Motion Predator and turkey decoys not working

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Bluejay
Scout

Motion Predator and turkey decoys not working

Post by Bluejay »

Since last patch 3 days ago both the motion predator and the turkey decoys are not working.
The animals walk past as if the decoy was not there, and will not go to it. The coyotes or turkeys come to the bottom of the tree stand tree and thats where they stay.

This happened on WHI at 6 different locations.

This happened in SP

My OS is windows 10

My in game name is CoolfireII
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Motion Predator and turkey decoys not working

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I can confirm that the motion predator decoy doesn't work right now. Tried it on a fox on Hemmeldal - it came to my call, but completely ignored the decoy nearby.
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I did a short hunt on WHI and in the Golden Tree Stand, I place my predator decoy in about 20m from the tree stand.
And I come back to the tree stand and use the predator caller and wait a few minutes. Then I heard a coyote trotting footsteps.
After a few seconds, I see a coyote was coming towards the predator decoy, not the caller! But he was trotting instead of roaming.
I use the predator caller in the tree stand, so, if the coyote was lured by the caller, he should come and stand below the tree stand, not the decoys!

So, I'm not sure yet the decoys are broken or not! The only difference I see was the coyote was trotting to the decoy, not roaming...
Season Stats
Spoiler:
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Thanks for the information folks, we'll get this looked at!
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

EW_Graham wrote:Thanks for the information folks, we'll get this looked at!
Thanks Graham, I confirm this last night on Wh-Island and Loggers 2 days ago, first I think the grass/rock around hid the the decoy on Loggers but last night I confirm on WhI on 2 places where before I install it and works great, one place was on the road and other on the lake.

Thanks for check it
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

This bug report should include e-caller for bobcats as this is also no longer working. Tested in Loggers Point. Absolute no attraction to bobcats when switched on. Several bobcats noticed in the vicinity, none reacted to the caller.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I have used the e-caller successfully since this issue started with the turkey decoys and motion predator decoys. A community competition just ended for bobcats and I didn't see any issues mentioned with it there either. The bobcats are not like other animals in the game, they are not gauranteed to come to the e-caller. Sometimes they will come to the e-caller and lose interest long before they get to it. If a cat is attracted to the caller and you turn the caller off then back on, the cat will not be attracted to it again for some time as though it has a cool down period.
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

xOEDragonx wrote:I have used the e-caller successfully since this issue started with the turkey decoys and motion predator decoys. A community competition just ended for bobcats and I didn't see any issues mentioned with it there either. The bobcats are not like other animals in the game, they are not gauranteed to come to the e-caller. Sometimes they will come to the e-caller and lose interest long before they get to it. If a cat is attracted to the caller and you turn the caller off then back on, the cat will not be attracted to it again for some time as though it has a cool down period.
Thanks. I'm not turning it on and off, just on. I did see the comp and found it strange that no one had mentioned it. I hunted eight times in Loggers Point yesterday. Not once did the e-caller attract any bobcats (in one hunt there were 4 in the vicinity and not one came in), so either I'm suddenly very unlucky or something else's afoot. I'll pick it up and place it again to see if it resets somehow, but at this stage it seems mine is broken.
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

Confirming that placing the e-caller once more resolved the problem.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”