Africa

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: Africa

Post by Schlachtwolf »

African map is for EW the elephant in the room...... a nettle that they seem reluctant to grasp but a reserve with Wildebeest, zebra, eland etc woud have no ethical problems, even room for small game like hyrax and a carnivore like hyena..... I don't really see a problem with that sort of comprimise.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

What do you think the community would say if EW release Africa without Elephants, Rhinos, Lions etc. I would see a boring revolution. "Where are Elephants and Lions?".
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Pittie wrote:What do you think the community would say if EW release Africa without Elephants, Rhinos, Lions etc. I would see a boring revolution. "Where are Elephants and Lions?".
That is why it would be a compromise, the community KNOW that a snowball has more chance in hell than getting elephants and rhino in the game. This would be the trade off, some african animals but not the hard to swallow ones. I feel most of us could live with that.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

What the F is wrong with elephants and lions? If you got the money, you can shoot them. There is no law prohibiting it.

Follow our crew on instagram
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

pastuh wrote:If theHunter:Classic can't create Africa, that means theHunter:COTW will create.
After all the years of debating and countless threads about whether we should get Africa, what should and shouldn't be included, wouldn't that be hilarious? :lol:

The Apex engine would be the better platform on which to create a stunning African reserve, but it still wouldn't be enough to convince me to jump ship from Classic to Call of the Wild. If we ever get an African reserve in Classic, I would imagine it would exclude the more exotic animal choices, and focus more on the likes of impala, kudu, wildebeest, gemsbok, etc. But anything they put in the game, I'm fine to shoot.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

We can always hope to get Africa,... Yes David, it is hilariously funny what is thought to be included before any real knowledge of ever getting it........... :D
There are a lot of animals in Africa,.. but only a few animals always represent it across the world. When anyone thinks of Africa what are the first animals that are thought of?
These 4 posters all have 1 thing in common, and that's what Africa should be, and hopefully no feral goats if you get my drift.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I still cringe by thinking of shooting certain species. Yes its a a game, but EW isnt Konami. I love the ethics in this game. I love a savanna map but I would care less for for the big five for the sake of it. There are less thought through games for that
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

rhapsodaisical wrote:I still cringe by thinking of shooting certain species. Yes its a a game, but EW isnt Konami. I love the ethics in this game. I love a savanna map but I would care less for for the big five for the sake of it. There are less thought through games for that
What ethics are you talking about in this game?
You're allowed to shoot as many animals as you can shoot/kill/slaughter/harvest, and don't even have to do nothing but click on them and they magically disappear in front of you!............ :lol:
If is was real life and real animals you would have a lot of field dressing and carrying to do and have time to think about all the life you have just taken, but the bloody part is skipped,....
just like people who think ethics are part of a game.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I mean that this game doesn't use "any gun" on anything that moves. EW does seem to consider species/weapon balances carefully. More than any other game I have played.

And I never compared it to real life afaik.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I still don't see the issue with the ethical side of hunting the big five. Apart from rhinos they are all plentiful and perfectly legal to hunt. I'm not saying that they necessarily should all be put in since I would love some plains game, but buffalo, elephant, and lion would all be nice additions.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”