a "Primal" reserve!

rhapsodaisical
Scout

a "Primal" reserve!

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I keep hoping that Primal, for what it is, gets that one fix that makes it a playable game. But thats not going to happen it seems. So for anyone still wanting a Primal fix I am suggesting a Primal Reserve!

Keeping the Dinosaur models from Primal, but some herbivores as well I think and adding some more variety other than dinosaurs. Like an Abyssinian Hornbill maybe a crocodile/wooly animals and such.

The reserve should be a rugged, grotesque reserve without any means of " settler" items

With an outfit should complement the surroundings of course!

Half the work has already been done and offers some people that primal fix on a game thats much better!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: a "Primal" reserve!

Post by curlyCoyote »

I personally think that Primal is its own separate game, I wouldn't want to combine dinosaurs in a hunting simulator for deer, so I don't think it will happen.
Primal is probably never going to get a fix sadly.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Primal isn't playable? That's a shame, I'd been considering it :(
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

it's like a very early ARK Beta with the terrible error of not saving any progress. I can do without the levelling, gear etc. But wouldn't mind a "Muldoon" Moment.

You're right though, its not really in the spirit of Classic.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

TheSheWolf wrote:Primal isn't playable? That's a shame, I'd been considering it :(
Yes, I think!
I was decided to buy it too! But looks like it's a dead game... :(

Anyways, I don't like to see dinosaurs in tHC. This game is suppose te be a realistic game and killing a T-Rex with a rifle, is not realistic, IMO!
But I'd like to see EW make Primal alive again and release some fixes and new features for it.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

"Primal" started as a "side project". Meanwhile, another full feature game was released: "Call of the Wild". And some of "Primal" creators are no longer part of EW team or are too busy to update "CotW" ot "tH:C". So, i don't expect much about "Primal".

But a new "Primal"-like reserve in "tH:C", it's not a good idea. The entire concept of "most realistic huntig simulator" will go to drain, if that happens!
Spoiler:

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I spend a lot of time in primal because for me the game is stable, runs good, and is a hoot to play. I actually spend more time there than on classic these days.
The map itself is extremely good and a fair representation of a podocarp and fern forest that, with a few minor changes to the vegetation in the open areas, would make an excellent New Zealand native forest environment. The introduction of some native grasses, bracken fern and Manuka bushes to replace the primal ferns, and the inclusion of flax and cabbage trees in the swamps, plant a few old and twisted pohutukawas on the seaside cliffs and it would be good to go. Then replace the concrete structures with some old Pa sites and some derelict homesteads you would have a great map for classic.
Unfortunately the dinosaurs would have to go.
They could be replaced with any of the following.. Pukeko and Paradise ducks, Black swans, Euro rabbits, Feral goats, Chamois, Thar, Red deer, Sambhur deer, Japanese Sika deer and Fallow deer, Wild cattle and Feral hogs.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”