Puma mission pack

_dfad_
Scout

Puma mission pack

Post by _dfad_ »

Hi there,

New pumas are fantastic! So here is my idea of Puma mission pack that could glorify these cats in the best traditions of game characters that you all know already. ;)

Your feedback is really appreciated!

============================================================================================================================================
New times create new issues. Due to reduced road traffic, graceful and deadly pumas made their way to EHR, threatening visitors and local residents. Doc tries to involve an expert but something goes wrong, and who except you could save the situation?

1. Loud meow from a hill

Doc here. We have an emergency. A family of campers was attacked by a predator near the Brimstone mine in Timbergold Trails last night, who killed and stole their dog that slept outside the tent. They’ve shown me the tracks of what they think was a wolf, but, psssss…. They don’t realize that those are tracks of a feline, not a canine.
So we have a problem. I’m afraid that a puma family made their way to EHR, and this totally changes the gameplay for us, especially if the news spreads out. So, for god sake, go and check the trails while I try to contact our expert Natalya. She doesn’t pick up my calls…
  • Visit Brimstone in Timbergold Trails
  • Identify a call of a Puma in the same hunt

2. Cat herds or hard cats?

Holy tails… So this happened, we have hungry pumas littering our lands. Look, Natalya answered my call, she’s recovering after coronavirus so can’t come. I’m driving to a tavern to get some ginger ale with cheese… Yes, one big cheese from the Department of Natural Resources, hoping he’d be able to advise. Meanwhile we need to know how serious this disaster is. Do we have crowds of hungry cats roaring around? Hurry up, I’m not going to be late for my ale.
  • Identify any clue of Puma
  • Identify any clue of another Puma in the same hunt

3. Hiding news

That big boss from DNR said he’s interested… To get a hide. Otherwise he’d forbid our annual Mule archery tournament due to the danger that these cats introduce. It was my worst idea to let him know.
Go out and save our annual contest! And do it with a single bullet, he won’t accept a strainer.
  • Harvest a Puma with one shot from any ethical rifle

4. Quiet paws

Hello, here is Monica! A puma visited my backyard last night, opened the fridge and stole lots of frozen venison!
I know she’s still nearby, and my customers are in danger! More, even if they hear about that, they won’t come at all. Please, please, go and do everything quietly! No loud ammo, no howling of wounded beast, and I pay cash.
  • Harvest a Puma with 100% harvest value using any bow or a crossbow

5. Lovely cats for a connoisseur

Hi Hunter, remember Max the Taxidermist? There are some rumors flying around, so… I have an order of a family pair of stuffed pumas, and at least one should be dark red. Hmm… That dude said ‘What a nice girl’ when he saw a huge male bobcat that I stuffed for another customer, so I bet he won’t notice if we cheat a bit - just bring two of any gender, one or both dark red.
I haven't worked with pumas yet, so take your time hunting for the second one while I stuff the firstcomer. I say no need to do this in one hunt. And listen, keep distance with them, I want you to come back alive.
  • Harvest Dark Red Puma from 120 m (approx. 394 ft) or more
  • Harvest another Puma from 120 m (approx. 394 ft) or more

6. That’s all corona’s antics

Meow, hunter. Sorry for my hoarse voice, I’m Natalya, you should remember how you helped me with bobcats and lynxes. Yes, I feel better now and will help you… [cough] remotely of course.
I have no doubts that all this is caused by the lockdown. Less cars on highways, cats cross roads bravely, and here they are in EHR. [cough] Too much ‘r’ in one sentence for my purr throat.
First, I need some meawsurements and samples. Go and gather them for me. Then bring them to my cabin, put them near the door, ring and ride away - I’m still not healthy and don’t want to cough on you.
  • Id footprints of Puma to the South from Brimstone
  • Id footprints of Puma to the North from Brimstone but to the South from Ol’ Reynolds’ Lost Nugget
  • Id footprints of Puma to the North from Ol’ Reynolds’ Lost Nugget
  • Id droppings of Puma
  • Harvest Puma with a single shot through heart and/or lungs, no other vital organs should be hit

7. They shouldn’t kill that wolves

Nothing strange, hunter. I told Doc when he performed that wolfocide last year that we should have a higher population of predators here. Nope, he devastated two thirds of wolves, and it was only a question of time that another predator came to feast on young elks.
So elks. Go check if pumas hunt them. Even better if you could see a puma eating or chasing a prey. Our elk and bighorn population might be in serious danger, and I am aware about the wellness of wolves too.
By the way I feel much better now, you hear, I do not ever cough.
  • ‘Harvest’ a carcass of Rocky Mountain Elk in Timbergold Trails
  • Spot a Rocky Mountain Elk in the same hunt
  • Spot a Bighorn Sheep in the same hunt
  • Spot a Puma in the same hunt
  • Spot a Grey Wolf in the same hunt
  • Harvest a Puma in the same hunt when the animal is idle

8. Say ‘Cheese’!

So you say that you’ve found a dead elk that was killed by a puma, not a wolf? Specific bits on neck area, long scratches… All as I expected, meow.
Yes, I love cats. And I’d never agree to mass kill them like Doc and his friends did with wolves a year ago. But we’d have to control the population of any invasive species. Fifty, maybe sixty cats and no more. With all my sorrow I believe we’d start selling licenses to puma hunters.
And I told Doc that we shouldn’t make a secret of this anymore. Nope, we’ll advertise puma hunting, so we could sell those licenses for a better price. And we’d need some good photos for a new brochure. Ah yes, and I never liked old Doc’s photo of a wolf in that brochure so make a better one.
  • Make a photo of walking Puma with Compact Digital Camera from under 25 m
  • Make a photo of running Puma with Compact Digital Camera from under 35 m
  • Make a photo of Grey Wolf with Compact Digital Camera from under 25 m

9. No time to dig for a T-Puma, let’s glue it up

Nice photos, hunter! Doc has ordered purrinting of our annual brochure already. Now, we need more showpieces to attract visitors. You know I have two passions - cats and… Ancient cats. I have a pair of nice tusks from a real saber-toothed tiger, now I want to show everyone a saber-toothed Puma! Stuffed, of course.
These tusks are big, so I need a big carrier. And please do not let the purr kitten suffer.
  • Harvest male Puma weighing 92 kg or more with 100% harvest value

10. Cold revenge

Doc here. I came to Monica’s bar last evening, and guess? There was no ginger ale on the menu. Someone told me to try her new ‘Golden Puma’ ale, I did and… Felt no difference. This trot knows how to make money.
Look. I tracked that first Puma who ate the campers’ dog. The animal has a defect of one claw so that wasn’t too hard. It’s male, he loiters the area around Porcupine Ridge. I want him to be nailed for all my lost nerves. And when I say nailed I mean good old arrows.
  • Visit Porcupine Ridge in Timbergold Trails
  • Harvest male Puma with any recurve bow or a longbow in the same hunt

11. Verweile doch!

Hello there, Vera Herzschlag calling. I’m filming a clip where a hunter is attacked by a Puma. I want you for this role, and do not ask questions. I know you’re dreaming to sign autographs too.
You have a barrel, I have a camera. Puma runs, you fall and fire, clouds of smoke… Hurry up, I have a flight back to Burbank next morning.
  • Harvest attacking puma with any muzzleloader or a muzzleloader pistol

Final message

Great job, hunter! Pumas are a part of the Timbergold Trails ecosystem now, whether we want that or not. Keep their population under control but do not run mad on that, the time will establish a balance of species itself.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Puma mission pack

Post by fantamichele »

You forgot "catch a puma as it escapes from over 150 meters with the longbow"
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

fantamichele wrote:You forgot "catch a puma as it escapes from over 150 meters with the longbow"
Do you really feel them complex for yourself?
Where exactly?

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

_dfad_ wrote:
fantamichele wrote:You forgot "catch a puma as it escapes from over 150 meters with the longbow"
Do you really feel them complex for yourself?
Where exactly?
Ordinary missions have to be easier, you have to take into consideration that everyone has to do them.
Those listed in your post are good for special missions, such as summer fiesta.
Not to mention mission 11, have you seen how pumas attack? You don't even see them, they jump on you without you being able to do anything.
For me they are difficult starting from 5 onwards.
I say they are difficult considering the other mission packs that are currently in play.
I'm not saying they can't be done, but they are very demanding.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

I'm glad you do not see anything wrong in mission descriptions. :lol:

I think you underestimate other players. Except #11, I'd say these missions are of medium complexity, much easier than some recent event missions and generally anyone with hunter score 2k+ should be able to complete them. Though the tasks could be simplified if still too complex for majority of players of course, but there is nothing special if one has e-caller, tripod and camo.

#5 - puma is visible over 200 m in mountain areas easily. Not around Brimstone where bushes are dense, but we have a lot of open areas to the north. No problem to hit being prone. Might be some lottery if a player has low skill with exact weapon - whether vital organs are hit. Ok, just repeat until done.

#6 - when you are in/on a platform, trophy size puma could pass 20 m nearby, walking to a caller, and do not notice you. It's just that puma's lungs are located lower than saying banteng's lungs.

#7 - the main complexity is the time to spend on it.

#8 - see #6. Wolves are relaxed too if you have a decoy.

#9 - might require multiple attempts, but we can remove 100% HV requirement if this is too complex.

#10 - see #6.

Finally, #11... I agree, puma's attack is fast. Approximately as werewolf's attack. But werewolf attacks in dark and sometimes foggy environment. But who told we are not flexible? Vera could ask for just a 'loud bang' if 'clouds of smoke' are too hard, and then buckhot or .44 bullet does it's job.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”