Halloween Mission Pack 2021: The Downfall of Gilles Garnier

ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Halloween Mission Pack 2021: The Downfall of Gilles Garnier

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

I had to redo this thread because unfortunately, I can't edit my original one. I'm still actively editing the main doc, so I will continuously post status updates within the doc until it is completed. Open for suggestions and proofreading!

And before you mention it, yes, this mission pack would be possible within the 1-2 weeks that the werewolf Halloween event runs for during October.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ynq ... sp=sharing
XQlatherX

Re: Halloween Mission Pack 2021: The Downfall of Gilles Garnier

Post by XQlatherX »

It would be amazing if this halloween pack event get back in 2021 for new players like me :D
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

XQlatherX wrote:It would be amazing if this halloween pack event get back in 2021 for new players like me :D
It seems the dev team is doing werewolves every year on Halloween now, so I feel like a mission pack would give a great opportunity for rookie hunters to acquire their first trophy.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

I believe that most players would not pass the mission #5 and further. :)

Mission #5 is not too hard technically but the crossbow pistol is one of less used weapons in the game as far as I see in multiplayer games. Almost nobody uses them at all, so most players just would miss again and again when a werewolf is not charging and running straight to the player.

Mission #6 looks like a player's hell. Searching for grizzlies and pumas in Halloween fog is not a piece of fun itself, and do that in the same hunt with two other tasks would be a blocker for many players.

Mission #7 and further - I'm afraid that most players would just have no chance to activate these before the event times out...

Mission #9 - "Harvest an albino female Werewolf within 10m (32.80 ft.) using the Crossbow Pistol "Wolfsbane" with 100% Harvest Value"...
What's the statistical chance to complete this in saying a day or even two?

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I'm agreeing with dfad, mission number 9 has way too many parameters with the weapon, harvest value, range, rarity, and even gender. Maybe remove 2 of those requirements, like gender and range.

On the other hand, maybe it's best to make 2 mission packs for Halloween? Like how we had summer fiesta with 2 levels of difficulty.

Also, I've made some suggestions on the google doc.
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll be taking them into consideration while editing.
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

curlyCoyote wrote:I'm agreeing with dfad, mission number 9 has way too many parameters with the weapon, harvest value, range, rarity, and even gender. Maybe remove 2 of those requirements, like gender and range.

On the other hand, maybe it's best to make 2 mission packs for Halloween? Like how we had summer fiesta with 2 levels of difficulty.

Also, I've made some suggestions on the google doc.
Thank you. I have taken a bit from your suggestions and edited to live up to the ones I agreed with.
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

_dfad_ wrote:I believe that most players would not pass the mission #5 and further. :)

Mission #5 is not too hard technically but the crossbow pistol is one of less used weapons in the game as far as I see in multiplayer games. Almost nobody uses them at all, so most players just would miss again and again when a werewolf is not charging and running straight to the player.

Mission #6 looks like a player's hell. Searching for grizzlies and pumas in Halloween fog is not a piece of fun itself, and do that in the same hunt with two other tasks would be a blocker for many players.

Mission #7 and further - I'm afraid that most players would just have no chance to activate these before the event times out...

Mission #9 - "Harvest an albino female Werewolf within 10m (32.80 ft.) using the Crossbow Pistol "Wolfsbane" with 100% Harvest Value...

What's the statistical chance to complete this in saying a day or even two?
Altered some of the objectives to make it not too hard.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

ZTrophyBuckZ wrote:Altered some of the objectives to make it not too hard.
Great, new tasks are much more realistic for a time-limited mission pack.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Please don't have any of these tasks be "in the same hunt".

In Mission 6, is it really necessary to include the hard-to-fine, hard-to-hunt Puma? If you need specimens for research I would think that you would logically limit this mission to wolves and werewolves.

In Mission 7 you have the requirements for heart and brain shots. Do you really need to make this harder by requiring 320+ score?

For mission 9, how common are albino female werewolves going to be? This sounds like it could be an impossible task.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”