Max zoom on all scopes flicker on val-de-bois

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Levado
Scout

Re: Max zoom on all scopes flicker on val-de-bois

Post by Levado »

I had this issue in the past on both Val-des-Bois and Timbergold Trails. It was related to flags. When I removed them from Val-des-Bois, the issue disappeared. Months later I decided to use them on Timbergold Trails. Everything seemed to work fine, until one of my guests complained about a flickering scope. I told him that it must be because of my flags. He got the impression that he didn't believe me, so I told him that I would remove them while he was still playing. Exactly after I removed the last flag, he reported that the issue was gone. So in my case it was related to the flags. I've met several other people who solved the issue by removing them. Some reported that the issue was caused by just carrying them in their inventory, but I was never able to confirm this.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I got no flags on VdB (see my setup) and carried none in my inventory. On TGT, on the other hand, I have some flags and had no flickering thus far.
Not saying it wasn't the flags in your case, just that it must be something different in my case.
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I had 15 TS before and didn't have this flickering issue . Now i have 12 and does it .
I had 8 tents before and didn't have this issue , now i have 7 and it does it .
Like i reported before , always in MP for me , always in TgT and guest also has it doing it .
Doesn't do it with rifle scope . Doesn't do it with green binocs .
I can't remember when it started , but i can assure you that back couples months , in MP, with friends , it did not do it . Some update / patch must have started this .
Really annoying anyway . Keep up the search on this bug please .

My actual TgT map :

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It's weird - after I had the flicker bug in the previous two hunts on VdB, I started another one and... everything is fine. Just to clarify: I started at the same spot, with (almost) the same loadout, walked a similar route and did similar things... but this time, the spotting scope works fine even on max zoom. Same PC, same account, same settings, nothing seems to have changed - at least nothing that I am aware of.

So obviously this bug is not consistent but seems to appear at random times.
Image Image Image
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:So obviously this bug is not consistent but seems to appear at random times.
Indeed, it does. I could spawn in the exact same spot at the exact same time about a 100 times in a row and maybe 30 times I would have this issue. The only thing that was different in every spawn was the animals spawned on the map and the weather.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Eva999
Spotter

Post by Eva999 »

This happened to me just yesterday with the spotting scope, down near the riverbank. Solution was to dial back the zoom a bit. So I can confirm it's still happening. As others have observed, it's not constant, or repeatable, but random.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I dug out an old thread of mine from Dec 2016 about the flickering scopes, but before I brought it out of the depths of the forum pages I figured there was a newer thread & here I am.

I am getting this bug on VDB as well. I'm in single player. I do have tents, treestands, deployable towers & active barrels. It doesn't matter what part of the map I'm on or what time of day.

System
Windows 10 64 bits
Intel Core i7-7700 [email protected] , 16.0GB RAM , Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

stancomputerhunter wrote:It has happened to me too. In MP game on TGT. Doesn't happen in SP. Tried to take a picture of the flickering, but it just shows as a solid line. Next time I see it I will record it, unless you figure it out, Martin.
My thinking was that it’s screen tearing because of the added resolution. I’m usual wrong but that was my thought when I see it.
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

I could reproduce this on VdB while doing the Easter missions. It was happening to me when I had one of the motion predator decoys in my backpack. If I moved it into an equipment slot the flickering stopped.
Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24
Cogsy666
Outfitter

Post by Cogsy666 »

Cogsy666 wrote:I could reproduce this on VdB while doing the Easter missions. It was happening to me when I had one of the motion predator decoys in my backpack. If I moved it into an equipment slot the flickering stopped.
As an update to this i recorded a short video.

Rares So Far 129
Non-Typicals So Far 24

Return to “Equipment / Gear”