Updated 3D Archery Range

HuntingKing99

Updated 3D Archery Range

Post by HuntingKing99 »

Before I start I want to say that I don't know if this was posted before and if it was I can't find it. Anyhow I think the 3D archery range should have a target for every species. This way we can practice for things like competitions where you have to harvest rabbits, foxes or basically any animal with bows. For example the missions for the traditional bows start with you harvesting rabbits with a longbow well if you're not good with the traditional bows on small game this would allow you to practice. the extra targets could even include the waterfowl targets. I personally think this would be very helpful to some people and I would like to know what you guys think. Thank you.
jeff1963
Hunter

Re: Updated 3D Archery Range

Post by jeff1963 »

It would be cool to have one in each reserve with all of that reserves species included.
Thanks, ~Jeff

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

jeff1963 wrote:It would be cool to have one in each reserve with all of that reserves species included.
I totally agree. I included the same suggestion in a recent post here. It would make sense to have a 3D range at each reserve, containing the animals found on that reserve.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

There have been many great suggestions regarding the practice ranges. Including...
* Represent all animal species
* Movable targets so we can practice shots at any distance
* Longer (at least 220m) distances
and my favorite...
* Skill advancement through practice
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I love this idea. I made a topic about something similar. Long time ago. I think that one of each species would be awesome!
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=67299

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

I suggested that if they wont allow us to move targets, they should at least make whole area or range so you wont waste your arrows, so we would not be limited to those wooden floors.
I also suggested adding trees to rhe ranfe so we can practise shooting from TS
RogerYar
Tracker

Post by RogerYar »

I like this idea. I would have wanted to practice in archery and crossbow on a stuffed wild boar. Boar pretty hardy animal and get to the shooting range practice defeats the important organs will be useful
adkennedy03

Post by adkennedy03 »

In the range I'd like moving targets of different species and ranges in actuall hunting I think dying on a double lung or heart shot should not drop the animal spot on hitting the shoulder will drop them on the spot but a bow and arrow can't go through a shoulder or at least not that I'd heard them do
HuntingKing99

Post by HuntingKing99 »

adkennedy03 wrote:In the range I'd like moving targets of different species and ranges in actuall hunting I think dying on a double lung or heart shot should not drop the animal spot on hitting the shoulder will drop them on the spot but a bow and arrow can't go through a shoulder or at least not that I'd heard them do
I have another post on here about heart shots and it's basically saying the same thing you should check it out.
JohnnyZoraki

Post by JohnnyZoraki »

I agree, more diversity of shooting ranges would be nice.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”