Pulsar Bow reloading new bug

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Pulsar Bow reloading new bug

Post by VonStratos »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
Since the last patch with the separate inventory when i pick my Pulsar it load the arrows in the quiver, all normal there, but, when i switch to another scoped item like a rifle or binos, and watch trough the scope, and then i switch back to the Pulsar it start to reload the arrows in the quiver again, even if the quiver was full, this bug does not always happens, i said like a chance of 1 on 4 to happen, but its annoying when you switch to the rangefinder and then go back fast to the Pulsar just to have the thing placing the arrows one by one in a quiver that was already loaded.

Steps to Reproduce:
Launch a SP hunt (I noticed this bug in Settlers Creek but can happen in other places too.)
Pack a Pulsar with only one pack of arrows and the pulsar whit the scope equipped, try to use other weapons and look though thir scope(i used Plinkington .22 with 12x50 scope)and or binos/rangefinder, then switch back to the Pulsar, also i have automatic reloading on. This started after the last patch with the Drilling and the inventory screen change.

Additional Information:
windows 7 x64

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
HunterBooth
Outfitter

Re: Pulsar Bow reloading new bug

Post by HunterBooth »

I can confirm this issue.

Hopefully the following vids will help you devs isolate the capricious code responsible for this heinous crime :D

In the first, I loaded the quiver then equipped the bow, but before the arrow could finally come to rest in a "shootable" position on the rest, I switched back to my HM. I did this repeatedly so you'll see that if you DO NOT allow the arrow to be placed on the rest, the quiver's arrow total DOES NOT diminish.

In the second, I loaded the quiver then equipped the bow and DID allow the arrow to finally come to rest in a "shootable" position on the rest before I switched back to my HM. I did this repeatedly so you'll see that if you DO allow the arrow to be placed on the rest, the quiver's arrow total WILL diminish.

So you can see now that you do not actually have to release an arrow to have your quiver's total to diminish. Simply fully equipping the bow with an arrow does it.
A recent study has shown that women who have gained weight tend to live longer than men who mention it.
Spoiler:
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

I also notice that before the last patch/update it was possible to cancel the full animation with a right click, so if you need to shot as quick was possible, and the arrows was not loaded on the quiver, when the first one get placed there you simple press right click, and it would bring it to shot possition with that arrow, no bugs involved it show all the animations(like you only have an arrow left, loaded it and placed on the "shot position")

But now, after the patch/update you can't do that anymore...you need to wait until it load all 5 arrows than you can shot...
RandomNewbie wrote:But but...just reload all 5 arrows before you need to shot it...
Yeah, and keep it all going alway every time you pick it up(because you think you will see your target in a good position, but there's a tree in the way, and you need to prone, that means switching to another item(so you can prone) and on this cicly it keep emptying the quiver.

I hope you guys can understand what I'm trying to say,
Still learning english

Let's hunt !
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I have the same reloading issue that's described in the first two posts of this report. Can one of the devs please try to recreate and acknowledge it? It's annoying and kind of breaks the Pulsar for me. Even without shooting an arrow, the quiver can suddenly be empty after selecting the bow for a few times. A few days ago it happend right when the animal was in position - needless to say the reloading animation took too long and the animal was gone. :(
Image Image Image
Minkus32

Post by Minkus32 »

I can confirm the quiver loses an arrow everytime you raise bow for shot and then lower weapon and then switch off the bow to something else. when you go back to load the bow the arrow that was on the string is gone and you pull another one from the quiver.
At least you don't lose the actual arrow as I didn't notice my overall arrow count going down...
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

I just bumbed into this same problem today and although it may sound like a minor problem, it quickly turns into major headache and annoyance that disturb you through the whole hunts from start to finish. Not fun when you lose your change to make a shot and your opportunity slips pass while you watch the avatar filling up the quiver because of this bug, happened twice for me today and surely I learned my lesson to switch the bow and huntermate back and forth enough times to make sure I have an arrow ready at all times, but it's kind of a hassle to do that all the time again and again and again....and again...

Also, the original bug of not being able to fill the quiver whenever you like by pressing the reload key, well it was supposedly fixed back then but still it has NEVER worked. It's still yet to be fixed! You still cannot fill your half empty quiver when you desire, unless going to inventory and switching to different set of arrows to force the reload.

These two problems really ruins the whole bow at the moment, devs please... You could really fix both of these problems at once.
OrLoko
Spotter

Post by OrLoko »

Problem/bug still persist after the update/patch on August. Both SP and MP Sessions, every session.
to "trigger" the problem you must wait till the arrow it's on "fire/shot" position, then switch to any other item and switch it back for the Pulsar. If you switch your weapon or get any other item in hands before the animation of the arrow going into "fire/shot" position it will not trigger the bug/problem.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEEN "OUTDOOR PROOF" IF THE PROBLEM WAS INSIDE THE WHOLE TIME
STATS
Spoiler:
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Equip & load Pulsar
  2. Switch to HunterMate
  3. Switch back to Pulsar
  4. Repeat Steps 2 & 3 five times
  5. Watch re-load animation