African reserve dilemma - Propaganda at its best

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Re: African reserve dilemma - Propaganda at its best

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Ongeki wrote:Forget mountain lion in the rockies??

Never! I get your point that its easier to recycle then to create but this game prides itself on offering the best hunting experience in gaming. I believe if people want it bad enough they'll get around to adding it and find a way to make it profitable. The fact is feline game is sorely lacking in theHunter and bobcats/lynx/mountain lions have a place in the hunting environments that currently exist so why wouldn't EW eventually get around to doing something about it. Part of the allure of a good hunting game is animal selection so it benefits any hunting game, in the long run in term of subscriptions, to offer ever increasing and varied amounts of animals.
how would you hunt mtn lions in the game? they r only hunted with hounds irl and their senses are too good to sneak up on. but olves are commonly hunted by calling and stalking.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
AmbushPredator
Scout

Post by AmbushPredator »

frontosa7 wrote:
lastKenaiWolf wrote:
waiora wrote:There is no point posting about Africa, the last servy didn't even include it as an option, they have no intention of ever making an Africa reserve
It would be fair enough, if they would say why. The real reason. Which is IMHO, it is tremendous amount of work, for to little financial reward. Each new species in the game is tuned old one. They do not have animations for feline, elephants, rhino .... Therefore we can forget the mountain lion in Rockies.
Thing is they do not have to add rhinos and elephants just yet...if ever. There are alot of antelope species which they can add. Kudu, impala, eland||Also animals like warthog not even to mention buffalo. Common mistake that a lot of people make is that they think the majority of african animals only can be found in herds of 10's or 100's . This is simply just not true.
I was wandering around the bighorn areas of TGT earlier this afternoon, and thought how very like the areas for klipspringer, bushbuck and mountain nyala I've seen in African hunting videos they were.
Ongeki
Spotter

Post by Ongeki »

You bring up a very good point Baloo...one I was hoping I wouldn't even have to mention.

The way I see it either you encounter them by luck cause yes they would have very high senses, or you would have to hunt them with dogs...Since we have hunting dogs already in the game...Well I shouldn't even have to say too much more but it gets people to buy hunting dogs to help with tracking/treeing lions. Thus making Mountain Lions profitable for the company.

HOWEVER: Even if people are utterly against hunting them with dogs occasionally hearing one scream or actually running across one, just by luck, would add an element of rarity and excitement to the game. Of course they could also be inclined to attack hunters in the right circumstances. They're up in a tree and they see a hunter running by it triggers their instinct and they attack (similar to the reason they attack joggers and bicyclists). Play an audio sound of them hitting the ground and running up behind the hunter and that gives the hunter a small chance to turn and take the shot. Of course the mountain lion would be faster then all attacking animals in the game cause ...they're extremely freaking fast and good leapers.
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Actually no it wouldn't take any more work than BRR or TT did to make. They also don't have to add any new skeletons or animations to the game to make a South African reserve. We could have Wildebeest, warthogs, bush pig, impala, kudu, and cape buffalo; the list of animals is so big you don't even have to get into talks about lions/elephants/giraffe/zebras. So stop making excuses for EW not making it, if you support the idea then just say it to show them, because it sounds like some people just have a problem any time you say Africa.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”