New Zealand Based Map!

I_Does_English

New Zealand Based Map!

Post by I_Does_English »

This map would kind of be a mixture between Timbergold Trails and Val-Des-Bois, with different mountainous and forest areas, but the forest areas would be a lot more crowded and dense, and in the mountains it would more be like rolling fields of tussock, with a few cliffs thrown in as well. Since the forest would be so dense, maybe we'd be able to see some form of game trail in theHunter, not a trail that animals only walk on, but maybe a place where, say, herds of deer can walk through the bush without the problem of getting stuck on trees. Some real life examples of what I mean are here:

Image Image

The animals in the reserve could be:

- Red Deer (forest & mountains)
- Fallow Deer (forest, new animal)
- Chamios (mountains, new animal)
- Tahr (mountains, new animal)
- Feral Goat (forest & mountains)
- Wild Boar (forest)
- European Rabbit (forest)
- Mallard? (forest, in lakes)

New plants could include (some of these may already be in game but idk):

- Silver Fern
- Punga Tree
- Redwood Tree
- Tussock Plant
My theHunter username is sammyt89 :-)
Check out my YouTube channel for IRL hunting and fishing in the wilds of NZ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLxdo ... FDYlS8N5UA
dools24
Tracker

Re: New Zealand Based Map!

Post by dools24 »

Would love to see NZ map great landscape
ArcheriusRott
Tracker

Post by ArcheriusRott »

Love this idea, NZ would be great to model a reserve on!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Yes, this is a very beautiful idea for a new map, but I think there aren't going to be any more new maps in theHunter Classic. I think the plan in future is to improve the game by going "deeper" rather than "wider," which I interpreted to mean there will be less new "free" content i.e. no more new reserves. At least that's how I understood Alena's use of those particular words. I have no way of knowing for sure of course, but I thought the meaning was slightly obvious.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Youve missed a few possible animals, Roosevelt elk, pheasant, Canada goose, and a few more new animals that we could have are Rusa Deer and Sambhur.
The rabbits need to stay out of the forests though, thats not the environment they live in.
No redwood trees either, our native forests are mainly Podocarps, IE Rimu, Totara, Matai, Kaihikatea with lots of tree ferns and Tawa in the understories.

The Primal Eden Map is a good example of how our native forests are, in fact they could use Primal Eden as it is and just add some Tee Tree (Manuka) and Kanuka in the open areas and some Cabbage trees and Flaxes to the swamp, it would be just like some of the areas I hunted in real life here in N.Z..
Which is probably why I spend more time in theHunter Primal than here on theHunter.
just compare this in game shot with the real on in the OP's post and see what Im talking about.

There is no doubt they easily could do it if they so decided, but it has been asked for before and the possibility has never been commented on by the Devs.

Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
ThrottleFox

Post by ThrottleFox »

Fallow Deer look fun to shoot, I like small deer hunting, gets my vote
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

instead of mallard how about something like a paradise duck

paradise duck spread:
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
I_Does_English

New Zealand based reserve: Revisited

Post by I_Does_English »

Ok so a while ago I made a post suggesting a new reserve based off of New Zealand. Well now I'm back and I have done a bit more research and photoshopping to bring you this. Please read and enjoy!

BASIC IDEA:

A map that has two "parts" to it, a lowland forest area with ferns, grasses, lakes and towering trees, and a mountainous area with rocks, snow and tussock. The forest area represents the North Island of NZ, while the mountainous area more represents the South Island environment. This two part reserve has been done before, with the reserves TT and VDB. There would be a few new animals, including species of deer, goat, small game and bird that theHunter has never seen before. Of course little features such as flowing rivers and waterfalls could be included too to add to the natural beauty of NZ that this reserve would highlight.

THE TWO ENVIRONMENTS:

The first one would be a fairly dense forest area with many ferns, grasses and flowers covering the forest floor, with towering trees such as Kahikatea and Hard Beech dotted around too. There would be a couple lakes and rivers, and the possibility for something like the remains of an ancient Maori hut/village which could be a point of interest to spice things up. I will include a couple pictures that show the idea of what I'm going for.
Image Image
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The second environment would be quite similar to LP, with pretty much no tall vegetation, only rolling hills covered in long grass. In this instance, the long grass would be tussock, which grows absolutely everywhere in the South Island, especially at higher altitudes. There would also be rocks and boulders everywhere, and at the higher parts of this area snow could also be present. Here is pretty much what I mean:
Image Image

VEGETATION:

I made a little table thingy showing a few potential plants that would be in these areas. Please note that it's really only tussock that is in the mountainous area.
Please excuse the red dotted line underneath a couple of the names... I've only just noticed them and frankly I can't be bothered going back and getting rid of them

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LOCATION OF RESERVE:

So this isn't the most important thing in this post, but here are a couple ideas of where to put this new reserve:

If the developers are wanting another massive map:

Or maybe they want it to be pretty much an island (like NZ):

Or maybe they're wanting a long, skinny reserve, kinda like this:

ANIMALS:

Ok so I will categorise the animals in the section of the reserve they would be in:

FOREST:
- Wild Boar
- Sika Deer (new)
- Fallow Deer (new)
- Magpie (new)
- Wallaby (new)
- Feral Goat (unless there are too many animals in the reserve by then)

MOUNTAINS:
- Red Deer
- Chamois (new)
- Thar (new)

*NOTE* If the developers are wanting some small game up high, we could move the magpies to the mountains area and add in Paradise Ducks to the forest area

NEW ANIMALS:

This is the stuff I'm most proud of :lol: . Just a basic summary of each new animal, with pictures and the basic info about the species if they were in the game.
*NOTE* The scores of almost all the new animals are in Douglas Score, which is the scoring system we use here in NZ. The only reason I used this was because it was much easier to find out the largest scores in D.S. I'm sure in game they would use the normal scoring system but it's D.S. for now :lol:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

If you guys have made it this far and have actually read all of this, then well done!!! I thank you for taking time to read through all my research I have done :D . Feel free to add your own comments, suggestions, compliments ( ;) ) or thoughts down below, as they would be greatly appreciated.

Happy hunting y'all!!
My theHunter username is sammyt89 :-)
Check out my YouTube channel for IRL hunting and fishing in the wilds of NZ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLxdo ... FDYlS8N5UA
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Re: New Zealand based reserve: Revisited

Post by Generalkommendant »

Very nice looking!
\m/
Outfitter

Re: New Zealand based reserve: Revisited

Post by \m/ »

Second environment would be good, i like the idea of this reserve. Well done!
Now offline. Forever.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”