Mission "Leave" button

HonzoChu
Tracker

Mission "Leave" button

Post by HonzoChu »

Hi all,

I'd like to suggest a "Leave Mission" button. Similar to the "Leave" competition button.

We are only allowed to have three active missions (as far as I know). Currently, I have one mission that is completely frustrating and I'm wondering if I'll ever be able to complete it! I would like to leave that mission and go on to something else. Honestly, right now I can, as I have two other mission slots I can use/start missions with. But what happens when I have three such missions that I feel I can't complete? Well, as a player I can tell you that my frustration level would go through the roof, as would my resentment for how the mechanics of selecting missions are set up! I don't want to spend my time doing the same mission(s) over and over and over again only to come up empty (not able to complete it). I don't feel like I should have to pay 800em$ to reset "all" missions because I can't complete the three that I have. Especially if I still have 300 to 400 missions that I haven't even tried yet!?

I'm not asking that the progression of a current mission be saved if you choose to leave it (ie. You have a mission with ten steps. You complete 9 and then choose to leave. If you try that mission again, you start with step one. I'm good with that. After all, it was my choice to leave. ;-) ). Only that we can leave the mission(s) that seem impossible to do and go on to others.

Thank you for your consideration of this issue,
Honzo
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Re: Mission "Leave" button

Post by XxStrong1xX »

There is no limit on active missions. I currently have 50 active, many of which I have been working on for years. :P

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Hi Mike,

You should be able to have all missions active at the same time.

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Funny, I just remembered that you have to do the first 3 missions before any others are available. After that, as mentioned, they are only limited by prerequisites. i.e. finishing mission 1 before mission 2, in the same mission pack, is available. But you can activate mission 1 in all of the packs simultaneously.

The 2nd time through the missions, after a reset, I activated everything I could & just hunted. I coincidentally finished about 30 missions without even trying.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
HonzoChu
Tracker

Post by HonzoChu »

lol...… Is my face red or what!?

OK, ok, I just checked and opened a bunch of missions up. I seem to remember a time where I could only open three and not a fourth. So I thought that that is how it was set up. I never tried to open a fourth since then. And I tried to pick missions I thought I could complete. Until I mentioned this mission above.

Thanks for setting me straight,
Honzo

PS: I'm still new to the game. Even if I have been playing it for about 7 months now... ;-)

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”