In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Post by outrider »

have you tried opening your picture folder then manually create a 'theHunter' (capital 'H') folder, then opening theHunter folder and manually creating a 'Screenshot' (capital 'S') there ? the capital letters are the way the launcher set it up on my PC....just a thought..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

A 2nd reinstall of the launcher and theHunter Game didn't resolve the problem. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

outrider wrote:have you tried opening your picture folder then manually create a 'theHunter' (capital 'H') folder, then opening theHunter folder and manually creating a 'Screenshot' (capital 'S') there ? the capital letters are the way the launcher set it up on my PC....just a thought..
This is what I meant, though I might have said it in a confusing way :). Thanks for clarifying
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

In Windows 10 in the task bar on the left end is a search box. In that box type "pictures" without the quotes. The second link down in the list should be your pictures folder, mouse over it and it will show you the path to that folder. clicking that link should open the folder. Double click the folder when it opens and you should see all folders in your pictures folder.
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Here is a link to "General" topic - In game camera. https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=30 From the uploaded pics you can see I have nothing titled "theHunter" folder or "Screenshots" folder- I can generate them manualy but pictures from theHunter do not upload to them. :( Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Okay, another thing we can try is to clear your cache manually.

**DISCLAIMER** before you go ahead and follow these steps. Write your key bindings on a piece of paper or take some computer screenshots of them. They will be removed.

1. If you press the start button (Windows logo) to open up your start menu and write "%appdata%" without the quotation mark. This will bring you to a folder called AppData.
2. In here you'll see a bunch of different folders. Locate theHunter/theHunterSteam folders and delete them.
3. You will also see files that are called for example LauncherSettings_live, TheHunterSettings_live, TheHunterSettings_steam_live and so on. Delete all of these as well. You shouldn't be able to find anything related to theHunter after you are done deleting things in here.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

MartinSundberg wrote:Okay, another thing we can try is to clear your cache manually.

**DISCLAIMER** before you go ahead and follow these steps. Write your key bindings on a piece of paper or take some computer screenshots of them. They will be removed.

1. If you press the start button (Windows logo) to open up your start menu and write "%appdata%" without the quotation mark. This will bring you to a folder called AppData.
2. In here you'll see a bunch of different folders. Locate theHunter/theHunterSteam folders and delete them.
3. You will also see files that are called for example LauncherSettings_live, TheHunterSettings_live, TheHunterSettings_steam_live and so on. Delete all of these as well. You shouldn't be able to find anything related to theHunter after you are done deleting things in here.
Ummm. exactly what are key bindings? :?

I'm going to attempt this, but not until I understand what you are saying about "key bindings". What are they, where are they, and how do I know they are key bindings? :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

MartinSundberg wrote:Okay, another thing we can try is to clear your cache manually.

I have established what "key bindings" are so disregard my question on what they are... I followed your suggestion. There was no change- clicking on "Screenshots" under game settings is a dud. I will comment here as well, that after following your suggestion, I did not uninstall/reinstall "theHunter". If that is needed to see if the problem has been solved, I'll have to wait until my Data resets- next month. I have already unistalled and reinstalled thrice, that is a lot of data. Through my service provider I get 30Gbs. So, a reinstall at this time is not an option for me. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
Wespertin
Spotter

Post by Wespertin »

My in-game camera does not work either.
I do have this folder (with older trophy shots) but for some reason my trophy shots ends up in theHunters game folder.
Gallery shows pictures from both places!!
Windows Home 64 OS
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BCKidd wrote:

I have established what "key bindings" are so disregard my question on what they are... I followed your suggestion. There was no change- clicking on "Screenshots" under game settings is a dud. I will comment here as well, that after following your suggestion, I did not uninstall/reinstall "theHunter". If that is needed to see if the problem has been solved, I'll have to wait until my Data resets- next month. I have already unistalled and reinstalled thrice, that is a lot of data. Through my service provider I get 30Gbs. So, a reinstall at this time is not an option for me. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Follow Up:

With the release of the lynx I followed your instructions above once more, followed by a complete uninstall and reinstall of "theHunter"- I am still not able to take scenic pictures with the in game camera. When I click on "Screenshots" under game settings there is nothing that opens, or links to any folder where pictures are supposed to go. Now what? :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “Equipment / Gear”