Boreal Forest

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Boreal Forest

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks Dubitabilus and ogruls.
Nice of you to bail the guy out, however "In the recent future there are no plans" is not equal to "we can no longer expect a new map".

Plus, supposedly, it's been "said clearly several times". I would just love to see those statements as they would matter.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks Dubitabilus and ogruls.
Nice of you to bail the guy out, however "In the recent future there are no plans" is not equal to "we can no longer expect a new map".

Plus, supposedly, it's been "said clearly several times". I would just love to see those statements as they would matter.
"Yet hope remains while the company is true."
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

I believe that "the recent future" is the key point in the phrasing.
I could sense that in the AMA Dmitri didn't want to get our hopes up by outright stating "yes, a new reserve is coming in 'x timeframe'."
"Deeem0n" likes to surprise us and keeps things under wraps.

I mean, the Pumas came outta nowhere and who knows how long those have been developed behind the scenes.
Also, there are monthly updates with bug fixes and expanded features.
Now we have a new designer, so anything is possible!

To the point of EW declining a new reserve, that mentality in the community was primarily before the transition to the "freemium" business model.
Players left the game thinking going F2P was the death knell for the game.
Glad to see they were wrong.

Now with Ringtail Studios in the driver's seat, with EW's guidance, I'm positive a new reserve is in the works.
Just don't know when to expect it... :P
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Dubitabilus wrote:I believe that "the recent future" is the key point in the phrasing.
Setting aside that "in the recent future" is nonsensical...It's like saying "in the past future". :shock:
Personal Bests...
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

Fletchette wrote:
Dubitabilus wrote:I believe that "the recent future" is the key point in the phrasing.
Setting aside that "in the recent future" is nonsensical...It's like saying "in the past future". :shock:
After reading it again, I was hoping no one would catch that... :lol:
I don't know why I couldn't think of "the near future" or "the immediate future" when I was writing that reply the first time.
It sounded right in my head, but maybe I should've let the coffee work a bit more before posting :D

Back to the Boreal Forest: I wouldn't mind having a more inland version of RFF or Settler Creeks highlands region.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

So if you followed the questions about a new map in the last years in the forum or in the stream. There was no reason to even dream about it. It's a lot of work and when the old team has left the boat ... and new people leave after a year ... how do you want a new map with all the stuff that belongs there and with the few Convert money?

there is still so much work to be done and personally I would prefer a revision of the old content to new content with new bugs.
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

i am all up for a new reserve, boreal forest sound good, count me in. ;)
Whitetail deer, Capercailie, elk, red fox, wolverine, fisher marten and something else...............however, iam all for that ;)
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Yes boreal forest would be awesome. :)
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

it would be a cool place to hunt.

and ew has only said that there are no immediate plans, as long as the community stays stable and doesnt die out, i would be surprised if it never happened.

just because it isnt 2016 anymore, doesn't mean this games time has ended.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Personally I dont think there is much chance of a new map under the current plan. Staff numbers are now at a maintenance level rather then the numbers required for development and there is little if any monetary gain to be had under the current free to play system to finance such an undertaking.. Of course they could go the way of COTW and charge for new content but the screams of outrage would be deafening. Its not that I dont want to see it happen but I fail to see how it possibly could.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”