Flymode by Treestand bug?

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found in equipment (Inventory Items). Please use the kind of equipment name in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Muzzleloader, Red Deer Caller.
Rantanrave
Tracker

Flymode by Treestand bug?

Post by Rantanrave »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cCbcpX_or8

This bug was cause by me playing multiplayer with 2 friends, when the following happened:

My friend (who hosted the server), moved a treestand to a different tree. Then we left the area, and after a while my friend got a message that a beaver had chopped down the tree, and his treestand had been returned to his lodge.
We then returned to the area and saw the treestand still there.
I then entered it, and nothing seemed to be wrong.
Then, I tried to exit the treestand, and then POOF, it vanished, leaving me hanging in the air, free to fly around.
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Re: Flymode by Treestand bug?

Post by Hawkeman »

Odd bug !! But pretty heavy to see you walk in the hight of the treetops looking down... and I would realy have enjoyed to get that close to the shipwreck and it is quite funny to see your shadow walk along the coast line..

I enjoyed your video :P

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Amazing video :) i wish if we could have a mod where we can explore the game from above just for fun :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I remember getting the same issue / bug, back when i started years ago in LP .About 4-5 years ago .
I looked at all the equipment bug reports and couldn't find if i made a report or not . So here it is ...

Avatar walking in the air , from TS .
player : DYEUZ
game mode : SP
rerserve : WHI
Coordinates of TS : X -13824 / Y 6175
Here is the story of that hunt ... https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dyeu ... n/83647787

At some point in this long hunt , today , i decided to install a new TS and relocate some Turkey decoys that were just couple meters away with its own TS .
So , i removed the decoys and old TS . Went back to put down decoys to new spot and put away in backpack the old TS .
I was able to hop on and check it out for a bit .

Next , i decided to go away and hunt some more .Later , i returned to put a tent next to that new setup . While approaching the area ,i noticed that on my HunterMate and on the enlarged map , i couldn't see the TS . I was seeing the decoys , but not the TS .
When putting up the tent , i thought it was way too close to the TS, about 5 meters , but didnt think more of it . I know from experience that its farther than that and usually , a msg tells you that you are too close to a TS and the outline of the tent is red .

Went to hunt some more and returned later . That's where the bug started . I could see the tent icon and the decoys on the HM, but not the TS still.
Jumped on TS and while moving around , left and right to look , i started to move away from TS .
You can clearly see in my pic , my shadow on ground , understanding that i am away from TS big time . Also , look at the tent , where its at . Too close to the tree .
I walked a bit around the tree , to try to figure out stuff . It was possible for me to crouch and be prone in mid-air .
Even though you can see just a little bit , bottom right corner , the ''E'' function, i never could go back down be pressing ''E'' .

After a bit of walking on air , i went towards the back of the tree and fell down , with the result of the red screen . Like when i fall and die .
Healed myself and could not go back up that TS . Again went away to hunt some more and the msg of the Beaver showed up .

At the end of my hunt , 6 hours long , i returned for the last time and TS wasnt there no more . It was in my tent .
Took it out and tried to put it up , but i wasn't able to , because it was red now and understanding that the tent was too close .
Backed up the tent a bit and retried . Then , it worked .Ended my hunt .

Before sending you this report , i went to check out the setup again .
We can see the icons of : TS + Decoys + Tent . All is there now .

We can also see that the tent , is where it should be , proximity / distance wise .
Image Image

Now , the steps to reproduce ! I'm not quite sure what to tell you more ,than the story i just told you .
Is this a one time issue for now ? idk . Hope not to get it again though .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Equipment / Gear”