New Zealand Based Map!

User avatar
Schrider
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: March 28th, 2018, 10:33 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby Schrider » March 30th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Thats an impressive ammount of stuff that'd be in a new zealand reserve, and im already itching to bag some chamois& tahr, would love to see fallow deer in it as well, thought it was odd they were missing from hirschfelden when i made the jump from COTW to classic
User avatar
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter
Posts: 3181
Joined: October 30th, 2009, 5:32 pm
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby DanthemanBoone » April 2nd, 2018, 11:28 pm

Magpies are not hunted in New Zealand and they do not live in the native forests. They are found in the large Pine tree shelter belts scattered through developed pasture lands. They were introduced from Australia as a biological control for grass grub and other insect pests that inhabit the pastures.
Nobody hunts Magpies in New Zealand.
Bird shooting is restricted to water birds and upland game birds in season, and all native species are fully protected.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4204
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby gas56 » April 4th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Putting 2 different environments on the same map, from a tropical forest to snow peaks wouldn't be advisable, even though it may sound good,
there is not enough space on 1 map to do this. look at PB & BR they had to make 2 different maps with such drastic changes in the environment.
Sure it sounds like yeah that would be a great idea,... but where in the world would that be?
Please try to suggest one type of map environment at a time to be more realistically accepted,.. because the only 2 environments that might actually fit side by side is
the North Pole and the far southern reaches of Antarctica.
Last edited by gas56 on April 4th, 2018, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
kevin2106
Hunter
Posts: 924
Joined: March 14th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby kevin2106 » April 4th, 2018, 5:43 pm

I'd love that, great and catching summary you got there!

BUT, if the antlers of the deer will be as unrealistic as the Rusa and Sambar antlers are now, it will only be a reserve of frustration for me


Image
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2312
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby TreeKiwi » April 5th, 2018, 2:46 am

DanthemanBoone wrote:Magpies are not hunted in New Zealand and they do not live in the native forests. They are found in the large Pine tree shelter belts scattered through developed pasture lands. They were introduced from Australia as a biological control for grass grub and other insect pests that inhabit the pastures.
Nobody hunts Magpies in New Zealand.
Bird shooting is restricted to water birds and upland game birds in season, and all native species are fully protected.


I use to shoot them lots Dan. You can even buy Magpie distress tapes which brings them in thick and fast. They are hell on Tui's and other native bird species. They sound nice though!
User avatar
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter
Posts: 3181
Joined: October 30th, 2009, 5:32 pm
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby DanthemanBoone » April 5th, 2018, 2:50 am

TreeKiwi wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Magpies are not hunted in New Zealand and they do not live in the native forests. They are found in the large Pine tree shelter belts scattered through developed pasture lands. They were introduced from Australia as a biological control for grass grub and other insect pests that inhabit the pastures.
Nobody hunts Magpies in New Zealand.
Bird shooting is restricted to water birds and upland game birds in season, and all native species are fully protected.


I use to shoot them lots Dan. You can even buy Magpie distress tapes which brings them in thick and fast. They are hell on Tui's and other native bird species. They sound nice though!


Your weird TK.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2312
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby TreeKiwi » April 5th, 2018, 2:56 am

DanthemanBoone wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Magpies are not hunted in New Zealand and they do not live in the native forests. They are found in the large Pine tree shelter belts scattered through developed pasture lands. They were introduced from Australia as a biological control for grass grub and other insect pests that inhabit the pastures.
Nobody hunts Magpies in New Zealand.
Bird shooting is restricted to water birds and upland game birds in season, and all native species are fully protected.


I use to shoot them lots Dan. You can even buy Magpie distress tapes which brings them in thick and fast. They are hell on Tui's and other native bird species. They sound nice though!


Your weird TK.


Meh, as a young fella with only an Air Rifle they made for a good challenge :)
User avatar
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter
Posts: 3181
Joined: October 30th, 2009, 5:32 pm
Location: Rotorua New Zealand

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby DanthemanBoone » April 5th, 2018, 3:03 am

gas56 wrote:Putting 2 different environments on the same map, from a tropical forest to snow peaks wouldn't be advisable, even though it may sound good,
there is not enough space on 1 map to do this. look at PB & BR they had to make 2 different maps with such drastic changes in the environment.
Sure it sounds like yeah that would be a great idea,... but where in the world would that be?
Please try to suggest one type of map environment at a time to be more realistically accepted,.. because the only 2 environments that might actually fit side by side is
the North Pole and the far southern reaches of Antarctica.


You need to come to N.Z. and visit Fiordland national park, sea, forest, to snow in a morning. Or anywhere along the Southern Alps where you can go from pasture land through sub tropical forest to high snow tussock in an afternoons hunt.

https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/wp-content/u ... 00x311.jpg
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 2312
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Postby TreeKiwi » April 5th, 2018, 5:44 am

I have always thought NZ could be best represented on two separate maps, one for the North Island and one for the South. I always thought all countries changed landscape so fast and had such vast differences. Then I went traveling and saw that many countries although look lovely, just don't have the same variations to them. I think Gas's point was more that, trying to fit so much variation into one map might not reflect it properly.
User avatar
I_Does_English
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: April 11th, 2017, 4:30 am
Location: Tauranga, New Zealand

New species idea for new reserve idea

Postby I_Does_English » October 9th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Ok so I am back once more to bring you yet ANOTHER suggestion for this idea of a New Zealand reserve. It's actually recently become one of my bucket list animals to shoot in real life, so I would love to at least half complete that if it was introduced to the game :lol:

It is (drumroll please) the Arapawa Ram

If you live in or have ever visited New Zealand, you will know that we have a lot of sheep (like, a LOT of sheep). So, if we were gonna have a New Zealand reserve, what's more kiwi than shooting wild sheep!? They were introduced to the Arapawa Island in the Marlborough Sounds in 1867, but are found all over New Zealand in multiple small populations.
Anyway, here's a little visual thing that I put together for all of the new species I suggested a while back.

Image

Feel free to leave further thoughts, comments or suggestions down below :D
My theHunter username is sammyt89 :-)

Check out my YouTube channel for IRL hunting and fishing in the wilds of NZ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLxdop6s8l0rFDYlS8N5UA

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest