Introduce Eden map and dino in thehunter

ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Introduce Eden map and dino in thehunter

Post by ehr_kimahn »

I like very much TheHunter, et and also TheHunter:Primal. But Primal have a big problem : no weapon bug fix (scope), no update, no management, server crash... and lot of cheat.

I also chat with players who cheated (unlimited ammo, force level etc.), I do not like cheating and I like the look of "survival" of this game. But I understand their attitude. These players seeking a hunting experience with dinosaurs and do not want to be forced to look for ammo, weapon, equipment...

Put the Primal Eden map (which is superb, very good atmosphere. For me, the best map) and dinosaurs in theHunter, would use all available material here.
Last edited by ehr_kimahn on October 6th, 2016, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Re: Introduce Eden map and dino in thehunter

Post by maros.kuzar »

I see what are you going for here, and I admire what are you trying to do for the game you love. But I strongly disagree to have dinos in the main game.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Why ?

Primal Eden is an island. A Cretaceous inspired reserve. No dino in other map. Everyone does not have to use it. Just do not associate general competition or trophy.

In theHunter there are maps that do not interest me for hunting (eg Australia) or animals.

Similarly, In TheHunter, I only use the bow and crossbow. No gun. it is a hunting more interesting (more difficult, requires animal approach etc.). Everyone can find his interest ;)

And finally, the Primal Eden island is really successful. This is for me the best map of theHunter currently.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Well, I wanted Eden in tH, but without dinos. I think they could make some kind of tropical hunting reserve, maybe even Africa or something.

1.) But introducing dinos in main game would ruin it, it's reputation, and maybe even community/playerbase.

2.) And even if we forget that, they are two different games. While Primal runs older version of our game with some upgrades, modifications, main game is (when we compare it to itself) "up-to-date". Fusing them together would require some serious work, maybe for year, maybe even more. What would be slow death for main game and even for both of them.

3.) But even if that was not true, I bet that like 98% of players of tH would be agains this.ANd we are back to number one ;-)

Those are just my thoughts, I am not "expert" in any way, but I am pretty sure that "experts" would agree with me and add even more points.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

your arguments are serious but I'm not quite agree on several points :

- the modeling work dinosaurs by programmers is very serious and well. It is based on actual research on the morphology of the dinosaurs. Behaviors are also credible. It's a very good work. i don't think that ruin the game but adds a new experience with reactive and more dangerous animals that we will never hunt in reality.

- The gameplay of Primal is a little different because we must find its equipment on map, and PVP is possible. My observation, very few players are interested for PVP. Get his equipment annoy many players (whether they cheat or they stop playing). I do not mean to add these. And I'm not saying to stop Thehunter:primal (i like the gameplay), but to give the possibility to use the map and dino in theHunter also for the reason that I quoted in my first message : to use the gameplay of theHunter, we hunt with our usual equipment available in the store. we can use tent for respawn, etc.

- it would also have the spawn of dino are rarer in thehunter.

- May die in Primal. But in theHunter also (fall, bear attack)

- The graphics engine of the games is the same.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Just being honest with you here, you can be guaranteed no matter which way you argue, Primal Eden will never be a part of TheHunter main game. EW made Primal a separate game for a specific reason(s), with different gameplay and action that has no place in TheHunter. This same prospect was brought up before release, post-release, and now and then again (like such) and always with the same result. Take Primal for what it is, and that is another title produced by EW.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Just being honest with you here, you can be guaranteed no matter which way you argue, Primal Eden will never be a part of TheHunter main game. EW made Primal a separate game for a specific reason(s), with different gameplay and action that has no place in TheHunter. This same prospect was brought up before release, post-release, and now and then again (like such) and always with the same result. Take Primal for what it is, and that is another title produced by EW.
I don't talk about the gameplay of Primal, yes it's specific. I talk about only the reserve (Map and species of dino).
Miojow

Post by Miojow »

The thing is:
theHunter was built to be the most realistic hunting simulator, with real species and real enviroment based cenarios.
You really think that hunting dinossaurs will me realistic?
For me, will break the whole hunting experience. This is the reason why they have two separated games.
Spoiler:
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Miojow wrote:The thing is:
theHunter was built to be the most realistic hunting simulator, with real species and real enviroment based cenarios.
You really think that hunting dinossaurs will me realistic?
For me, will break the whole hunting experience. This is the reason why they have two separated games.
When EW introduced "non-typical" -> non realistic specimens from some species for original trophy, nobody bitched in the forum.

For me the dinosaurs are realistic for closer scientific work. And the gameplay still has realistic, I love to hunt with compound bow the Alpin ibex, and i love to hunt utharaptor with .308 and .700. I do not make a difference in my hunting experience in game : Be Attentive to sounds and traces, discreet approach, wait for the right moment, aim the vital parts of the animal, so wounded research by blood (for a long time...)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

ehr_kimahn wrote: When EW introduced "non-typical" -> non realistic specimens from some species for original trophy, nobody bitched in the forum.

For me the dinosaurs are realistic for closer scientific work. And the gameplay still has realistic, I love to hunt with compound bow the Alpin ibex, and i love to hunt utharaptor with .308 and .700. I do not make a difference in my hunting experience in game : Be Attentive to sounds and traces, discreet approach, wait for the right moment, aim the vital parts of the animal, so wounded research by blood (for a long time...)
FYI, non-typical alters on deer are common IRL. Adding non-typical antlers made the game more realistic, not less, (although they went a bit overboard with the racks themselves.)

You seem to have a different definition of the word "realistic", since humans and dinosaurs never co-existed. There is nothing "realistic" about hunting dinosaurs with guns or bows.

Even the dinosaurs themselves are not "realistic". Dinosaurs when extinct tens of millions of years before humans even existed, so they are simply our "best guess" on what they looked like and how they behaved.

I own and play Primal, but it's fantasy, not realism.
Personal Bests...

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”