African reserve dilemma - Propaganda at its best

frontosa7

African reserve dilemma - Propaganda at its best

Post by frontosa7 »

Propaganda in the most ironic place PS MODS I KNOW THIS IS NOT 100% on topic for the most of the thread but I believe this is the relevant section for it. Let me know :)

This is a rant.....based on 100's of threads on the topic. The problem? People using google to pull "statistics" and "facts" from unreliable sources and using them as REAL FACTS. If you are one of those people who likes hunting, but does not approve of hunting certain african species because you read on CNN or Nat Geo that a animal is going to be extinct within the next 5-10 years because of poachers and trophy hunting.... Then you are part of the problem.

First off let me introduce myself: I am a 30 year South African. I live in the Kalahari part of South Africa and I am in the lodging business. I have been hunting and fishing all my life and also go on vacations yearly to Namibia, Botswana and other parts of South Africa for photographic safaris. I love Africa and its animals. I have spent and am still spending alot money on both hunting/fishing and photographic vacations.

Ok let me get back to the point....
If you are one of those people who likes hunting, but does not approve of hunting certain african species because you read on CNN or Nat Geo that that animal is going to be extinct within the next 5-10 years because of poachers and trophy hunting.... Then you are part of the problem.
Poaching and political instability/corruption is what is threatening our animals.....FULL STOP. Thats all. Trophy hunting is one of the ONLY things that is still keeping our protected areas still kicking. Let me explain:
Most protected areas "Parks" have concessions around them...alot of them are hunting concessions. Part of the criteria of obtaining a hunting concession is your Anti-Poaching plan. You are responsible to keep poachers out. So ipso facto its the concession holders that are protecting the park's wildlife against the real enemy more so than the actual park's management itself.

So why am I telling you this?
People are being misdirected in believing that "regulated" trophy hunting is contributing to the decline in certain African species. BS!!! In the first place you cannot hunt anything that is considered endangered without having all the necessary things in place from CITES "the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora" . That being said CITES is starting to fail. They are being bullied by various Greenie organisations into passing ridiculous legislations. How do they do that you might ask? By creating over-dramatic BS social media posts,polls and videos and recruiting the gullible that give their $5 to a greenie organisation and call themselves eco warriors all of a sudden..

So you are saying there are no endangered animals in africa that are in REAL trouble.
Ofc there are!! But even mentioning regulated trophy hunting in the same sentence as let's say poaching is INSANE. There are more animals today in South Africa than there was a 50 - 80 years ago that I can assure you. The private sector has exploded in game trade in SA... Why is that? Hunting. If you are a idealist then you might not like what I am about to say....but its the truth. If something has a value in today's world then it will endure and even thrive, take that value away and ....poof. Now take a look at Kenya. Banned hunting in 1977 without any private sector to fall back on.... They have seen GREAT losses over the years, both in game numbers and economically.
Now to call a spade a spade. The reason why certain african animals are under pressure is BECAUSE THEY ARE IN AFRICA. Its really not rocket science... But nobody says it because it will be somehow politically incorrect. It seems the west "EU and NA" only want to raise their voice when they can blame the west "colonisation" . Africa was/is and most likely will be for sometime a failed continent. Civil war is ever present in certain countries and corruption and just plain political instability is a disease that the rest of them just cannot seem to shake.
THIS IS WHAT IS THREATENING OUR ANIMALS...Africa is a breeding ground for poachers and illegal syndicates because of the problems I mentioned.

Okay so where do I stand with hunting certain species in-game and IRL
Let me begin to say I believe if a animal can be legally hunted in IRL it should be in theHunter. That does not mean I for one would like to shoot let's say a lion IRL....but understand that there is a place for it. Also I see so many people posting about animals that they think are illegal to hunt when they actually are if you have all the right documentation. Please do some real research :) Last thing we need is propaganda being spread here :(

I would love a African reserve and have been asking for it since I first played theHunter more than 6 years ago.... Please DEVS!
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Re: African reserve dilemma - Propaganda at its best

Post by Cartoon Head »

Great argument, other than the use of the term 'Greenie'

Although my thoughts are none of that matters, this is a game, if we could shoot Giant Pandas & Ivory Billed Woodpeckers I would, I don't think anything in the game should be restricted because of anybodys politlical stance.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

There is no point posting about Africa, the last servy didn't even include it as an option, they have no intention of ever making an Africa reserve
lastKenaiWolf
Spotter

Post by lastKenaiWolf »

Cartoon Head wrote: ...Although my thoughts are none of that matters, this is a game, if we could shoot Giant Pandas & Ivory Billed Woodpeckers I would, I don't think anything in the game should be restricted because of anybodys politlical stance.
Exactly!
I'm not real life hunter, I'm local wildlife conservationist. I've never killed an animal for hobby or sport. But I like theHunter because of environment, friends from community and opportunity to hunt in virtual reality (zero impact on environment and wildlife).

The more time real life hunters spend with PC, the better for wildlife. :lol:
+1 for Africa reserve.
Survive with ... CONFIDENCE

PS: Sorry for my English, I know it is far from perfection, but I learn something every day.
lastKenaiWolf
Spotter

Post by lastKenaiWolf »

waiora wrote:There is no point posting about Africa, the last servy didn't even include it as an option, they have no intention of ever making an Africa reserve
It would be fair enough, if they would say why. The real reason. Which is IMHO, it is tremendous amount of work, for to little financial reward. Each new species in the game is tuned old one. They do not have animations for feline, elephants, rhino .... Therefore we can forget the mountain lion in Rockies.
Last edited by lastKenaiWolf on October 21st, 2016, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PS: Sorry for my English, I know it is far from perfection, but I learn something every day.
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

This is theHunter, they will stick a trunk and some big ears on a Bison and cal it done :D

Jokes, love you guys realy
lastKenaiWolf
Spotter

Post by lastKenaiWolf »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

or better

:cry:

frontosa7

Post by frontosa7 »

lastKenaiWolf wrote:
waiora wrote:There is no point posting about Africa, the last servy didn't even include it as an option, they have no intention of ever making an Africa reserve
It would be fair enough, if they would say why. The real reason. Which is IMHO, it is tremendous amount of work, for to little financial reward. Each new species in the game is tuned old one. They do not have animations for feline, elephants, rhino .... Therefore we can forget the mountain lion in Rockies.
Thing is they do not have to add rhinos and elephants just yet...if ever. There are alot of antelope species which they can add. Kudu, impala, eland||Also animals like warthog not even to mention buffalo. Common mistake that a lot of people make is that they think the majority of african animals only can be found in herds of 10's or 100's . This is simply just not true.
lastKenaiWolf
Spotter

Post by lastKenaiWolf »

The environment is the same problem, there is totally different vegetation. And I think Africa without big 5 is pure joke.

waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

frontosa7 wrote:
lastKenaiWolf wrote:
Thing is they do not have to add rhinos and elephants just yet...if ever. There are alot of antelope species which they can add. Kudu, impala, eland||Also animals like warthog not even to mention buffalo. Common mistake that a lot of people make is that they think the majority of african animals only can be found in herds of 10's or 100's . This is simply just not true.
I understand that, made the same argument, i'm just saying i don't think they have any intention of ever doing Africa, regardless of what animals the players want. Its probably not an animal issue any way, if they had to do Africa, they have to make all new models, foliage etc, simply too much work, the last few reserves all featured mostly reskined stuff.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”