Unharvestable Animals

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Nockedup
Hunter

Unharvestable Animals

Post by Nockedup »

Another Huntermate Bug Report
Game Mode: MP & SP, Both
Hunter Name: (same)

Description:
For some odd reason the Huntermate won't allow you to harvest some animals that you kill. This has been happening very frequently since the Summer Fiesta update. It has happened to me on the TGT, WI and RFF reserves with Grizzly Bears, Rocky Mountain Elk, Mule Deer, Blacktail Deer & Coyotes. It seems to be random but frequent. It's VERY annoying while your out there trying to compete in the "Summer Fiesta Scoresaver Lottery" competition. It's also annoying to get those letters from Doc for not being able to harvest these animals that are lying there on the ground in front of you.

Steps to Reproduce:
I'd have to say your best chance of reproducing this bug would be to go out to Whitehart Island and kill a few male Blacktail Deer and try to harvest them with your Huntermate.

Additional Information:
Sample video clip recorded on 8/23/17 showing the shot, kill and unsuccessful attempt to harvest the animal with the Huntermate.

My Computer
Platform: HP Desktop
OS & Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Current Season Stats
Spoiler:
Nockedup's Twitch Channel

"Difficult doesn't mean impossible. It simply means that you have to work hard" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Threwlys
Tracker

Re: Unharvestable Animals

Post by Threwlys »

Very annoying, really. Strange as it seens, another shot to the animal dead in the ground can solve this. The first time it happened to me, i thought that the animal was still alive, then i shoot him again, and then the Huntermate worked. Recently, i'm not having this issue. Maybe the devs have fixed this bug.
Commanche
Spotter

Post by Commanche »

Unfortunately this happens a lot to me. I've tried every trick under the sun as a workaround i.e. another shot, walking in and out of render, killing another animal and harvest it before returning to the problematic one etc. etc. without any luck. Also affects most animals i.e. bears, rabbits, deer, birds, coyotes. I think red fox and ptarmigan are the only animals I haven't had the issue with. Today in BRR I had the opposite. Shot a feral goat with the long bow. It bled out but didn't die i.e became unharvestable. Shot it once more with the longbow. Nothing. Pulled out the .44 and clobbered it. Nothing. Just lying there, looking at me.

I'm not sure what the devs need in order to replicate the issue. I can post screenshots of all the animals that I failed to harvest but surely they must have come across this problem themselves...if they play the game...
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Could it be then that the game isn't properly registering them "dead?" If I come across this bug I'll try shooting again.

I did have a doe that bled out on MP (I wasn't host) in TgT, and she just laid there eternally "dying" no matter how many shots I threw into her. It could be related? (This was before the Pointer patch.)
MaxVe
Scout

Post by MaxVe »

Hunting gray wolves happened to me many times, even yesterday and the last is today a 85 kg male that i had to leave (my ranking is crying) while other specimens, smaller of course, i have confirmed them...I created a bug report and I'm waiting for news...

Return to “Equipment / Gear”