Heat Exhaustion

deerman30
Tracker

Heat Exhaustion

Post by deerman30 »

This is something that's been on my mind for quite some time. While we have hypothermia in Whiterime Ridge (WRR), why don't we have Heat exhaustion in Bushrangers Run (BRR)? It should at least make sense to have the opposite of hypothermia....Also, I've seen a few new hunters wearing basic arctic clothing in places where it would be hot. We could have the heat exhaustion messages using that system but with the text referring to overheating.

I Love Big Racks
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Heat Exhaustion

Post by caledonianblues »

Good idea!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Logically it makes sense but how would it be implemented and what factors would determine heat exhaustion? Just fyi, the arctic clothing you see a lot of players wearing is the traditional artic clothing because it is the only complete set that gives protection for visual, scent, and sound against all species. Another outfit you will see a lot of players wearing for the same exact reason is the outback outfit with the traditional arctic gloves (because the outback outfit does not have gloves as part of its set). I personally would like to see an all purpose camo outfit (my choice is something looking like the blaze orange camo from COTW) with the same qualities against all species.
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Logically it makes sense but how would it be implemented and what factors would determine heat exhaustion?
For heat exhaustion, it depends on what the hunter is wearing (e.g. the thickness of the clothing, how breathable it is), what part of the day the hunter is outside (early in the morning, midday, or evening), whether he/she/attack helicopter is standing in the sun or the shade, and the temperatures of that day. For its implementation, location of where it affects the hunter should be one part of it. BRR, for example, is the perfect place to test out this hazard. The majority of the map is wide open and has few places of shade. In turn of the excruciating heat, the shaded parts of the map (e.g. behind the huge rocks). Time is another part of the implementation. Whenever we play in any of the reserves, we should already know where the sunlight hits. So from dawn to midday to dusk, there should at least be some areas of heat exposure in each reserve. Give Logger's Point for example. Any of its open fields has a lot of exposure, while the forests have little to no exposure. For the animals' behaviors, it should be half simple, yet half complicated. At the peak of the day, animals that have been exposed for the last few hours should have the instinct to either get into some shade or a drink of water. Though I know the stuff i mentioned could possibly put some stress onto the devs, it could work.....it just needs to be built up piece by piece.

I Love Big Racks
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

NO thank you!
I have the Aussie Set and the arid set, I spent real money for that. Not everything has to be simulated. Otherwise I would like trophy destruction through head shots. There is even a competition where the creator has not thought it through...
Code: Select all
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I have to agree with nachthexe, absolutely no thank you. This game is about hunting trophy animals, not survival techniques. The main focus of this game is hunting, and that's all. As it is, the mechanic involving freezing in WRR is already annoying. God forbid if you don't start at a Lodge or have a heated tent, you have to deal with that super annoying sniffling and crap. Adding heat exhaustion would be just too much. As said above, not everything has to be simulated, even tho this game is NOT a simulator as it is. Please, let's leave the survival stuff for survival-type games, and let this game do what it does best, and that's provide the thrill of the hunt.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

not only is it annoying, it's ridiculous. doing it when hunting would spook every animal around.... :roll:.. stealth is a big part of hunting...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

GreatBighorn
Scout

Post by GreatBighorn »

Yeah +1 to this! Its mechanics can work like Hypothermia's. Like the cold resistance on clothes must add the heat resistant etc. Some heat effects can be some blur filter or the screen goes dark since while you loosing your sences, then respawn back to lodge... Really easy to implement. Really hate the fact that people buy outfits here JUST because they like them visually and so less because fit for their hunting purpose. If i'm correct this is a sim after all so such suggestions - implements are mostly good for the game.
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

There is where you are mistaken, my friend. This is NOT a sim. It is a game, and a game only. It's main purpose is for entertainment, not teaching. You will not learn how to hunt for real by playing this game. Try the techniques you use in-game in real hunting situations. I can promise you, you will go away empty.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I agree to a point we don't need more difficulty- but if you spawn in BRR wearing arctic wear you should burst into flames and die~
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”