An ode to the small game enthusiast

SPRK85
Outfitter

An ode to the small game enthusiast

Post by SPRK85 »

Well everyone... I´m going to dig up an old corpse I guess

When I started playing this game the idea of small game was not much more then “aren’t there Pheasants” and I was overjoyed when they released Hirschfelden… I believe I bought my first membership that day
It had, and always has had, that familiar feeling of Urpian countryside where I had my first brush-ins with hunting (IRL). But like any theHunter player there has always been a cravin’ for more.

So my idea as, one rather avid small game hunter in this game, is to have (read demand) a small game reserve. Just that… only that and not much more. Except some clay ranges of course.

There are plenty of animals that could be thrown together in one ‘easy Sunday afternoon stroll’ type of scenario. Mix in some Geese, Ducks, Pheasants, European rabbit, reskin some Ptarmigan to Grouse and tweak the Cottontail to Hare (well, more than just tweak and reskin… but anywho). Now I’d say, even though it’s very sound, not to throw in Roe or Fox as these already are overrepresented in the game. So give the Wild Boar a new breeding ground or better yet: give us that other Urpian deer… the Fallow Deer… you know, for y’all people who aint that into them tiny thingamajigs and demand something new (read: big)

The reserve should be divided into a few different environments. Great open farmlands with houses and barns, meadows with islands of forest here and there and some ponds/lakes/streams or wetlands for the ducks. Hilly upland surroundings for thrilling birdhunts to one of the borders and thick new growth forest to stalk Deer and bunny in another corner of the map

Something that would look like the lovechild of LP, SC & HF after a wild, remorseful night. And then have it literally crammed full with a living clay course 8-)
walt133
Hunter

Re: An ode to the small game enthusiast

Post by walt133 »

I really like your idea except for one thing. I would keep it all small game, because we can hunt Roe and stuff elswhere. I think a all small game reserve would be awesome! ;)
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

walt133 wrote:I really like your idea except for one thing. I would keep it all small game, because we can hunt Roe and stuff elswhere. I think a all small game reserve would be awesome! ;)
Well, yeah... no big game would also be my hope & dream

But from an 'empathic' standpoint it would be possible to make one corner of the reserve for the big game enthusiast

And... I'd also like to have Fallow Deer in the game :oops:
Skorpiovenator

Post by Skorpiovenator »

Nice idea, it would be real nice to see small game taking more of a focus here. I agree with your statement on the big game animals, the reserve just wouldnt be popular without something for the big game enthusiasts.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

SPRK85 wrote:Well everyone... I´m going to dig up an old corpse I guess
Spoiler:
When I started playing this game the idea of small game was not much more then “aren’t there Pheasants” and I was overjoyed when they released Hirschfelden… I believe I bought my first membership that day
It had, and always has had, that familiar feeling of Urpian countryside where I had my first brush-ins with hunting (IRL). But like any theHunter player there has always been a cravin’ for more.

So my idea as, one rather avid small game hunter in this game, is to have (read demand) a small game reserve. Just that… only that and not much more. Except some clay ranges of course.

There are plenty of animals that could be thrown together in one ‘easy Sunday afternoon stroll’ type of scenario. Mix in some Geese, Ducks, Pheasants, European rabbit, reskin some Ptarmigan to Grouse and tweak the Cottontail to Hare (well, more than just tweak and reskin… but anywho). Now I’d say, even though it’s very sound, not to throw in Roe or Fox as these already are overrepresented in the game. So give the Wild Boar a new breeding ground or better yet: give us that other Urpian deer… the Fallow Deer… you know, for y’all people who aint that into them tiny thingamajigs and demand something new (read: big)

The reserve should be divided into a few different environments. Great open farmlands with houses and barns, meadows with islands of forest here and there and some ponds/lakes/streams or wetlands for the ducks. Hilly upland surroundings for thrilling birdhunts to one of the borders and thick new growth forest to stalk Deer and bunny in another corner of the map

Something that would look like the lovechild of LP, SC & HF after a wild, remorseful night. And then have it literally crammed full with a living clay course 8-)

I think this idea is great. Im not a huge small game hunter but i could use a hilly map with tall corn feilds for some sweet pheasant and grouse shooting
Nathan22Outdoors
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Yeah, I think it would be cool to have a map for a British farm maybe where you could hunt bunnies, pigeons (single and flocks), crows (flocks), maybe do pest control on rats (air rifle) between and inside buildings and weasels and Grey Squirrels (invasive, huntable species in the UK AFAIK). And maybe foxes on some fields.
Code: Select all

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”