Inconsistency in dark lens sunglasses

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Inconsistency in dark lens sunglasses

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I am sure this has been reported before but I would like to bring it to attention again. My lady and I both own the dark Sunglasses. https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/465 They work like they are supposed as far as when you activate them. But the bug is that they sometimes appear clear when taking photos or using "selfie" mode whether you have them activated or not. It seems to be entirely random. We may start a MP game and both our glasses be dark, both be clear, or one of each, and if we start 10 games we might get 10 different combinations. This seems like it should be a simple fix and while not really affecting game play it is an annoyance if you want to look "cool" in your trophy shots but instead you look like you are wearing "safety glasses" :lol:

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Inconsistency in dark lens sunglasses

Post by Tod1d »

Do they consistently show the state the glasses were in when the game started? (Not sure if the state is saved or not, or do they always start "Off" (clear / not tinted)?)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Most of the time they start dark and i have to turn them off if it is early in the day game time. But that is what i see when i am "looking: through them. From another players perspective or the camera they may appear dark or clear at random no matter what state they are in from my perspective.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

This is a long time bug that I'm also very familiar with. To answer your question Tod, no, they don't always stay in the same state that they start the hunt in. Sometimes I start the hunt, view them in third person and can see they are clear. If I unequip them, exit the inventory, enter the inventory again, then re-equip them, they will usually turn dark like they're suppoed to be. Even that workaround isn't always consistent though.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

xOEDragonx wrote:This is a long time bug that I'm also very familiar with. To answer your question Tod, no, they don't always stay in the same state that they start the hunt in. Sometimes I start the hunt, view them in third person and can see they are clear. If I unequip them, exit the inventory, enter the inventory again, then re-equip them, they will usually turn dark like they're suppoed to be. Even that workaround isn't always consistent though.
I wasn't asking if they stay in the same state, especially if you remove them & re-equip them.

I was asking if the state which they were in when you started the game (1st person view) was the same state they appeared in the 3rd person view? Even if you toggled the state after starting the game.

So, I start a game & the sunglasses are off (clear). I look at 3rd person & they're clear. I then toggle the state to shaded, in 3rd person they're still clear?

I'm speculating that the 3rd person view is created at the start of the game, and toggling them after the game starts doesn't update the 3rd person view.

Now, removing them & equipping them again may update the 3rd person view. But I would expect them to again remain in the same state even after you change the state for 1st person view.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren't. Basically it seems to just be a dice throw. Most of the time at the start of the game they are dark from 1st person view. But 3rd person view may be dark or clear and if more than one player(me and my friend) it may be different for each of us. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they appear and re-equipping them doesn't seem to help for us. Also if I wasn't clear this is not only in MP, it will do the same way in SP games as well.

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Gotcha, I misunderstood. My experience is the same as Strong's. I have the sunglasses in all of my loadouts so I always start with them on automatically. They always start with a tinted screen in first person, but they can be visibly dark or clear in third person.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”