Introduce Eden map and dino in thehunter

maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Re: Introduce Eden map and dino in thehunter

Post by maros.kuzar »

ehr_kimahn wrote:
Miojow wrote:The thing is:
theHunter was built to be the most realistic hunting simulator, with real species and real enviroment based cenarios.
You really think that hunting dinossaurs will me realistic?
For me, will break the whole hunting experience. This is the reason why they have two separated games.
When EW introduced "non-typical" -> non realistic specimens from some species for original trophy, nobody bitched in the forum.

For me the dinosaurs are realistic for closer scientific work. And the gameplay still has realistic, I love to hunt with compound bow the Alpin ibex, and i love to hunt utharaptor with .308 and .700. I do not make a difference in my hunting experience in game : Be Attentive to sounds and traces, discreet approach, wait for the right moment, aim the vital parts of the animal, so wounded research by blood (for a long time...)
I wanted to respond you, but you totally lost me with this... :roll:

Just be honest to yourself: There in no good reason to do what you have proposed but "I want it that way" kind of thinking. On the other hand, we brought good reasons why it would be bad idea. And nevertheless, it just won't happen! Ever ;-) We can try to persuade you that it would harm the game, you can try to persuade us that it would be good move... But it just wont happen. It is pointless to continue discussing it ;-)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Summed it up perfectly, Maros. Was gonna write pretty much that same thing. And yes, non-typical antlers on deer species IS reality, and as Fletchette says quite common. Do a little lookin around on the 'net, you'll see them. What you will not see are dinosaurs and humans inhabiting the same space, nor the current animals in the hunter coexisting with Dino's either. As I said, take it for what it is, because what you want (and it is only what YOU want) just simply will not happen.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Say that dinosaurs is fantasy, it's spit in the face of scientific researchers, paleontologists etc. working for years on this issue. Elf, Troll, Dragon it's fantasy. While we will never see dinosaurs in our lives, and this is also the interest of a game. I understand better now why EW stopped the development of Primal and there are no more update, improvement and bug fix. For modeling dinosaurs had a lot of work to match the current scientific knowledge, and seen how they are criticized it, I will be demotivated. With as much negationism on this community.

And yes to use gameplay and equipment of theHunter to hunt dinosaurs have pleased me. And I'm not the only one to think. STEAM comments by other players who play two games like me, are also saying. it would also reduce the number of cheaters who want to use the weapons and ammunition freely.

And I do not see how a dedicated reserve, might interfere with other contemporary maps. No one is forcing YOU to hunt all animals and to use all the maps of theHunter. Finally, speaking of realism, I prefer to hunt animals, whose extinction is not related to humans, as current animal endangered (elephant, rhino, other african animals etc.) : That it would be scandalous in this game and will break the whole hunting experience.

meanwhile I take my bow and I expect the opening of the Rocky Mountains reserve, hoping more open minds.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Ok, I give up. You really just don't get it.
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

I don't want to be rude here, but as Chuck said, you just don't get it. Read again, try to understand what we wrote and, more importantly, try to understand whole situation.

Of course, under ideal circumstances, what you propose would greatly help Primal and theoretically won't hurt main game. But we are at the opposite end of what we can call ideal.
Let's say that this "joining two games togehter" thing would take year of EW's development time (and I think I am being optimistic with only one year). How do you think would 90 % of playerbase who do want these two games to be separated think about that? This would be a massive disaster. And knowing EW (they are small team and for some reason it takes a long time for them to realize there is something gamebreaking in game and they should do something about it), the outcome would be one game that would be perfectly unplayable. This game is 8 years old, do you think anyone would risk so much to gain so little?

And please notice that I am responding to you even though I think there is no point in doing so. You should really think what is the situation, not that just what you want and close your mind to any counterarguments.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

ehr_kimahn wrote:Say that dinosaurs is fantasy, it's spit in the face of scientific researchers, paleontologists etc. working for years on this issue. Elf, Troll, Dragon it's fantasy.
No one said that dinosaurs are fantasy. I said that Primal, (humans hunting dinosaurs with bows and guns), is fantasy, because it is. It's sad that your reading comprehension is so poor, and that when people don't agree with you, you get all huffy and call them close-minded.
Personal Bests...
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

I have nothing against :( you and we share enjoy theHunter. I thought that the refusal was strong. I am only surprised.

It is true that for me, theHunter is a realistic game, because it models the weapons of comportment realistically (ballistic impact, animal behavior), and it encourages play hunting realistically (but look for tracks with GPS is fantasy, but it would be too difficult otherwise). The difference of idea for me to model contemporary or extinct animals, does not make it an unrealistic game, if the gameplay is realistic and that animals are thought realistic based on serious (scientific) knowledge, not only imaginary. There were no insults here. But I understand your historical perspective @Fletchette.

TheHunter:Primal should not have to be on Steam. For it is not the same population here (our discussion is proof). Most players in STEAM were expecting a game "fun". They wanted a fantasy game than Ark, but not a realistic hunting game with dinosaurs than TheHunter. Besides, TheHunter has a bad review by players on STEAM. Here we are all looking for a realistic game, almost a "serious" game.

@Maros you seem to say that theHunter game engine is different because older. Possible, there are bugs in Primal (scope for example) that there is not in TheHunter. But I understand that it is some theHunter players (which I am one) who do not want this addition.
Jack.Grave
Outfitter

Post by Jack.Grave »

Gentlemen About game engine in theHunter and theHunter:Primal. Both games uses identical engine (heavily modified Just Cause 2 engine also known as Avalanche Engine 2). Some bugs in tH:P as said above is not present in current version of tH as by my wild guess it must been discovered and fixed in the past. I am pretty sure I have seen something as tH:P scope bug in MP beta open testing weekend back in 2013. Of course some things in tH:p are more suble, like you can change various settings while in-game. Remember tH:P was somehow introduced as testbed for EW interns to learn their craft. Jack
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Jack.Grave wrote:Gentlemen About game engine in theHunter and theHunter:Primal. Both games uses identical engine (heavily modified Just Cause 2 engine also known as Avalanche Engine
Yes, we know. My point was that tH:P is older version of that modified engine, with some additions main game does not have. What I wanted to say by this that it would take lot of time to fix everything that can come along while joining these two games.
Jack.Grave wrote:2). Some bugs in tH:P as said above is not present in current version of tH as by my wild guess it must been discovered and fixed in the past. I am pretty sure I have seen something as tH:P scope bug in MP beta open testing weekend back in 2013. Of course some things in tH:p are more suble, like you can change various settings while in-game. Remember tH:P was somehow introduced as testbed for EW interns to learn their craft. Jack
The scope bug is still in main game, I had it like month ago while hunting ibex with 12x scope.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Would be cool to have a map with some animals that went extinct long time ago. The idea of man hunting dinosaurs is not so wrong after all. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVSx2wTZ3UU

But of course you have to believe in science which is not everyone's cup of tea. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”