Boreal Forest

Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Re: Boreal Forest

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

muledeer wrote:the only problem is we can no longer expect a new map in classic. that has been said clearly several times. you can wish for everything
When Dmitri was asked what he wished for the game sooner he said he would be happy if a new map would be ready. So , why not ? It's doable, they have an editor and they have the expertise. Where is a will, there is always a...way.
muledeer
Hunter

Post by muledeer »

Vanatorul_Roman wrote:
muledeer wrote:the only problem is we can no longer expect a new map in classic. that has been said clearly several times. you can wish for everything
When Dmitri was asked what he wished for the game sooner he said he would be happy if a new map would be ready. So , why not ? It's doable, they have an editor and they have the expertise. Where is a will, there is always a...way.
:? It's all about the money and I'm glad enough that this game is still online at all. but what do you mean by them? those who worked on the maps are no longer there ... that's no longer the old core of developers. a wish is not the same as reality ... but of course we can dream of it. It's not just about building a map ... I'm sure you also want new animals. at the moment we get a new animal per year. or do you just want a new map with the existing animals? i would pay for a new map as a dlc but now i'm looking forward to the new animal ;)
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

You don't NEED a "core" team for that. It's an editor and anyone , medium skillful can do it. Even I could do it if I had that tool.Do you think all these maps was made by teams? They were made by one man only. The problem is that it takes time, because you have to set 3D objects in terrain, terrain which varies in hights etc etc. Even now in all the maps made are wrong 3D objects coordinates (that is the nightmare of the one who makes them, because he must make correction.)
So, as I say, to make a map, you need a conception guy, an artist, a guy who photographs in real the terrain and a texture guy to make extra 3D objects you want to look in a particular way and everything (you want sand if the map is near ocean, you want pines/specific trees if you have mountains, specific flowers for a specific zone etc etc), of course integrated with game's engine , to work.
So all you need is the WILL to do it, the rest is simple.Ask Dmitri if you don't believe me...LOL
One more thing, this team is PAID, to take care of the what was left of this game, including to improve it (they introduced new animals, didn't they?) meaning CREATING NEW CONTENT, maps included. For them the problem is time, they are just a few guys who already work maybe to another animal or they are correcting bugs around the clock. This team is better than previous, including the original game producers because they solved a lot of important bugs so far in a very short period. The old team took year and even so they weren't able to solve minor things or simply they ignored them, they didn't care much of what gamers wanted.They just pretended they care. There were times in the past when I lost any hope that they will fix some real annoying bugs I almost gave up this game...Until now. Now the game is reborn in a way, I have great expectation from Dmitri and the gang.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”