expanding current reserves

hunterPRO1
Outfitter

expanding current reserves

Post by hunterPRO1 »

so we all now thehunter classic is an old game by now, small dev team, and not a huge budget. we haven't gotten a new reserve for a long time, its uncertain if we ever will and if we do then it is likely that it will reuse many of the assets already in the game (trees, rocks, flowers, terrain and such).

so instead of all new reserves, perhaps old ones could be expanded, especially smaller ones like settlers creeks, or hirschfelden. this could allow room for a new species or two without upsetting the current balance.

settlers creek would be a perfect candidate to test this out on, its the smallest reserve in the game, yet has one of the highest individual species counts, and they are all spread out throughout the reserve almost equally, making targeting a particular species difficult and making it seem like there are fewer animals than there are in the reserve.

it stand to reason that settlers creeks could benefit the most from an expansion eastward, giving it a shared border with rougarou bayou, and perhaps even timbergold trails.
by doing this you take a reserve that was put out early in the games development, mostly just for the sake of having something new, that reused all of its animals, and nearly all of its assets. and you could turn it into one of the better reserves in the game.

my suggestion would be to move the border eastward, making the new border line go from the southern most tip of timbergold, to the northwest edge of rougarou.
this would nearly double the huntable area, and allow animal species to have more specific range where they are less interrupted by other species (im not saying have a specific elk zone, the animals should still blend, but more in the way that redfeather falls does this, having black tail in the north whitetail in south, elk east in the hills and moose west in the swamps.)

whitetail could be found anywhere, excluding the mountainous terrain in the center of the current reserve, and the new hilly terrain south of timbergold.

elk would be found in the hilly terrain center of the reserve and in the new northeast corner south of timbergold,

turkeys where they exist now, and should be near any fields in the new area.

rabbits around any fields as they are now.

bobcats in thick woods anywhere near where rabbits and turkeys exist.(pretty much as it is now)

feral hogs in the lowland fields, abandoned farmland and near the rivers.

black bears around the creeks and in the hills.

and this even opens up the possibility of a new species in the future, small game like squirrel or raccoon perhaps even beaver would fit, or in the new hilly terrain in the northeast there could be another type of sheep or goat to go trekking after. or maybe even sika (NOT to be confused with sitka) in the new south west area along with rougarou bayou.

this could all be done using mostly or all already created assets in settlers creeks and rougarou/timbergold. and could turn around one of the least hunted reserves in the game that has so much potential.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Re: expanding current reserves

Post by 1Al »

I would remove Piccabeen.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

1Al wrote:I would remove Piccabeen.
You see hunterPRO1, that's how you add to the game, not by expanding or improving upon existing maps, but by deleting them. :? So why didn't you think of that EW??? :roll:
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I think that removing Piccabeen would be an improvement for the whole game, better than any expansion.
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

1Al wrote:I think that removing Piccabeen would be an improvement for the whole game, better than any expansion.
That’s absurd, don’t play on it if you don’t like it. It improves nothing to remove something from the game that many people enjoy, just because of your limited opinion. Removing Piccabeen would mean removing 5 of the unique species found there. Specifically the ones with the most advanced animations as they are the newest to be developed.

Feel free to pretend like it doesn’t exist on your game, but stop pushing for something that clearly has nothing to do with what the OP had in mind
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

i have been playing eurotruck simulator 2 for ages. the developers managed to revise old regions. and this is exactly where I would like to see a revision of the old areas here. I would much rather like an African savannah ... but what good is it to dreaming
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

1Al wrote:I think that removing Piccabeen would be an improvement for the whole game, better than any expansion.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

EthanRanft wrote:
That’s absurd, don’t play on it if you don’t like it. It improves nothing to remove something from the game that many people enjoy, just because of your limited opinion. Removing Piccabeen would mean removing 5 of the unique species found there. Specifically the ones with the most advanced animations as they are the newest to be developed.

Feel free to pretend like it doesn’t exist on your game, but stop pushing for something that clearly has nothing to do with what the OP had in mind
Since when did you start playing tHC? This is your very personal and limited opinion. Indeed I don't play on that ugly reserve. I really don't care about what other people think of this. I know because I've seen that after they added that useless reserve, the trouble started for te whole tHC. Probably there is a server, software or other problem, I don't know, but now the game has worsened significantly compared than before the PB addition. So mine isn't a simple opinion, but a definite observation based on concrete facts.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

1Al wrote:
EthanRanft wrote:

Since when did you start playing tHC? This is your very personal and limited opinion. Indeed I don't play on that ugly reserve. I really don't care about what other people think of this. I know because I've seen that after they added that useless reserve, the trouble started for te whole tHC. Probably there is a server, software or other problem, I don't know, but now the game has worsened significantly compared than before the PB addition. So mine isn't a simple opinion, but a definite observation based on concrete facts.
multiplayer is the only time I encounter bugs nowadays.

Ive played since 2012, if you are saying this is the worst that bugs and crashes have been, you weren't here in 2016. Maybe it's different for others, but the game seems pretty stable to me.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

hunterPRO1 wrote:
1Al wrote:
EthanRanft wrote: That’s absurd, don’t play on it if you don’t like it. It improves nothing to remove something from the game that many people enjoy, just because of your limited opinion. Removing Piccabeen would mean removing 5 of the unique species found there. Specifically the ones with the most advanced animations as they are the newest to be developed.

multiplayer is the only time I encounter bugs nowadays.

Ive played since 2012, if you are saying this is the worst that bugs and crashes have been, you weren't here in 2016. Maybe it's different for others, but the game seems pretty stable to me.
There are still issues but mostly minor. Much better than it has been at stages in the past. Don't miss the unexpected and all too often hard crashes after alt-tabbing.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”