Whiterime Ridge frogs croak

Sheldon
Spotter

Whiterime Ridge frogs croak

Post by Sheldon »

Hello,
Every time I walk along the banks of the frozen lakes, the frogs croak. I had already reported this error from the beginning.
Why is the frog sound not removed yet? Is that so hard?

Sorry for my bad englisch!
Good weekend!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Whiterime Ridge frogs croak

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Those "frog sounds" are meant to be crows as far as I know.
Image Image Image
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

must be the elusive snow frog
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

thats not crows!!! never!!!

and you hear it only on ice! there´s a frog!!!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Those are RAVENS. And they sound just like that. They do not migrate, they stay up north year round. Crows migrate. There are no crows in the north in winter, or at least very few, and only in warm places like cities.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

JimboCrow wrote:Those are RAVENS. And they sound just like that. They do not migrate, they stay up north year round. Crows migrate. There are no crows in the north in winter, or at least very few, and only in warm places like cities.
Yup, agree with Jimbo. That's exactly what they sound like. We have them everywhere up here. They can make some really weird noises. I've heard them a few times and thought that it was a buck grunting. :lol:

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Crows/Ravens - whatever! It's just the bigger brother in the same family and a biologist likely would say the distinction is arbitrary anyway. ;)

To the OP: I also didn't want to believe that those sounds were from Corvus at first, but then someone pointed me to a video where you could hear it's absolutely the sound that they make.
Image Image Image
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

;)
Tanngnjostr wrote:Crows/Ravens - whatever! It's just the bigger brother in the same family and a biologist likely would say the distinction is arbitrary anyway. ;)

To the OP: I also didn't want to believe that those sounds were from Corvus at first, but then someone pointed me to a video where you could hear it's absolutely the sound that they make.
Sorry, Tanngjostr, if it seemed I was being overbearing there, I had no intention to be. I was just answering the same old question already answered a couple of times before. By the way, you'd definitely make a fine biologist. I can tell by your subtle distinction between crows and ravens. ;) :lol:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Crows/Ravens - whatever! It's just the bigger brother in the same family and a biologist likely would say the distinction is arbitrary anyway. ;)
I've never heard a crow say, "Nevermore".
Personal Bests...
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Fletchette wrote:
I've never heard a crow say, "Nevermore".
:lol: Thanks, got my daily laugh.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”