In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
User avatar
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5793
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: British Columbia

In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby BCKidd » July 9th, 2018, 7:07 pm

The in game camera does not save scenery pics. It will take and save trophy shots with animals/harvests, but not scenery. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit- Gtx 950 GeForce (vid card), 24 inch monitor. Is this a bug or am I missing a folder somewhere? :? Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
User avatar
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5793
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: British Columbia

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby BCKidd » August 31st, 2018, 2:22 pm

Here is the bug report. Please look at it, as I am not the only one facing this issue. Thanks. :| Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff
Posts: 485
Joined: August 1st, 2017, 7:10 am

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby MartinSundberg » September 4th, 2018, 4:44 am

Hello BCKidd,

I had a look at my computer and took a picture with the camera. It's visible both in the launcher and I could navigate to this path on my computer and find it there as well.
C:\Users\*username*\Pictures\theHunter\Screenshots

Do you have this folder?

Thank you,
Martin
User avatar
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5793
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: British Columbia

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby BCKidd » September 4th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Hello Martin,

Thanks for taking the time- much appreciated. I do not have that folder anywhere that I can find. Also when I go to game settings on the launcher- and click on "Screenshots" I am led nowhere nothing opens- I can click it a hundred times with the same results- nothing. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff
Posts: 485
Joined: August 1st, 2017, 7:10 am

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby MartinSundberg » September 5th, 2018, 3:47 am

BCKidd wrote:Hello Martin,

Thanks for taking the time- much appreciated. I do not have that folder anywhere that I can find. Also when I go to game settings on the launcher- and click on "Screenshots" I am led nowhere nothing opens- I can click it a hundred times with the same results- nothing. :? Peace.

BCKidd.


Hello BCKidd,

As long as the folder doesn't exist on your computer, that screenshot option in the launcher won't direct you to the screenshots folder. What it basically does is trying to open a folder on your computer. Just to try, can you create the folder hierarchy that you are missing?

C:\Users\*username*\Pictures\theHunter\Screenshots - This should be the filepath.

The other option I have is to do a full reinstall of the game. Or if you use Steam use their screenshot option until we find more information about the issue.
User avatar
outrider
Champion Hunter
Posts: 13719
Joined: November 27th, 2008, 1:46 pm
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby outrider » September 5th, 2018, 9:40 am

mine seems to go to C:\libraries\picture\my pictures\theHunter\screenshots . hope this helps....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Image
User avatar
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5793
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: British Columbia

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby BCKidd » September 5th, 2018, 12:17 pm

MartinSundberg wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Hello Martin,

Thanks for taking the time- much appreciated. I do not have that folder anywhere that I can find. Also when I go to game settings on the launcher- and click on "Screenshots" I am led nowhere nothing opens- I can click it a hundred times with the same results- nothing. :? Peace.

BCKidd.


Hello BCKidd,

As long as the folder doesn't exist on your computer, that screenshot option in the launcher won't direct you to the screenshots folder. What it basically does is trying to open a folder on your computer. Just to try, can you create the folder hierarchy that you are missing?

C:\Users\*username*\Pictures\theHunter\Screenshots - This should be the filepath.

The other option I have is to do a full reinstall of the game. Or if you use Steam use their screenshot option until we find more information about the issue.


Sure... sounds easy. Where do I do that from? I haven't a clue, and jus' to let you know I have already done a cmplt reinstall of the game- it still doesn't work. :? Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
User avatar
outrider
Champion Hunter
Posts: 13719
Joined: November 27th, 2008, 1:46 pm
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby outrider » September 5th, 2018, 3:30 pm

i right click on the 'Computer" icon on my desk top, select 'open'. a window comes up show how much hard drive space i being used and how much disk space is available. on the left side there are a list one says 'libraries' below it it says 'picture'. click the 'picture' that will open the library and you will see folders and maybe some pictures. there should be a folder 'theHunter', open it, there should be another folder "screenshots'. that should be it. i hope this helps...

i would think that the folders are created by the game installer, it would have to be there some place. have you done a computer search for 'theHunter" or "screenshots" ?
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Image
User avatar
INTIMID883R
Outfitter
Posts: 2055
Joined: September 13th, 2012, 2:50 pm
Location: Ft Worth

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby INTIMID883R » September 5th, 2018, 5:54 pm

OK gonna put my dog in this hunt. Just as an experiment, I moved my theHunter/screen shots folder to my desktop, just the screenshots folder, then deleted the theHunter folder. I started the launcher, went to settings in the launcher and clicked on screenshots, and both theHunter folder and screenshots folder were immediately recreated and in the right place....empty of course, but right back as they should be.
Spoiler:
User avatar
BCKidd
Trophy Hunter
Posts: 5793
Joined: January 6th, 2012, 2:15 am
Location: British Columbia

Re: In Game Camera- Scenery Pics

Postby BCKidd » September 5th, 2018, 7:15 pm

outrider wrote:i right click on the 'Computer" icon on my desk top, select 'open'. a window comes up show how much hard drive space i being used and how much disk space is available. on the left side there are a list one says 'libraries' below it it says 'picture'. click the 'picture' that will open the library and you will see folders and maybe some pictures. there should be a folder 'theHunter', open it, there should be another folder "screenshots'. that should be it. i hope this helps...

i would think that the folders are created by the game installer, it would have to be there some place. have you done a computer search for 'theHunter" or "screenshots" ?


Thanks Outrider, I followed your thought, but I have nothing that reads "theHunter' or "Screenshots". In the places you point out. :?

INTIMID883R wrote:OK gonna put my dog in this hunt. Just as an experiment, I moved my theHunter/screen shots folder to my desktop, just the screenshots folder, then deleted the theHunter folder. I started the launcher, went to settings in the launcher and clicked on screenshots, and both theHunter folder and screenshots folder were immediately recreated and in the right place....empty of course, but right back as they should be.


Following that thought, I did downld the launcher again and ran it, but, nothing changed. In my C: Program Files (x86)- theHunter Folder all I have in there is: art folder, game folder, launcher folder. Inside "game folder" I have "archive folder", "icons folder", "locales folder", "py folder", and "sound folder"- then a bunch of garbled text docs with gears on 'em. :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

This Seasons Stats

"Patience and perseverance are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest