Another wolf cull!

Conch
Scout

Another wolf cull!

Post by Conch »

Since I missed the first wolf cull put on by everyone's favourite warden Doc, I would love to see another one!
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

Exploatores II

Re: Another wolf cull!

Post by Exploatores II »

I think it´s time for another animal. I would go for feral hog or wild boar. fearal hog tend to destoy hunts some times.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I don't think any animals need a culling, but some animals need an upgrade in spawning, like all ptar species, especially the willow ptar. Maybe grizzly bears as well? I find pretty hard to find them without a bear bait, and they tend to be in the thick forests as well. I was going to say to slightly increase the bighorn population, but seeing that you have 40 kills for them, would probably make you disagree with me. Allthough I only see around 6-8 bighorns a full hunt, I can find around 15-18 ibex in that same ammount of time i spend on bighorns.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm not particularly interested in anymore cullings (except maybe for pigs on piccabeen...) but I do love the style of competition where the community works together to reach a goal in a set amount of time for prizes. I hope this style of event returns to EW in the future and possibly becomes a semi-regular thing. But not for permanently adjusting populations.
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

curlyCoyote wrote:I don't think any animals need a culling, but some animals need an upgrade in spawning, like all ptar species, especially the willow ptar. Maybe grizzly bears as well? I find pretty hard to find them without a bear bait, and they tend to be in the thick forests as well. I was going to say to slightly increase the bighorn population, but seeing that you have 40 kills for them, would probably make you disagree with me. Allthough I only see around 6-8 bighorns a full hunt, I can find around 15-18 ibex in that same ammount of time i spend on bighorns.
Reindeer would be at the top of my list for upping the spawn numbers. I have travelled for hours with very little success compared to any other species. It gets frustrating roaming around not seeing or hearing any, especially when I love hunting them.
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Conch wrote:
curlyCoyote wrote:I don't think any animals need a culling, but some animals need an upgrade in spawning, like all ptar species, especially the willow ptar. Maybe grizzly bears as well? I find pretty hard to find them without a bear bait, and they tend to be in the thick forests as well. I was going to say to slightly increase the bighorn population, but seeing that you have 40 kills for them, would probably make you disagree with me. Allthough I only see around 6-8 bighorns a full hunt, I can find around 15-18 ibex in that same ammount of time i spend on bighorns.
Reindeer would be at the top of my list for upping the spawn numbers. I have travelled for hours with very little success compared to any other species. It gets frustrating roaming around not seeing or hearing any, especially when I love hunting them.
I would suggest going near west map border, I always find them there.
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

xOEDragonx wrote:I'm not particularly interested in anymore cullings (except maybe for pigs on piccabeen...) but I do love the style of competition where the community works together to reach a goal in a set amount of time for prizes. I hope this style of event returns to EW in the future and possibly becomes a semi-regular thing. But not for permanently adjusting populations.
Agreed. I didn’t realize that wolf event actually adjusted the population. Did you notice a difference before and after?

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Conch wrote: Did you notice a difference before and after?
I would say there are 2/5's of the original wolf population left, definitely a big difference.
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

curlyCoyote wrote:
Conch wrote: Did you notice a difference before and after?
I would say there are 2/5's of the original wolf population left, definitely a big difference.
No kidding, I guess I don’t remember much from before the cull then. That was right in the middle of the last legs on my old machine to buying my new one so I wasn’t around as much. If that’s the case it would be cool if they’ve made it so the population slowly creeps up and another one is needed down the road...? Although I doubt that’s the case. I wonder if people complaining triggered that event to take place...?

In any case I guess I retract wanting another cull then because I don’t think the wolf numbers are high at all at the moment.

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Conch wrote:I wonder if people complaining triggered that event to take place...?
I am 95% sure that is what happened, https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... population this is the closest thing I can find to the original complaining. Good thing I got my 16.8+ wolf before they culled them, It would be near impossible to find ones of that size now.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”