Argentina Grass/Wet lands Reserve.

stuntmstr

Argentina Grass/Wet lands Reserve.

Post by stuntmstr »

Seeing the recent trend to start makin southern hemisphere reserves and animals, The dream of a reserve based In the country I currently live in and hunt all year long doesn't seem too impossible.
So In this thread I'll be showing off the terrain we hunt and the species we've been harvesting for generations.
THE LAND: the terrain in central Argentina is very irregular, with lots of valleys and hills (great for new render range), usually on these valleys wetlands can be found which make for great small game and waterfowl hunting.
Valleys:
Wetland:
ANIMALS: In argentina we have a big range of deer species, waterfowl, rodents and some antelopes and goats. these below are some of the species that could possibly be implemented to the map.
Big Game:
BLACKBUCK
RED DEER
TAHR
FALLOW DEER
AXIS DEER
WILD BOAR
Small Game:
CARPINCHO
CURITI
BLACK YACARE
Last edited by stuntmstr on June 3rd, 2018, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hunter and rugby player.
Redmaster
Scout

Re: Argentina Grass/Wet lands Reserve.

Post by Redmaster »

I've been talking with a buddy for a few weeks about a brainstorm about an Argentina reserve based on La Pampa.
Our list went:
Native Game---
*Grey Brocket
*Capybara
*Culepo Fox
*White-lipped Peccary
*All the ducks(Argentina has such an awesome roster of ducks, I would love if the devs would find a way to implement them all. Also you don't need a bunch of different callers. It seems one call for hunting them IRL with basic decoys works fine)
Exotic Game---
*Blackbuck
*Axis Deer(wayyyyy overdue)
*Red deer

You have an great list too! Though my personal preference I would save Tahr and Fallow for a South Island NZ and new Europe reserve respectively.
stuntmstr

Post by stuntmstr »

I was thinking la pampa too, I went with a mostly exotic list just because they are invasive and less regulated, Native species such as pampas deer, brocket and more are considered endangered and are very restricted when it comes to hunting them.

Hunter and rugby player.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

@stuntmstr Thanks for sharing your part of the world. I'm sold, those species look as beautiful as the land. Heck yes on just about every one of those animals except the pig and the croc.(I'll never agree that any crocs/gators be introduced into the game) Looking in the wikipedia for La Pampa Province for a ballpark idea on the climate/temperatures, I'm sold there too, when can I move in lol. Which season would you like to see this kind of reserve set in?

Of the species both you and Redmaster listed, these would be my top picks for the species lineup..

1. Fallow Deer, conservation status; Least Concern - Beautiful deer, always a crowd favorite, overdue in tHC.
2. Axis Deer (aka Chital and Spotted Deer), conservation status; Least Concern - Same as above.
3. Blackbuck (aka Indian Antelope), conservation status; Least Concern - Such a beautiful animal, would be the first antelope in the game.
4. Himalayan Tahr, conservation status; Near Threatened - I'm almost always keen on a new goat, the more species-diverse a reserve the better IMO. Introduced to Argentina in 2006.
5. Capybara (aka Chigüire, Chigüiro, and Carpincho), conservation status; Least Concern - I think it would be terrific seeing and hearing these move around in swamps/marsh in their typical groups of 10-20.
6. Culpeo Fox, conservation status; Least Concern - A new fox that looks like it would hunt every other fox.. yep.
7. Waterfowl in general - I couldn't find anything on that Curiti but I'm game for anything that looks that good. Might be a tough sell with a whole new set of waterfowl equipment made for the Magpie Geese recently, though.

Good suggestion, I hope EW gives it a long look one day. :)
stuntmstr

Post by stuntmstr »

Season wouldn't be too important tbh since this area looks exactly the same all year round. But it is true that animals are a lot more active during fall so maybe it could be set during that time of the year.
About the himalayan thar being threatened: that's true on it's native habitat, here it's invasive and has no bag limit.

Hunter and rugby player.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

No arguments from me! I too believe the Axis & Fallow deer are way overdue.

J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

stuntmstr wrote:Season wouldn't be too important tbh since this area looks exactly the same all year round. But it is true that animals are a lot more active during fall so maybe it could be set during that time of the year.
About the himalayan thar being threatened: that's true on it's native habitat, here it's invasive and has no bag limit.
Ah, I kind of figured their status might not be correct for your region since they're an introduced species. I'll certainly take your word over Wikipedia's, lol. And that makes sense about the seasons because the temperature ranges I read about don't seem to fluctuate all that much. For myself, as long as the bucks have big racks, I'm fine with any season, hahah. Thanks stuntmstr! Honestly, it sounds like a reserve that would have something for everyone, both in animals and environment. Maybe they can just delete Piccabeen Bay and punch in an Argentinian reserve. :lol:
stuntmstr

Post by stuntmstr »

SoftShoe wrote:No arguments from me! I too believe the Axis & Fallow deer are way overdue.
That's true both species have to be one of if not the most requested on the forum
J_Birdman wrote: Ah, I kind of figured their status might not be correct for your region since they're an introduced species. I'll certainly take your word over Wikipedia's, lol. And that makes sense about the seasons because the temperature ranges I read about don't seem to fluctuate all that much. For myself, as long as the bucks have big racks, I'm fine with any season, hahah. Thanks stuntmstr! Honestly, it sounds like a reserve that would have something for everyone, both in animals and environment. Maybe they can just delete Piccabeen Bay and punch in an Argentinian reserve. :lol:
Big racks are guaranteed, search argentina red stag on google to see what I mean. lol

Hunter and rugby player.
stuntmstr

Post by stuntmstr »

After a bit of brainstorming here's how I think the reserve would look and what the areas / spawns could possibly be.
RESERVE:
SPAWNS/AREAS:
WHITE: hills / mountains. Red deer & tahr.
YELLOW: dense forest / Thickets. Fallow deer & culpeo fox.
GREEN: Swamp. Capybara/Carpincho, Waterfowl & Yacare.
RED: Crop fields. Hares, Fallow deer and sometimes blackbuck
PURPLE: Plains, low bushes and grasslands. Fallow deer, Axis deer, Blackbuck, Culpeo fox & Hares.

Hunter and rugby player.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

Hahah, you are the man with the plan! Nice work there, you are succeeding in making me want this reserve even more.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”