistle, the radial commands for the jeep are gone. You can get the radial commands for the jeep to appear long enough to use if you are quick. Right at the end of the whistle, if you let go of the “J” key and press it again fast, you can get the radial commands for the jeep to stay up.
xOEDragonx

Re: Keyboard "J" key for Jeep and Dog

Post by xOEDragonx »

I imagine there is a chance this might not be addressed since keys can be freely re-bound by the player. That will likely be your best option/workaround until this is looked into.

Access your game settings. There should be an option in there to re-bind your keyboard keys. As it sounds like you're already familiar with using the "J" key to command your dog, your best bet would be to change the key associated with the Jeep radial menu to something else not in use that you'll easily remember. Once you change one of those two keys and save your changes, those commands should hopefully stop interfering with each other and you won't get stuck with a jeep you can't place again.
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

xOEDragonx wrote:I imagine there is a chance this might not be addressed since keys can be freely re-bound by the player. That will likely be your best option/workaround until this is looked into.

Access your game settings. There should be an option in there to re-bind your keyboard keys. As it sounds like you're already familiar with using the "J" key to command your dog, your best bet would be to change the key associated with the Jeep radial menu to something else not in use that you'll easily remember. Once you change one of those two keys and save your changes, those commands should hopefully stop interfering with each other and you won't get stuck with a jeep you can't place again.
xOEDragonx, you are correct for the work around and I'm looking at that. I just felt that the Devs should know because they need to make the "default" keyboard layout "Not" conflict. That's why they get payed the big bucks after all. ;-)
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Is that also valid for the - V - key that addressed dogs on the German keyboards? I noticed I could not bring up the dog menue anymore with - V -
Code: Select all
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I have assigned the "come here" command to the wheel of my mouse, not wheeling but pressing it, activate the command, i think is mouse button 3, excellent shortcut to call the dog fast, and the "C" key is for the laid down, so if i see an animal i can order fast the dog to hide and call him back without need of the interface.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “Equipment / Gear”