Animal targets for every species please!

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: Animal targets for every species please!

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I've brought this up before, but being in a MP game with a few friends and shooting the course would be awesome. Maybe even hold comps where for a certain amount of time you can shoot the course as many times as you want, and your highest score counts.
Sounds like a blast to me. I might spend more time doing that than hunting if it was done right.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I love the idea. One, single range would be awsome. But this could be several ranges on different maps, containing only animals occuring on given map, as it is with Red Fethers. And would be nice, if those would be "rifle" ranges, so with targets set up to render distance.

I think this would be great not only for practice - but also for finding out performance of our weapons (penetration mainly), since we don't dispose any official data from EW on this - no ballistic charts, or whatsoever. In later ammo/guns we don't even have info on weight and muzzle velocity of projectile.

And while DYEUZ may has a point, as a customer, I don't realy care that much do it is profitable or not for EW. :P This is their problem. From my, purely customer's point of wiev, I like the idea very, very much. ;)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Sherab86 ... I see what your saying . Keep in mind that , if a company doesn't make money somewhere , there is no company in the long run .
Unlike your thoughts , i am happy that they do make some and hope they continue to make some money . That way , it insures that the company , the game ,can have a future and long life .

Let me ask you this .
- Would you pay a certain fee , to go and practice on a 3D shooting range , in the game ?
- How often do you go in RFF to practice ?

Back here , where i live in Québec , Canada , most practice / shooting range charge fees . You just don't enter them and grab your rifle and shoot .

Be well

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

xOEDragonx wrote:This does sound incredibly fun. If they kept it very simple (like one for each type of animal), I don't see why it would be an unreasonable request. They already have the animal models, just make them static. Of course, I have no clue just how difficult something like this is to make, but I can get on the bandwagon and agree that it would be a fun thing to have.

That said DYEUZ has a point. If it isn't profitable, there's no guarantee we'll ever see it. Almost makes me wonder if they could design a shooting gallery you could pay for. That would be awesome, but I doubt it would be a real seller. People would rather just shoot the real animals they've already paid for than pay more to shoot fake animals. But then, what if the shooting galleries had a scoring system? Competitions? Moving targets? One can dream, right?
Well they could make it a "members only" feature. Giving new players a little more incentive to purchase membership, especially considering most new members also purchase a weapon or two t the same time which gives them the opportunity to practice them and animals they aren't used to hunting.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Sherab86 wrote:I love the idea. One, single range would be awsome. But this could be several ranges on different maps, containing only animals occuring on given map, as it is with Red Fethers. And would be nice, if those would be "rifle" ranges, so with targets set up to render distance.

I think this would be great not only for practice - but also for finding out performance of our weapons (penetration mainly), since we don't dispose any official data from EW on this - no ballistic charts, or whatsoever. In later ammo/guns we don't even have info on weight and muzzle velocity of projectile.

And while DYEUZ may has a point, as a customer, I don't realy care that much do it is profitable or not for EW. :P This is their problem. From my, purely customer's point of wiev, I like the idea very, very much. ;)
I couldn't have said it better, that's exactly what I mean. I also really like the idea of and extreme range course, like targets at 220 meters. There is no range in the game where you can get a feel for the bullet drop of the bigger rifles.
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

Like I said to xOEDragonx, I think making it "members only" would be a fair way to solve the economical side of it. it wouldn't make existing customers pay any more and would give more reasons for guests to purchase membership.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

CapnQuint wrote:Well they could make it a "members only" feature.
This is a great idea. I just don't know if it would be enough to drive conversion. For some it might. Enough to cover the costs though? I'm not so sure. Membership revenue already goes toward covering infrastructure costs. I'm not convinced it covers much else.

Regardless, a while back I also suggested a range on each reserve that contains 3D models of the animals on that reserve. So I think it's a good idea.
Sherab86 wrote:And while DYEUZ may has a point, as a customer, I don't realy care that much do it is profitable or not for EW. This is their problem.
You're right, it is their problem. But it would be your problem if Expansive Worlds ended up like Emote and folded. As a customer I would also like a lot of things for the game, but not at the cost of the game. So unless someone comes up with a way to monetise it, or evidence that it would convert enough guests to members, I suspect this fine idea will remain in the Thoughts & Suggestions forum.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: Sherab86 ... I see what your saying . Keep in mind that , if a company doesn't make money somewhere , there is no company in the long run .
Unlike your thoughts , i am happy that they do make some and hope they continue to make some money . That way , it insures that the company , the game ,can have a future and long life .

Let me ask you this .
- Would you pay a certain fee , to go and practice on a 3D shooting range , in the game ?
- How often do you go in RFF to practice ?

Back here , where i live in Québec , Canada , most practice / shooting range charge fees . You just don't enter them and grab your rifle and shoot .

Be well
It is not like that I have something against the fact EW is earning it's money and that devs has to consider earnings/expenses before introducing anything into the game. As you probably know, I'm not great fan of current financial policy for The game, but that's different story. Here, what I meant, is only the fact that EW profits are their's concern, not my, when I or other player propose a kind of new feature or whatsoever.

Of course, if later on someone from the devs team would appear and would say something like that: "Sorry, guys, we checked the things, and this would cost as more, than we would earn later on, so not this time.", I would perfectly understood such explanation and I would accept it. I'm only saying, this is not my concern as a customer. I'm sure, that devs have some brilliant guys in the team, with deal with all "economic" aspects. We don't have to bother with this. ;) Of course not every (most, actually) idea proposed by us, customers, will be introduced into the game. But this dosn't mean we can't propose them, right? ;)

This all what I meant. :)

And to answer your questions:

No - I would not pay a fee to enter 3d shooting range - at least not every time. If this would be single purchase, for some "reasonable" (depends of individual) money, I would pay it. But not as a fee for every use. Comparison to RL range is not entirely good one, because such a range have totaly different expenses. They usualy provide also ammo, shooting targets, maintain weapons you can rent and so on. In game, ones developed, such a range won't provide any additional costs (above current upkeep of the game). So costs are more restricted to developing such a range mostly, so I don't see a point for charging any one for use it more than ones.

I don't use the range at RF that often. Mainly because of limited animals (with I already know well enough, to be rather consistent with shooting them), and limited range. I personaly use it mostly for testing penetration - and since I limit my expences to minimum as much as I can, I don't buy plenty of weapons. Still, this range is best what we have to test and compare performance of different weapons. But we are limited there to the moose as a touhest animal, and to around 80 meters of range. This makes testing of more powerful rifles rather pointless (and I think that IRL, 80 meters would be also to short, to test any rifle realy, but I might be wrong about this).

Best wishes, and good hunting! :)
CapnQuint
Tracker

Post by CapnQuint »

caledonianblues wrote:
CapnQuint wrote:Well they could make it a "members only" feature.
This is a great idea. I just don't know if it would be enough to drive conversion. For some it might. Enough to cover the costs though? I'm not so sure. Membership revenue already goes toward covering infrastructure costs. I'm not convinced it covers much else.

Regardless, a while back I also suggested a range on each reserve that contains 3D models of the animals on that reserve. So I think it's a good idea.
Sherab86 wrote:And while DYEUZ may has a point, as a customer, I don't realy care that much do it is profitable or not for EW. This is their problem.
You're right, it is their problem. But it would be your problem if Expansive Worlds ended up like Emote and folded. As a customer I would also like a lot of things for the game, but not at the cost of the game. So unless someone comes up with a way to monetise it, or evidence that it would convert enough guests to members, I suspect this fine idea will remain in the Thoughts & Suggestions forum.
I know it's improbable that this gets on EW's to do list, but these devs have done some pretty spectacular things for it's player base regardless of revenue. The Halloween event for example, they added and totally new and unique species and did amazing atmospheric changes to TGT reserve. The werewolves weren't a throw away model either, the did a great job with how its looks and moves. How it ran on all fours and walked like a human when it was roaming, not to mention it's unique sounds like the growling and it's howl. That was all just for a holiday event, and it didn't really add any incentive to buy anything other than maybe membership so you can complete the missions.

I don't think the idea is too far off to suggest this has at least the slightest of chances to catch the eye of a dev. Although unlikely, it's nice to hope something like this could come down the line in the future.
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

why not have the 3 d targets the same as duck, geese decoys. you can buy a pack depicting a set of animals and place them no further than 200 meters of your cabin. each decoy can be turned in any direction and any amount of packs. the pack could represent the different animals from each map or one set of animals in each pack could be 3 bucks 3 does.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”