Desert Reserve

Hunter_226

Desert Reserve

Post by Hunter_226 »

Hi y'all,

So I have been thinking about what kind of reserve thehunter team should focus on next. I am not too crazy on all this tropical, exoctic reserves that would make the hunter seem more like a crazy rpg science fiction game rather than a hunting game. Africa would be cool I guess but I hope the next reserve after the rockies would be a desert reserve based off of Arizona or even the low country of Wyoming. Then we could have mountain lions and Pronghorn Antelope! The Pronghorns would be cool because it could add a new way of hunting in the game! In real life you need to find a waterhole or some other kind of water source and wait for the antelope to come in to water and the shoot them out of a blind. Pronghorns have really good eye-site and prefer to stay out in the open to see their surroundings and when they sense danger they run really fast away from any predator. That would be a fun challenge and rewarding to try and get within bow range of these animals if the blind sitting at a waterhole gets too boring. (even though part of hunting sometimes has to include some boring things but I actually enjoy most of those so called "boring things")

I know everyone has there wants and dislikes in thehunter game but this one I think would be cool. I love Pronghorn antelope hunting in real life and think it would be an awesome addition to thehunter! If anyone has any questions of how Pronghorn antelope hunting works or what a Pronghorn Antelope is feel free ask me or check it out on youtube!
"The day I stop hunting is the day I stop breathing!'
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Re: Desert Reserve

Post by FatMountainbear »

Desert reserve based on US? I'm all for that.:)
TheHottShott

Post by TheHottShott »

As someone who hunts in Wyoming, all I can do is say YES. I would also suggest Mulies, bird species (pheasants, Sharptail grouse, Sage grouse, maybe even Huns and quail), coyotes, foxes, jackrabbits, and if we really wanted to push it, we could slap some plains bison out there. But, one thing I would like to see is Prairie dogs. Those would make the hunting a bit more interesting.
However, there will likely only be 5 species if EW does decide to make it (unless they switch around the animal numbers), I would list my favorite species as 1. Pronghorn 2. Mountain lions 3. Mulies 4. Bison 5. Prairie dogs.
I do highly think that this should become reality. This would be an awesome (and easy, I'd think, a flat-ish map with three new animals) addition to theHunter's lineup of reserves.
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
extremebowhunter12
Hunter

Post by extremebowhunter12 »

I was just thinking bout posting this same idea. Id absolutely love some antelope hunting out in the sage brush. Heck a lot of the trees from timbergold trails can be used in it as well. Personally id like to see some antelope for sure, mule deer, and some mountains and canyons in some spots mainly for elk, cause they like the sage brush and the cool timber pockets. Also we would need coyotes! Cant have sagebrush country without some yotes... Thats just unrealistic if you dont have them. Also some bird as a grouse and id be for some ground squirrels or as I call them "sage rats". And if you want another animal, id say moose or bison. Id love mountain lion but I dont know if it would happen as likely but if it did then we surley would want some rocky overhangs along with some timbered draws/ canyons. Would be great for mulies as well. I could go on and on. I was raised in central/eastern oregon and love that sage brush country, and iv visited montana and wyoming a lot especially the teton area. Its fun to hunt in that stuff and is beautiful country!
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

javelinas, pronghorn, quail, coyote, coues deer, jack-rabbit, mule deer, and dove. this place would be the ultimate place for using the air rifle
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Ongeki
Spotter

Post by Ongeki »

All these species sound awesome as does the idea for the reserve :O

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”