Distance indicator in conflict with actual distance. [4065]

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Scratch
Tracker

Distance indicator in conflict with actual distance. [4065]

Post by Scratch »

Bug Report
Game Mode: MP
Hunter Name: Angus

Description:
Rangefinder & Shot Distance discrepancy.
Shot distance reported on HM, Expedition page & Scoresheet is about 0.7m longer than distance reported on RF Binocs.

Steps to Reproduce:
Use Binocs or RF to position an animal at a specific distance.
Shoot the animal before it moves.
Compare the Shot distance to the distance reported.
I used the The Anschultz 1790D FL

Additional Information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjuU1_7 ... load_owner
RF: 61m (203')
HM: 62.6m
Expedition: 62.56m (205.25')
Scoresheet: 62.560m (205.2') http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/angus/score/387896292

Original Text:
Spoiler:
While in Redfeather falls on {2015-08-13 at 1853 hrs.} reserve location (-10212, -3975)hunting elk for the mission "perfect your range" the huntermate (see video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjuU1_7 ... load_owner)the huntermate is in conflict with range finder binocs on detecting the range.
The Anschultz 1790D FL bolt action is 109cm. long the distance of 61meters and 109cm. is equal to 6192.2cm,and total distance allowed is 6249cm.
So I should have this mission over and done with, also 2600gm's.
I was standing exactly 60 or 61 meters from the species.Like the binocs say in the video.
The huntermate and the hunt results page say different.
The hunt stats page also say 1 shot, harvest score 163.543 and 100% value.
Here's my math:
6249cm. + 109cm. = 6358cm. max. distance allowed.
62.49m. =6249cm.
61m. = 6100cm.
rifle: 109cm.
1 meter = 39.3 inchs.
Last edited by Tod1d on August 14th, 2015, 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Proper Bug Format
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Distance indicator in conflict with actual distance.

Post by Tod1d »

From the last game update:
  • Distance calculated when shooting now starts from your camera position instead of the weapon’s end point. This is done so that shooting distance and rangefinder distances will match.
It appears the deviation is now the other way. Prior to the fix, the reported distance was SHORTER than the measured distance.

How did you determine "the Anschultz 1790D FL bolt action is 109cm." ?
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Scratch
Tracker

Re: Distance indicator in conflict with actual distance. [40

Post by Scratch »

I made 1 calculation mistake after I submitted, and should have inserted the word (not) or rephrased the statement on the max. distance allowed, and fixed the entire statement and calculation. my mistake!My calculation was the max. distance allowed and I added the rifle length instead of my relative range and the rifle length.
I found the rifle size here (http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.ph ... ecce8f0b54)
I checked for a 1790 and they don't have one on record. If I called a 1790 it's another mistake, it must be this wide point roller pen I'm using.
My relative range of 61 meters "my range finder distance indicator" and the length of the rifle 109 cm is equal to 6192.2 cm.
The max. distance is 6249cm. or 62.49 meters.
That made my distance from the target 40cm. or 15 3/4 inchs under the max distance.
So doesn't that make the shot within 5 feet either way?
I was standing on stones and he shifted his feet when shouldering the rifle but I still followed through with the shot.
Don't tell me the stance change was an entire meter, 39.3 inchs! It should be less, say 6 to 9 inchs.
Actually there should not be a discrepancy with that!
And if the distance starts from the camera position not the rifle end then that puts me in a safer range zone does it not?
And how am I supposed to find the range from the score sheet if I'm using the range finder binocs for that purpose prior to shooting?
Check the shot distances of elk I hunted in that same hunt and the same scenario played out.
So that's why I recorded an example of a range finding conflict.

Return to “Equipment / Gear”