Sagebrush Environment

GBRnHunt

Sagebrush Environment

Post by GBRnHunt »

theHunter has done a great job of capturing the many environments spread throughout North America. However, they are missing one of the greatest big game hunting environments out west, sagebrush country. This would be a good environment to bring in several new species, such as the sage grouse and the pronghorn. Along with these two new species mule deer, bighorn sheep, and elk could be brought in. While several animals are recycled, this would put them in a new environment with a different style of hunting. Game in the sagebrush are quick to spot danger from afar and take off running and perhaps the AI of the animals could be adjusted to account for this. Long shots would be expected for nearly any game. This would also give hunters another map to spot and stalk with a bow. Instead of having to track animals by their tracks, one would be able to find an animal and take off after it.

I wouldn't expect the pronghorn and elk to be close to each other so this environment would also allow for two split areas. One being closer to the base of the mountains with bigger hills and valleys and with some more trees where the elk and bighorn sheep would be. Then further from the mountains the hills would flatten out until they plateaued with with long sweeping hills in between where the pronghorn would mainly be. Then the mule deer and sage grouse would be spread throughout both areas.

This environment also allows for some leeway in terms of seasons. It'd be a good addition if another winter reserve was wanted as a lot of the late season hunting is done with snow on the ground.

Here are some images of some of the most beautiful country along with the respective animals that the US has to offer.
louismarez925

Re: Sagebrush Environment

Post by louismarez925 »

I very much agree with you on this suggestion bud, I'm from idaho and ive hunted deer, elk, and pronghorn and i feel like this would be a very very cool addition to the game, especially with the new long range implications EW added!

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”