Now that i've hunted it more and experienced many situations ,here are my thoughts .
They are strictly based on my gameplay experiences over last couple weeks that includes now , many hunts .
- New species : These new species look really good .
- Nice reserve. All in all , this is a great looking reserve . Good size . Lots of areas for equipment .
- Very immersive for me . Makes me need to be more careful , more aware of my surroundings . Surrounding sounds are good also.
- Dehydration thing : I did not mind at first that thing with the heat and all, but since they've tweaked it , honestly , i don't need the bottle no more because , even if i run a lot and have only the Crocodile Dundee outfit , i never see the effect no more . 2-3-4 hours real time and do not see any effect what so ever . Think they might have tweaked it too much .
- Feral Hogs : They seem out of place . Like they don't belong there . I for one , do not hunt them at all in PB . The fact that they are bugged also for now , doesn't help .
For those that didn't know yet , the bug is on the attacking hogs , which we can't hear . The Cassowary would be a great choice imo vs. the Feral Hogs .
- Weather : The rain at first did not bother me that much . But all that annoyance of the constant ''on and off '' raining came back real quick . for me , aprrox 94% of my hunts are with that ridiculous rain. The thunder and lightning doesn't bother my as much . If it makes some players happy , good for them . They tell us not to continue playing golf when there is a thunderstorm , but hunting with a rifle and ammo on us , seems to be safe . I know of lots of people that don't like the rain and even quit immediately when they see it and still , they put the same weather system in a new reserve .
- Roots of some trees : Those big roots look like they are made of concrete . They don't look good at all . We can even get stuck on them , in between them . Saw lots of animals getting stuck all over as well . Not good .
- Sambar Deer : They seem way to tough . Like they are made of the same concrete as the roots , lol. We can get a WB to go down with one shot from a decent , respectable far distance , but the Sambar needs to be quite close , otherwise , he will jump back up and flee . Then , if not h/l shot , either you will track it a long time and maybe will need a second shot on it .
- Water Buffalo : Are way to easy to hunt . The '' attack behavior '' similar to the Bison's attack , should be modify . The way it is right now : Buffalo turns his head and looks at you for a while . He turns his body now and prepares his attack . Mid way he stops . Then the final meters and hits you . This behavior gives way to much time to the hunter to react and kill it . I would eliminate the stoppage . He would turn his head and look at you , but for a second or two at the most and then , in one sequence , he would run to you . Either you be more careful and aware of their presence near you or you stay away .
- Sambar Deer caller : No SD caller makes it tougher , not impossible , but tougher to hunt them . The fact that they are like tanks and skittish , makes for tougher approaches for sure .
I don't think that having a caller for them would ruined it . Maybe make them tougher to get them to come to the call. No caller for the bovines is understandable though .
- Lagging : I have tried many different settings and i get some big lag in PB. If it rains , which it does all the time for me , and i have lots of tracks around also, my avatar walking upright has the speed of crouch and even slower at times . If i go crouch , takes forever to go anywhere , almost stopped . Then , in other areas of the map , all is good and normal . Really not fun .
I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 card . Not the best you'll say , but never had any problems in any other reserves and / or in any other games .
This lagging could be only on my side and am aware of that .
So, from my original quick thoughts , this reserve as dropped sadly ,couple positive points .
Your thoughts are welcome .