No Climbing Ropes in VdB

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
CarlosHenrique

Climbing Equipment Disappearing

Post by CarlosHenrique »

Image here!
My climbing equipment has disappeared from the map in which it was planted in the single player.
I'm sorry I could not put the image directly.
Shaggymobilly
Spotter

Climbing Gear on Val-des-Bois

Post by Shaggymobilly »

Not 100% sure if this is a gear or environment issue but since the crash only occurs with the climbing gear in hand I put it in the gear section.

When you approach a location for climbing gear and equip it the game crashes and states an error occurred. I walked up to the spot with the gear in hand on the first attempt and it crashed immediately and seemed to happen about the time I entered the area that would prompt me to hit the "E" key and interact. When I went back for a second attempt I approached the site with the HunterMate in hand and it didn't crash. As soon as I equipped the climbing gear I wanted to place at the location it crashed and stated an error occurred again.

This is new climbing gear I'm trying to place in a spot I have never previously had any. It is at the location behind the south lodge. It is close enough to the lodge I would assume it is the first one you come to. I have tried to include all the information that seems pertinent, but I am a newer player and this is my first bug report. My apologies if my info is not complete enough to help you sort out the problem. If I can provide any other helpful info I am glad to do so.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

No Climbing Ropes in VdB

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Bug Report
SP
Since the GU of 5-23-18 there are no climbing ropes in Val-des-Bois.

How to reproduce.

Open a game in VDB that has climbing ropes showing on the map, and as world items in the launcher.
Go to a recognized rope area.
Look at where the rope should be; it's not there.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: No Climbing Ropes in VdB

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Merged several bug reports about the same issue.

Seems like this problem has been introduced by yesterday's major update - I guess the devs will work on a fix once they see it, if they haven't already.
Image Image Image
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Thanks Tann, I have the same problem, same feature as Stan reported.
MartinSundberg
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by MartinSundberg »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Merged several bug reports about the same issue.

Seems like this problem has been introduced by yesterday's major update - I guess the devs will work on a fix once they see it, if they haven't already.

This is not functioning correctly on my end either. I'll do some digging and then assign it to a coder to see if we can find the root cause. Thanks for reporting everyone!
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

May I suggest that it is likely related to the feeder issues? People were saying coords were messed up, including equipment, so it might also include the climbing ropes.

Hopefully this helps troubleshooting.
oxbo65

Post by oxbo65 »

I do not see my climbing rope since the update of 23 May 2018, why?

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

oxbo65 wrote:I do not see my climbing rope since the update of 23 May 2018, why?
Because it's a bug introduced with the last update.

Guys, we got confirmation by a dev that they are working on it. Please no more "Happens to me too" posts, those will be disapproved from now on. Any new information that could help fix the bug is welcome of course.
Image Image Image
kateeyenew

Post by kateeyenew »

Hi,
After the last update the climbing gear at VDB is unusable. The icons on the maps are in place but on reaching the ropes are not seen and the menu to enter climbing mode is not seen. Trying to place new ropes has crashed the game.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”