Bear feeders not working correctly

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Commanche
Spotter

Bear feeders

Post by Commanche »

After the latest patch, bear feeders are working again. However, I used to find at least 3 - 5 brown bears feeding at my barrel in Hemmeldal, with a couple more roaming nearby. It appears they are all in roaming mode now. Lots of bears around but none around the feeder or coming to the feeder even though it's active. I did several hunts to confirm this. Not sure if the issue has been raised yet, I couldn't find any.
Commanche
Spotter

Bear feeders not working correctly

Post by Commanche »

Bug Report
Game Mode: SP

Description:
When hunting in single player in Hemmeldal I have found that brown bears are not attracted to bear barrels as they used to i.e. prior to latest patch. Instead of 4 - 5 bears at the barrel feeding and others roaming the immediate area around it, now, all bears are roaming with none feeding or walking towards the barrel. The barrel is active. I've tested it in a few hunts with the same results.

Steps to Reproduce:
20 units feed via Game Management
Hunt for brown bears in north western part of Hemmeldal.

My Computer
Gigabyte 970 Gaming
AMD FX 8320
Win10 Pro. v. 1803

This is the second bug report I created on this topic. Not sure what happened to the the first one.
Commanche
Spotter

Re: Bear feeders not working correctly

Post by Commanche »

Further info: Bait was added after latest patch to fix bait sites, however upon closer inspection the barrel appears to be empty yet it shows 11 units. With the number of bears roaming the area, lets say within a 150m radius, there's certainly some level of attraction vs an empty feeder. But unfortunately nothing close to the barrel itself.
docdan911

Post by docdan911 »

I am experiencing the same problem, only its all my feeders. the bears come, only to walk around or near the barrel, not really paying any attention to the bait site. I thinks something is wrong.
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Same. Here is a Steam screenshot, zoom in on the HM. ALL the Xs are bear tracks and about 30-50m+ away from the barrel. It looks like they think the barrel is where they are not where the barrel is as the tracks are on top of each other, basically like you expect to see by your feeder.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I don't know what you consider as working, but when bears walk by within 50 M of a barrel and never approach the barrel, I for one do not consider that working. I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
So far all he has done is walk around in the woods from 40 to 75 M from the barrel. Sorry bud, but that is not working. Never once has the bear approached the barrel. They are broken.....Period.
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

INTIMID883R wrote:I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
So far all he has done is walk around in the woods from 40 to 75 M from the barrel. Sorry bud, but that is not working. Never once has the bear approached the barrel.
Could it be that maybe the coordinates are still messed up? That could be the reason why the ropes can be accessed from 100 meters and why bears roam somewhere near the barrel, but don't approach them? Just a shot in the dark, but who knows...?
Image Image Image
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

INTIMID883R wrote:I don't know what you consider as working, but when bears walk by within 50 M of a barrel and never approach the barrel, I for one do not consider that working. I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
So far all he has done is walk around in the woods from 40 to 75 M from the barrel. Sorry bud, but that is not working. Never once has the bear approached the barrel. They are broken.....Period.
I have seen the same with goat feeders. The goats feed around 50-100 meters away but never come into the feeder.
Spoiler:
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

INTIMID883R wrote:I don't know what you consider as working, but when bears walk by within 50 M of a barrel and never approach the barrel, I for one do not consider that working. I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
Same thing happening in RFF with black bears. I spent the weekend on a treestand near an active bear barrel and although there were bears roaming around the area, none of them got even close to the barrel! Just roaming around in a radius of over 50 m from the barrel!
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Some thing in the code got messed up for sure. Between the ropes and the baiting something is def up and needs to be looked into. Lots of real money and time is being spent by members on baiting for a system that is NOT working properly.

I will be picking up and moving some of my sites a bit to see if it may need a a reset of coords. Hopefully we can get some baiting supplies after this ordeal is over.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”