Zoom lag in VdB

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
iz_da
Scout

Zoom lag in VdB

Post by iz_da »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
When hunting in VdB, I cannot move the binoculars/ spotting scopes/ rifles once I have zoomed in.
It starts off as a lag during little zoom and ends complete immobility on all axes.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a SP hunt in VdB.
Try to move the mouse/ crosshair while zoomed in.

Additional Information:
Internet speed: 100Mbit up & 100Mbit down.

My Computer
Platform: self-built
i7 4770s
16GB Ram
GTX 1060 6GB
1TB SSD
Not overclocked
OS & Version: Win10 Home, 64 Bit
Drivers: everything up to date
Steam FPS counter: between 80 and 234fps
Spoiler:
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Re: Zoom lag in VdB

Post by Tuck_SFA »

Zoom lag in WRR

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
When hunting in WRR, I cannot move the binoculars/ spotting scopes/ rifles once I have zoomed in.
It starts off as a lag during little zoom and ends complete immobility on all axes.
Also, choppy when panning without binos. Moreso when looking at open spaces/sky.

Steps to Reproduce:
Start a SP hunt in WRR.
Try to move the mouse/ crosshair while zoomed in.

Additional Information:
Internet speed: 30Mbit up & 30Mbit down.

My Computer
i7-7700K
16GB Ram
GTX 980
Not overclocked
OS & Version: Win10 Home, 64 Bit
Drivers: everything up to date
Steam FPS counter: between 230-250fps
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I experience the same issue in WRR and also in Hemmeldal. When looking at certain places, the binos become very rigid and need a lot of mouse pushing to still move.

PC Specs:
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
- 16GB RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
sircaptgordo
Tracker

Long Range Scope Problem

Post by sircaptgordo »

I was hunting on Whiterime Ridge and from about x 6686 y 9729 over to the waterfall on the frozen river. I had both the .340 and .45-70 rifles with the 5.5-22x56mm Rifle Scope on each.

When I would raise the scope up eye level you couldn't hardly get it to move right or left. I could lower the scope and you could move right and left with no problems. I had shot a couple animals east down the river with no scope problems. So while I'm down at the above spot I move south up the high mountain ridge. I get on top scoping south and the movements works fine with the scope up on both rifles.

I go back north towards the river just over the peak and the scopes quit moving right and left again. So I go back over the peak to the south and scoped a Moose to my east and killed. The scopes worked fine as I was over the peak a little to the south. I went and collected the Moose, the scopes worked fine in that area also. So I shoot another Moose north down by the river. Go collect and go back down the river to the east around x 6686 y 9729 to check again.

Again the scopes will not turn to the right or left when raised to the eye. But just fine when rifle at waist level. I put new batteries in my mouse back when I first at the spot, but nothing changed.

thanks
g
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Adding more info which might help:
- The problem also occurs on Whitehart Island.
- It happens regardless of scene complexity.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

noticed it on whitehart and redfeather.sometime i can move a little while zoomed in with binos sometimes you cant turn period.only noticed this since last build/update.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I have some more info
- For me this bug does not seem relasted to wether animals are around. I have this bug when I look straight down in WRR and with no animal even close.
- It occurs with binos, rangefinder binos and spotting scope alike. In several spots in WRR I can reproduce it 100% regardless of what animals are around.
- The more zoom, the more stuck.
- If zoomed all the way in with the spotting scope, movement stops completely. Looking around when zoomed in won't work. I need to zoom out, move and zoom back in.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Just discovered something completely new. I have built a tower at the top of a VDB mountain. Today I wanted to check it out. I was almost immobile around the tower. When I entered the tower. I could not turn around, just move back and forth, and up and down. After exiting the tower, even outside I had a hard time turning. The entire area seemed 'infected'.

I have experienced this bug first in Hemmeldal, and now come to think of it, this was also near a tower. Currently I have the problem all the time in WRR. In two locations I can reproduce it 100%. One location is in a tower, the other is about 640m away from that tower though and I get stuck when facing away from the tower.

What is interesting is that the fewer objects in the scope, the more I get stuck. When looking into open fields (WRR) with no trees, movement is almost impossible. Yesterday I looked at a mountain side for dall sheep and movement completely stalled. When looking into a field and moving is very hard, once I reach some trees, rocks, etc. moving gets easier again. Go figure.
Spoiler:
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

For me, it does not matter where I am, it's where I'm looking and is reproducible 100% of the time, anywhere, simply by looking at mountain/sky/large open field/ocean. Especially the ocean and mountain. I can be in the middle of thick trees with an opening to a mountain/sea and turn to pan a mountainside/sea/sky and get stuck, with AND without binos. The thicker the environment with trees/shrubs/grasses, the less the stuckness. It is impossible to move/aim along the shoreline on WRR and have even a quarter of the screen viewing the ocean.

It's totally debilitating. That's why I've stopped playing. Won't rant here as this is for information on the issue for fixing. Just wondering why there aren't more people giving feedback to up this issue to the top of the queue as it happens on every reserve I've been. WRR, PB, Loggers and WHI, Hem and VDB that others have mentioned.
Spoiler:
Tuck_SFA
Hunter

Post by Tuck_SFA »

My drivers for GTX 980 were not up to date after all. 80% of the issues have been solved by that. Though there is still sluggishness and freezing. Hope this gives you some direction.

EDIT: It worked for a bit, but reloading the game, it's back to stuckville.

EDIT 2: The longer I've stayed in the game the better it works. I'd say updating drivers fixed it to where it is normal.
Last edited by xOEDragonx on October 8th, 2018, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Return to “Equipment / Gear”