How about a "Chernobyl" map?

MetalMind
Outfitter

Re: How about a "Chernobyl" map?

Post by MetalMind »

Haha, a reserve idea turned out into thread with many great ideas, good one guys :D
Kosanderi
Tracker

Post by Kosanderi »

Spoiler:
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Yes please.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

if we could buy a nuclear bomb we could place roe deer scent on our nuclear bombs and finish those annoying animals for once and for all.

...PEEEEEEEP!.....click,.........BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

baloo.the.dog wrote:if we could buy a nuclear bomb we could place roe deer scent on our nuclear bombs and finish those annoying animals for once and for all.

...PEEEEEEEP!.....click,.........BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just couldn't get this out of my head..... :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on March 14th, 2017, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, some nukes for roe deer and pheasants would come in handy sometimes.
Image Image Image
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

...now i do like pheasants, those are my favorite, dont get rid of them!
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Raising up the topic. ;)

Look what it could look like:
https://nuk18.livejournal.com/2826663.html - photos
http://chornobyl.in.ua/foto-dikoy-priro ... -2014.html - photos and videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r0NkldMc_k - 3h long video from National Geographic showing wildlife, some typical landscapes etc.

So, it could be relatively big area, without high mountains, but with high density of trees and bushes like in PB, with significant amount of water (lakes, swamps), a lot of mushrooms and bulrush, multiple abandoned villages, semi-ruined roads and bridges. New animals could be: Sika deer, European lynx (just enlarge and reskin the bobcat), European badger, Przewalski's horse, European bison, grey hare, raccoon dog, may be black grouse and some cranes. Among 'old' animals, we could choose some from really long list: hogs and boars, roe and red deers, moose, grey wolf, red fox, brown bear, mallard, gadwall and pintail.

No radioactive mutants of course, but as suggested earlier, non-typicals could exist. As there are no WT/BT/mules in wild in Ukraine, non-typicals could be introduced for roe and red deers - and never appear on other maps except this. :)

Your ideas?

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

seen loads of documentries on it and seen the fishing monsters and also there is a guy who stayed there been there since it happened never left and is fine. he has all his cattle and says by the time the radiation gets to me most likely i will be very old anyway. its a really interesting idea actually better than most similar reserves that get asked for.i dont get why people want similar habitats we already got with the same species.bring something different to the plate.
Lindhe

Post by Lindhe »

I'm intentionally bumping this because it's very similar to what I would like to suggest. And that is an abandoned urban area.

It doesn't have to be Pripyat. And cirtainly not be radioactive. But a deserted town, with heavy overgrowth of bushes along the streets. It doesnt even need to be an entire city. Just a small corner of the map, say 250-500m squared, with the city proper stretching out of the reserve for "flavor representation "

I was orignally thinking it could be the first russian reserve. But while typing this I feel like its really unfair to always represent Russia/Ukraine with neglect and abandoned cities. So anywhere in the world is fine for me.
Hunter Profile:
Spoiler:

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”