Wind and rain audio option

Lee_Jones

Wind and rain audio option

Post by Lee_Jones »

I think the wind and rain is too loud I wish I could turn it down, It drowns out calls and footsteps also sometimes it goes on too long and it's annoying.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Wind and rain audio option

Post by HooCairs »

I know CotW has an audio issue sometimes but on what map in Classic do you hear this?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Lee_Jones

Post by Lee_Jones »

All maps, Where ever there is wind, I use Astro a40 tr with mixamp and No matter how I try and mix the sound I can't seem to to fix anything, So I guess they have to lower the audio of the wind. It's just a constant WOOSHing when the wind picks up and it drowns out all other audio.

I'm I the only one who has this problem ?
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Toning down the sound of the rain has been requested before, but that being something game breaking is unusual, maybe we are too used to it. Try this:
right click in your sound icon in the task bar(i use w7)
select your speaker with the green ticket (it say speaker but can be headphones) then properties(of the device) then click the tab "enhancements"
in that tab mark only the "loudness equalization". if is checked then un-select it

That should make your rain noise sound different in game, in my case it make when i have it marked it make all sound more even, if is not marked then shots sound really loud but other sounds are really low.
Hope it help you.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Lee_Jones

Post by Lee_Jones »

VonStratos wrote:Toning down the sound of the rain has been requested before, but that being something game breaking is unusual, maybe we are too used to it. Try this:
right click in your sound icon in the task bar(i use w7)
select your speaker with the green ticket (it say speaker but can be headphones) then properties(of the device) then click the tab "enhancements"
in that tab mark only the "loudness equalization". if is checked then un-select it

That should make your rain noise sound different in game, in my case it make when i have it marked it make all sound more even, if is not marked then shots sound really loud but other sounds are really low.
Hope it help you.
Thank you loudness was checked I unchecked it so maybe no it would be so ear piercing, But I do hope they come up with an audio update or remaster.
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

I'm with you 1,000%. I've quit 3 games in a row today on Peekapuke Bay due to just what you said. A word (I know they won't get this, but...) to the developers/programers. It seems like they are went way overboard on the thunderstorm stuff. Hey, why not make thunder and lightning last for 45 minutes, real time, during a game. That would be more realistic wouldn't it? Out the window with realism on this point. Show us the thunderstorm and "cool" lightning effects for 3 minutes... then, shut it off. Let us enjoy the game. By the way... for realism, you don't program thunder to be heard every time after only about 1/2 second from the flash. How unreal can you get? And the audio option... Seems like long ago the game allowed you to lower the environmental noise so you can hear the animals better, if you wanted.
CAMuleyMan
Tracker

Post by CAMuleyMan »

CAmulieman wrote:I'm with you 1,000%. I've quit 3 games in a row today on Peekapuke Bay due to just what you said. A word (I know they won't get this, but...) to the developers/programers. It seems like they are went way overboard on the thunderstorm stuff. Hey, why not make thunder and lightning last for 45 minutes, real time, during a game. That would be more realistic wouldn't it? Out the window with realism on this point. Show us the thunderstorm and "cool" lightning effects for 3 minutes... then, shut it off. Let us enjoy the game. By the way... for realism, you don't program thunder to be heard every time after only about 1/2 second from the flash. How unreal can you get? And the audio option... Seems like long ago the game allowed you to lower the environmental noise so you can hear the animals better, if you wanted.
I agree, I was hunting roe deer and ibex for the missions, it rained close to 80% of the time in my hunts, and I hunted for 4-5 hours, nonstop rain. I wish there was a little switch to click that enables it, aswell as the haunted timbergold, I'd love to see a on off switch for that too.
Yeah, I'm that guy that hunts mule deer :D
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

I guess whom ever programmed the rain thought all reserves were tropical rain forests.
Spoiler:
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

i hope they make that option for the dog foot step as well because every time i stalk an animal he is behind mee making footstep noise too as well so it comfuse u is it the animal footstep or the dog so i ended up every time to give the dog order to stay when ever i stalk animal so i dont hear him :P but an option for that is very handy to see .
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

I usually just turn the game's volume down in the system settings (windows button + G for the overlay) while this happening. The bad weather is meant to dull you senses and I think it's a cool feature.

But I agree that it could be toned back.

Me, I hate the waves. I think they are way too loud, so i don't spend a lot of time on the beaches.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”