What new reserve should EW add next?

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: What new reserve should EW add next?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Since I've spent the past two weeks in Patagonia, I'm all for Argentina! I will probably post some pictures in the Outdoors section in a few days. It's a trekker's and birdwatcher's dream and I guess it's the same for hunters! Even though I can't say for sure - I have been to natural parks mostly and they don't hunt much there. ;) Also, I don't know if people eat guanacos, nandus and armadillos, but they're cute to look at! :P
Image Image Image
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Granti wrote:im not a big fan of an african reserve. i took the discussion already last year, and though indirect returns for the local ppl is a good thing im still no fan of pure trophy hunting IRL.

i really would like it more to see some small stuff and bugs fixed. the launcher for example, the comp part there especially, and never give up hope that the pb make a return;)

im off for the weekend, happy easter guys & happy hunting
I respect that; but there are a lot of benefits to hunting them irl. Like you said some of the money for the extremely expensive permissions goes back to the locals and it also goes to protecting those animals from illegal hunting and maintaining wildlife reserves. When you think about it, it's a lot better to have one rich dude shoot one animal under strict and expensive guidelines then have hundreds poachers shooting hundreds of animals in an unprotected and dwindling reserve. But like we said before, it's just a video game.

I just realized that I got a little too political there so I apologize in advance.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I will probably post some pictures in the Outdoors section in a few days.
Please do so, because every time I learn more about Argentina, I'm starting to be more amazed about its nature, the same with Chile and Peru. :)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Thoke2014 wrote:I personally want a dedicated waterfowl map (no big game whatsoever), somewhere based in an area like North Dakota or Manitoba. Have field hunting for geese, ducks, and sandhill cranes, and water hunting for geese and ducks. Take the geese off hirschfelden since to me they've always felt a little out of place there. I would vote against Africa in favor of another big game location like New Zealand or Argentina.
I wouldn't be very happy if I saw a waterfowl based map. We already have one that heavily focuses on waterfowl and although the hogs can get annoying when duck hunting I wouldn't want one totally devout to waterfowl. Besides that, waterfowl hunting is very expensive in this game. To effectively duck hunt you need decoys, a ground blind, and several callers. I mainly hunt large game because of this and will sometimes meet up with some friends to do waterfowl so i'm satisfied with the amount in the game now.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

L3M182 wrote:africa is always the clear winner in every what reserve next thread. so much so that theyeven removed it from the yearly survey :D. ive came to terms that for whatever reason we will never get it or wed have had it by now. next reserve id like to see either a drive hunt bassed map from germany or an american mid-west farmland reserve kinda like what hirsch has got for europe
I don't remember what locations they had in the last survey, but really? The removed it? I voted for a tropical jungle in the last survey so I was satisfied with piccabeen (although it could use some additions), but I could have sworn Africa was there. Is there somewhere I can go to view it?
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

So far Argentina sound pretty appealing. If Africa isn't in the next poll, Argentina will probably be my next choice. Although I have head some interesting thing about New Zealand. If anyone want to dive into a discussion about New Zealand that would be cool.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Africa then Japan.japan mainly for the plants , scenary . so stunning and different.whatever they do next please give me a surprise 8-)
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

ronMctube wrote:Africa then Japan.japan mainly for the plants , scenary . so stunning and different.whatever they do next please give me a surprise 8-)
Japan would be cool though I don't know what animals are there. I'm sure there are some cool animals over there.

Great channel btw!
neonpossum
Tracker

Post by neonpossum »

I would love Japan! Imagine if they had the little wayside shrines and such as points of interest :)

Also animals, there are Sika deer, black bears, red fox, tanuki/raccoon dog, Japanese serow and wild boar that I know of! There are also brown bears in Hokkaido, Asian black bears at Mount Kurai.

There are many animal protection and gun control laws in Japan of course, but this is a game :P I'd love any kind of map in Asia to be honest, lots of interesting animals there!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yup.very beautiful and very interesting.would be different for sure.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”