Winter sagebrush map?

louismarez925

Winter sagebrush map?

Post by louismarez925 »

What about a winter time sagebrush map? it would be based off of Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana's high plains sagebrush mountains in late November. The map would be split in half by foothills up in the higher elevations, and slowly decrease in elevation down to the rolling plains, the reserve would be covered in fresh snowfall up high and it would be somewhat dry down on the plains, the snow would be scattered in between the high and low points. the animals would be Pronghorn, bighorn sheep, mule deer, rocky mountain elk, sage grouse, coyote, jackrabbit, cougar, and other rocky mountain inhabitants. the animals would be placed realistically, for example the elk, bighorn, and cougar found up higher in the map, the deer found throughout, and the pronghorn and sage grouse found in the rolling plains.(maybe the elk could have a migratory behavior, being found up high and migrating down as if fleeing the deep snow) this type of map would cater to all play styles such as long range shots as well as spot and stalk hunting.
the habitat would be mostly open with scattered juniper and cedar trees, and as you go up in elevation the vegetation gets thicker as the terrain gets more steep.

Imagethis is a fairly good example of the middle ground between the base of the mountains and the plains, the transition if you will. this is where all of the species could potentially be encountered.

Image This is a good example of what the higher points of the reserve would be, for the elk, sheep, mule deer and cougar to be found

ImageThis is the lower plains, they haven't completely been covered in snow yet, this is primary home to the pronghorn, sage grouse, rabbit, coyote and of course deer with occasional elk encounters

Image i personally think huge herds of elk moving down a mountain in the snow would be awesome to see in this game

Image how cool would this be to see in thehunter?

Image this would be the first map you could hunt deer and elk in the snow, which is awesome in real life

Image Let me know what you guys think!!!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Winter sagebrush map?

Post by DYEUZ »

Not bad at all. I like it !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

I would definitely enjoy a map like this
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

I really like this one :)
Nathan22Outdoors
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

It looks similar to Hemmeldal but with more plains, like a cross between Hirsch and Hemmeldal, and i like it, besides it have a nice mix of animals, i like it.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
EmmaHunter22

Post by EmmaHunter22 »

I'm all for this. I've wanted a reserve based off of North/South-western Arizona, but this actually would include many of the animals Arizona has, as well as a similar environment, just a bit colder and more open. I think it would be beautiful. I'd be especially excited for Pronghorn. Also, I think it'd be cool if they added cougars, because they exist all over the place! Plus they're just awesome. :D
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

jackrabbit, mountain lion, bobcat, mule deer, rocky mountain elk, grizzly bear,---If they did this however it would need to be more open like a desert so isn't just a winterized TGT.
cody762

Post by cody762 »

I love the thought and detail and dedication to this post, 10/10 I want a map with those animals
GBRnHunt

Post by GBRnHunt »

I really like the idea of a winter sagebrush map. And being able to spot and stalk pronghorn is all I want in this game. Great post!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Very nice reserve, congratulations

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”