Bear feeders not working correctly

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Re: Bear feeders not working correctly

Post by INTIMID883R »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
So far all he has done is walk around in the woods from 40 to 75 M from the barrel. Sorry bud, but that is not working. Never once has the bear approached the barrel.
Could it be that maybe the coordinates are still messed up? That could be the reason why the ropes can be accessed from 100 meters and why bears roam somewhere near the barrel, but don't approach them? Just a shot in the dark, but who knows...?
coordinates are definitely still messed up and yes if feed is married to them and not to barrel, that could definitely be the problem.
Spoiler:
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

the goat feeder does not seem to be working properly and some goats can not be harvested
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
INTIMID883R wrote:I have 2 barrels on VDB that have been active 4 days. I am sitting and watching one of them as I write this, and only 1 bear has come to the area around the feeder.
So far all he has done is walk around in the woods from 40 to 75 M from the barrel. Sorry bud, but that is not working. Never once has the bear approached the barrel.
Could it be that maybe the coordinates are still messed up? That could be the reason why the ropes can be accessed from 100 meters and why bears roam somewhere near the barrel, but don't approach them? Just a shot in the dark, but who knows...?
What Tann said seems most likely. There bears ARE attracted but not to the actual barrel location.
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

Currently hunting goats and I'd strongly say that it does not work for feral goats either. There was few goats on the area when I started the hunt and I got one of those, also I was able to arrow down one that was randomly crossing the area. But the bait itself does not seem to attract anything still, goats won't come, they don't come even to the general area. It's somewhat same if I didn't have a bait here at all, few goats may wander across the area every now and then but they show no interest in the bait at all, no matter if you wait for full hour of real time, so it's not the penalty system either.

Yesterday I had two hunts on feral hogs, again there were hogs in the area at first, but they don't even come back or show anykind of reaction to the bait, they only come for my lure and scent.

I can't believe how they we're able to mess this bait system once again, just as it was working better than ever. Frustration keeps growing once again as players spent their money on baits for absolutely nothing and waste hours of time for nothing as it was supposed to work now...well it does not. :roll:
Greywolf01
Tracker

Post by Greywolf01 »

quick update on the bear feeders. I picked up both my feeders in RFF and left the game,came back and replaced them back in the closest proximity as they were and put a small amount of feed in them. Got up this morning and played a game but the bears still will not go directly to the feeders. Good news is a couple of them got to within 24 meters which was the best they got to the barrels. Problem was they didnt stay. Noticed like some of you that they do hang out in far distances, and if you spook them chances are you will not get a close shot at them again. Think co-ordinances is one of the major issues but like I said they must be getting closer to a fix. Hope this helps because I really dont do bug issues very well. Please keep trying to get this right cause I really do miss not doing the comps. Thanks everyone for doing there best to solve these issues. Members like you all keep this game going. Happy Hunting. :) ;)
Twoshots

Post by Twoshots »

Observations on barrell non-attractivity problem:

My experience is with bear barrels. I use 3 on RFF.

Bears are not concentrating at the barrels.

They are observed in the vicinity, but do not linger and do not approach the barrel.

Observations (spots) of bears under these conditions are approximately 70% (+/-) of what I experienced when the barrels were last working correctly.

The 6/13/18 news letter says you are having trouble "replicating" the condition. ??? Have you tried playing the game? Place and fill a barrel. Wait 4 hours for activation, then go look at what is happening...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I just filled two barrels on RFF and I can confirm what most of the other players said:
Barrels still somehow seem to attract bears, but they don't come directly to the barrel to feed. I saw the usual number of bears that I would expect around an active barrel (6-8), they were within 150-180 meters, roaming and trotting around, never leaving the area completely. After I shot one, the barrel went into penalty mode, at least that's what the launcher said when I checked 5-10 minutes after leaving the hunt. Bait depleted as usual.
Image Image Image
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Same with both my boar and hog feeders, single player and multiplayer,
both have attraction and there are pigs in the area but they are hard to hunt because they are roaming around, not where i want them on the feeder
Nathan22Outdoors
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Nathan112244 wrote:Same with both my boar and hog feeders, single player and multiplayer,
both have attraction and there are pigs in the area but they are hard to hunt because they are roaming around, not where i want them on the feeder

This brought me here too. Hirschfelden -> pig bait. pigs are seen in the vicinity but never closer than 100m of a site.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

The conclusion is.... all types of baiting stations are broke... to a certain degree.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”