Drive hunt map

User avatar
Romainhunter65
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: March 7th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Drive hunt map

Postby Romainhunter65 » March 8th, 2018, 4:49 pm

It would be great if there was a map for big game hunting in big forests. He could have red deer, wild boar, roe deer, fallow deer and fox.
An environment like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g4dKVOo68M
It would be necessary to install on the roads, observation tower to place the hunters. To get the animals out, it will take dogs like blood dogs except that they will follow the tracks of animals to make them go out.

It would be a hunt more fun and that will bring a little change.
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4331
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby gas56 » March 11th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Wouldn't it be easier just to have Drive Team players?
Set sections of the map to be driven with MP players,
And put towers/treestands up at each end section that players drive towards....
on the map of your choice :D
I think some players already do this.......... ;)
User avatar
ronMctube
Chat Logger
Posts: 15610
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby ronMctube » March 12th, 2018, 8:37 am

one thing that bugs me and would be a great addition is drive tools for mp games. i have mentioned this on off for years and in mp quite a few of us do driven hunts.also having a tent system to accomidate driven hunts would also say so so much time setting them up.currently if you want to do driven hunts for eg you have to either have all your tents kept in the same location all the time which on most reserves if you hunt normally makes them worthless for nomal hunting.so you have to either swap them each time for driven hunts or normal hunting.this means moving upto 8 tents at a time to the correct location.this can take quite a while.so people who do the drives are a bit thin on the ground or less than would be because we cant just place tents straight to the locations we need them.this would be amazing function if from before starting game we could move the tents without going to the places needed to place them.

or the other way is like the clothing system have a seperate set up.for each reserve which could be done almost the same as the feeder system we have now.so loggers for eg id have my normal 6 -8 tent set up all round the map on set up 1.on the 2nd loggers point set up 8 tents or upto 8 set up in a line for a driven hunt.then all you do is select the set up needed before each game.this system could be very useful for different species.also good for sales as you could have numerous amonuts of tents more than 8 per reserve with a purpose ! ;)

if you do make this happen please have sales on tents aswell.one of the most important things people want and use is tents.do multiple bundles x5 and so on.cheers !
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4331
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby gas56 » March 12th, 2018, 5:14 pm

ronMctube wrote:one thing that bugs me and would be a great addition is drive tools for mp games. i have mentioned this on off for years and in mp quite a few of us do driven hunts.also having a tent system to accomidate driven hunts would also say so so much time setting them up.currently if you want to do driven hunts for eg you have to either have all your tents kept in the same location all the time which on most reserves if you hunt normally makes them worthless for nomal hunting.so you have to either swap them each time for driven hunts or normal hunting.this means moving upto 8 tents at a time to the correct location.this can take quite a while.so people who do the drives are a bit thin on the ground or less than would be because we cant just place tents straight to the locations we need them.this would be amazing function if from before starting game we could move the tents without going to the places needed to place them.

or the other way is like the clothing system have a seperate set up.for each reserve which could be done almost the same as the feeder system we have now.so loggers for eg id have my normal 6 -8 tent set up all round the map on set up 1.on the 2nd loggers point set up 8 tents or upto 8 set up in a line for a driven hunt.then all you do is select the set up needed before each game.this system could be very useful for different species.also good for sales as you could have numerous amonuts of tents more than 8 per reserve with a purpose ! ;)

if you do make this happen please have sales on tents aswell.one of the most important things people want and use is tents.do multiple bundles x5 and so on.cheers !


The only fallible thing I could see is MP spawn mashing.............
No doubt some players would use this system for that,...
only if something was implemented where you couldn't spawn to another point once you started the drive hunt.
If the drive hunt started with the drivers to pick the set starting point and not being able to fast travel until they reached the standers set point at the end of the drive and checked in at that spot
to end the drive at that section would be a seal-proof way of preventing spawn mashing even if there was two players only involved playing trying to manipulate the way it worked.
I believe it could be quite simple for EW to make drive maps players could use, but I don't know how practical it would work with the present game system. It may be impossible
to implement 2 (original & clone) of the same identical maps into the whole system of present maps that are being used ATM. Unless the map name was altered with the drive map
extention like "loggers Point Drive" verses "loggers Point". You never know,... they might be able to do this. Putting the data may be the hardest thing to do within and after the hunt where info
would need to be separated from 2 identical maps to a hunters results of each players that would identify only the original map where the player hunted.
Maybe it will be as simple as how the pre-selected gear works now, at the beginning of the hunt start where you select a pre-selected map set-up of equipment for a drive hunt,
and will not let the drivers to FT until the end point of the drive hunt is arrived by them.
It sure would eliminate the idea of clone maps......
Oh well,... if EW wants to do it they will figure a way if it can be done.....
I know how you Europeans love the drive hunts..........animals & birds........... :D
And then there could be Drive Hunt comps................ :lol:
User avatar
ronMctube
Chat Logger
Posts: 15610
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby ronMctube » March 12th, 2018, 6:52 pm

its pretty simple.its almost exactly like the feeder system clothing system.you dont need to change any reserves anything at all.people do driven hunts already since the game began.it doesnt effect the reserve.its the setting up of the tents which is time consuming not only this if you want to do a different hunt on the same reserve you need to move your tents again !

so here is my loggers point driven hunt set up at moment.all people start at tents in middle and we walk down together.its a popular mp type of game.

Image

now at moment i cant use the tents for any other purpose if there is only one tent set up per reserve .with say 5 different tent set up slots for each reserve for eg.we could select like we do with clothes or feeders and select what we want on the map before hunting.without having to go change them physically on the map.which moving up to 8 tents i time consuming.if we had a slot system for the tents for different set ups it would be very handy.

at moment for eg we can have 8 tents well with the slot system of just 5.we could have 40 tents per reserve.thats great for those who want a system like this and use it great for business aswell.
User avatar
caledonianblues
Master Hunter
Posts: 9466
Joined: September 27th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Location: Scotland & United States

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby caledonianblues » March 12th, 2018, 8:32 pm

ronMctube wrote:at moment for eg we can have 8 tents well with the slot system of just 5.we could have 40 tents per reserve.thats great for those who want a system like this and use it great for business aswell.

Doesn't this idea conflict with your recent proposal to scrap tents from the game altogether? ;)

I'm just messing with you. Whilst I'm sure this feature would be a big hit for the driven hunt community, I'm just not sure it would be popular enough within the wider community. I mean, besides driven hunting, I can't think of a reason why anyone would want to spend the money to kit out a reserve twice, much less 5 times. I've spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours setting up single reserves, and the thought of doing it again to give a reserve another purpose just doesn't appeal.

Since I have no idea how big the driven hunt community is, I accept that I could be completely wrong. But it's a question Expansive Worlds would need to know the answer to before they'd consider something like this.
UHC Apps | UHC Stats | My PC Specs
Host your own competition, or get your geek on with stats.
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4331
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby gas56 » March 15th, 2018, 1:02 pm

caledonianblues wrote:
ronMctube wrote:at moment for eg we can have 8 tents well with the slot system of just 5.we could have 40 tents per reserve.thats great for those who want a system like this and use it great for business aswell.

Doesn't this idea conflict with your recent proposal to scrap tents from the game altogether? ;)

I'm just messing with you. Whilst I'm sure this feature would be a big hit for the driven hunt community, I'm just not sure it would be popular enough within the wider community. I mean, besides driven hunting, I can't think of a reason why anyone would want to spend the money to kit out a reserve twice, much less 5 times. I've spent hundreds of dollars and countless hours setting up single reserves, and the thought of doing it again to give a reserve another purpose just doesn't appeal.

Since I have no idea how big the driven hunt community is, I accept that I could be completely wrong. But it's a question Expansive Worlds would need to know the answer to before they'd consider something like this.


The only way that would make it popular would to come up with a New Map that could be used for drive hunts,..
and the map already set-up for drivers start points & standers points
where 1 section was for bird drives,..(cut crop fields & mixed hedgegrows) and 1 section was for animal drives, (thickets & woodlots, & meadows) and each section could have multiple drive
routes on them. (maybe 2 or 3 on each section)
Thus not having the need for outrageous set-ups by individual players which is time consuming without having an auto set-up.
Maybe on the next EW inquiry polls to find out if a drive map would even be worth the effort........................ Just a thought.
User avatar
L3M182
Outfitter
Posts: 3243
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 10:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby L3M182 » March 15th, 2018, 1:45 pm

id love to see a drive hunt implemented. but i can also see the drawbacks and problems.

i think the best option and the path of least resistance would be to make a purpose built map with assets already made with custom animal AI that didn't interfere with what we already have. say for instance a long fairly narrow map based on hirsch. hav woods, with little openings and fire breaks and a generous number or towers and spawn points. drive hunts are usually a 2 or 3 drives a day deal with breaks in between. Have the animals permanently set to flee and halve them go from narrow edge to narrow of the map, kind of like the reindeer migratory thing.

so start a hunt, choose a spawn point and get in a stand or even make the stand the spawn point. drive starts a randomly generated number of roe, fox,reds and boar come screaming past(increase animal sounds and add sounds for smashing sticks and twigs and bushes and what not as animals come closer( could even have gun noises to give you a heads up and simulate other hunters in stands further up) you shoot what you can and the rest get of the far edge. drive ends and you go back to the map and select next spot. repeat that say 3 times then the hunt ends and thats a comp attempt. i think it would be a fast passed and bloody fun way to wind down on the hunter if your feeling a little more shooty and a little less walky.


the community set up ones were great fun but it took like 30 mins to coordinate and 3 mins to enjoy and some poor sod had to fork out for tents feeders and stands and be a non shooter to stop the feeder penalty

Image
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 4331
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby gas56 » March 15th, 2018, 2:59 pm

Something like this?
Image
User avatar
L3M182
Outfitter
Posts: 3243
Joined: April 23rd, 2012, 10:23 am
Location: Great Britain

Re: Drive hunt map

Postby L3M182 » March 15th, 2018, 4:57 pm

still requires getting 6 people online together and coordinated. it needs to be possible for solo hunters to have any success

Image

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest