Increase animal visual draw range.

FocalSC

Increase animal visual draw range.

Post by FocalSC »

At the moment the animals appear and disappear at approximately 200m. Considering this engine runs extremely well on modern computers I think increasing the animal draw range (at least the larger animals) would have very little to no performance impact.

As it is, all cliff side lookouts are useless as you cant see any animals from it because most views are well beyond 200m. It would be nice if we could at least spot them at range so we could either start tracking or even guide other friends to the location while you have eyes on.

I would suggest 1000m draw range for all except pheasants and turkeys, and appropriate animal calls for sound range.

Thanks.
Cireme
Master Competitor

Re: Increase animal visual draw range.

Post by Cireme »

Increasing the animal render distance is a lot more complicated than you may think. Here is an official statement on this subjet: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 72#p315772
FocalSC

Post by FocalSC »

Thanks for the link.

In the end I think the effort to make it possible would be worth it.
FocalSC

Post by FocalSC »

Every time I play multiplayer one of the main topics of conversation is "dam this draw distance". I read the reasons why but jebus is it so hard to squeeze an extra 50 to 100m out of it, thats all it really needs.
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

The draw distance in relation to the size of the world, number of animals spawned, and spooking radius is pretty good. if you went out 1000 meters you would be just making it too easy to sit on a hill with a tripod stand and pick off everything in 1/4 of the Map. I believe this game is getting too easy as it is, and shouldn't be made easier, but that seems to be the general path we are on.
Thanks, ~Jeff

FocalSC

Post by FocalSC »

Ok, how about a compromise.

The animal you wound or the animal you are tracking is drawn at max view distance and all other animals remain the same..

hows that ? Surely that is very possible.
KarlTheDeer

Post by KarlTheDeer »

In my opinion they could increase the view distance, and decrease the animals. To make it even harder make the bullet start to drop at about 150-200m and add mildots to the riflescope. This would add a more realistic twist to the game and improving it imo.

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”