Culling season

Skorpiovenator

Culling season

Post by Skorpiovenator »

I suggest that the devs could implement a 'culling system'.
This is how it would work:
For a limited time (maybe a week), a certain animal needs to be culled. The player receives a small gms reward per kill. The animal shouldn't be too easy to hunt (e.g animals that can be baited such as hogs and bears) or maybe the easier animals yield a smaller reward.

For example:
"Roe deer are now in the culling season, you will receive 25gms per kill." This would be a message that you would get in the launcher and this event would be available for a week. Each Roe deer you kill yields 25gms. Of course, this is just an example. It could only be male animals that count or animals above a certain score to mix things up.

This would be a good way to earn gms instead of having to do missions, though it would still be challenging, meaning you can't earn gms super easily. You could also see a surge in purchases for items like callers when certain animals are on the culling season. It could work in a similar way to the guest rotation where certain animals are huntable for a week.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Culling season

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

So basically, another way to get stuff for free?
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

The idea is not totally poo, but not for GN$, do a week long cull of an animal, and your total weight of that animal hunted is your competition score. Would be a reason to hunt Ibex, Bighorn, little birds that we all love and begin with "p"-....... With a 200 EM§ prize it might just work. ;) if you did all animals in rotation it would be every animal every 8 months or so. The basic idea is not awful but the missions give enough GMs for medikits and travel packs as it is.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:So basically, another way to get stuff for free?
Why some people seems to don't like to get some things for free? ;)

Just kidding. I know, I know - EW stops to earn, so game stops to be developed, hence player loose in this way in the long term. But still I don't know why we, players, should bother with judgment of potential EW incomes/losses, when we simply just express our thoughts on some ideas. It is not like that i believe, that everything should be for free - I simply leave income/loss judgment to EW, by myself concentrating on idea alone . :)
Schlachtwolf wrote:The idea is not totally poo, but not for GN$, do a week long cull of an animal, and your total weight of that animal hunted is your competition score. Would be a reason to hunt Ibex, Bighorn, little birds that we all love and begin with "p"-....... With a 200 EM§ prize it might just work. ;) if you did all animals in rotation it would be every animal every 8 months or so. The basic idea is not awful but the missions give enough GMs for medikits and travel packs as it is.
I generaly agree with Schlachtwolf's statement. But only to some degree. Gm$ contribute to theorethical F2P part of the game. You put some effort in doing missions, hence you earn some virtual currency, you can spend only on some products. And this is nice idea. But there is a catch. Many missions are not really doable without some speciffic equipment (they actualy do demand of it). So, one can ask for help some other players, or otherwise, one need to spend some real money anyway, to earn some "free" virtual currency. Part of the reason I consider whole F2P part of the game more as a free to play demo, than actual, valid part of "full version", and I think EW should decide to go for fully payware system - because all that advertising as being F2P game is highly missleading compared to some other products.

Said all this, this makes me feel positive also about original OP's conception, as long as earning gm$ this way would be rather challenging (no easy money), and really aviable to all players, regardless of their's equipment.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

Sherab86 wrote:

Just kidding. I know, I know - EW stops to earn, so game stops to be developed, hence player loose in this way in the long term. But still I don't know why we, players, should bother with judgment of potential EW incomes/losses, when we simply just express our thoughts on some ideas. It is not like that i believe, that everything should be for free - I simply leave income/loss judgment to EW, by myself concentrating on idea alone . :)
Schlachtwolf wrote:The idea is not totally poo, but not for GN$, do a week long cull of an animal, and your total weight of that animal hunted is your competition score. Would be a reason to hunt Ibex, Bighorn, little birds that we all love and begin with "p"-....... With a 200 EM§ prize it might just work. ;) if you did all animals in rotation it would be every animal every 8 months or so. The basic idea is not awful but the missions give enough GMs for medikits and travel packs as it is.
I generaly agree with Schlachtwolf's statement. But only to some degree. Gm$ contribute to theorethical F2P part of the game. You put some effort in doing missions, hence you earn some virtual currency, you can spend only on some products. And this is nice idea. But there is a catch. Many missions are not really doable without some speciffic equipment (they actualy do demand of it). So, one can ask for help some other players, or otherwise, one need to spend some real money anyway, to earn some "free" virtual currency. Part of the reason I consider whole F2P part of the game more as a free to play demo, than actual, valid part of "full version", and I think EW should decide to go for fully payware system - because all that advertising as being F2P game is highly missleading compared to some other products.

Said all this, this makes me feel positive also about original OP's conception, as long as earning gm$ this way would be rather challenging (no easy money), and really aviable to all players, regardless of their's equipment.

Completely "doable" if you register, compete and are successful in competitions :) You can earn em$ to purchase the items you need. It may take a long time, but really at the end of the day, if you are enjoying the game enough perhaps invest a few real dollars into it? Best things in life aint ever free. (Except family)

Edit: Not pushing anyone to purchase. I love the game, the devs need to be funded. I bet you spent over $100 on various other games in the last year (not directed at anyone in particular) and you wont play those games again in 6 months. This game has been running for years and I will be here until the day it (hopefully never) dies.
I would be more than happy to start a new guest account when my current membership expires in 2019. For demonstration reasons.

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

The idea its not bad, in fact we have comps like that already, like Beak Havoc for pheasants, the only difference would be the duration, but comps should not reward everyone with gms, missions are for that, and your idea good as is sound more lika mission event to me.

by example: every season (real life winter, summer,etc ). For a limited time (maybe a week), a certain animal needs to be culled. The player receives a 5000 gms reward once completed. the player must complete a certain amount to kills to complete the culling, the amount depend on the animal, if can be baited like hogs, it can be 300 kills, if not, like whitetails, 100kills.

Now 5000 gms may look like a lot but mission packs usually gives around that and since its by seasons it and 4 times at year only event.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Beano8U wrote:
Spoiler:
Sherab86 wrote:

Completely "doable" if you register, compete and are successful in competitions :) You can earn em$ to purchase the items you need. It may take a long time, but really at the end of the day, if you are enjoying the game enough perhaps invest a few real dollars into it? Best things in life aint ever free. (Except family)

Edit: Not pushing anyone to purchase. I love the game, the devs need to be funded. I bet you spent over $100 on various other games in the last year (not directed at anyone in particular) and you wont play those games again in 6 months. This game has been running for years and I will be here until the day it (hopefully never) dies.
I would be more than happy to start a new guest account when my current membership expires in 2019. For demonstration reasons.
Well, If you adress this specificaly to me, than I'm a member from some time now, and I spend already way too much real money (from personal perspective) on payware equipment. ;)
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

I like the idea think this would be great to put some gm or maybe even em$ in players pockets, id like to see the reward being em$ 20-30 each kill and to even it out maybe u pay to join the "culling event" so thehunter isnt loosing so much money.
E.g Entry fee for this culling hunt is 100em$ each male mule deer you harvest rewards you with 20em$.
Nathan22Outdoors
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Nathan112244 wrote:E.g Entry fee for this culling hunt is 100em$ each male mule deer you harvest rewards you with 20em$.
If you put your mind to it you could harvest vast numbers of mule deer bucks in a week. People would just spawn mash and rack up em$ so fast that the whole thing would be a complete bust (and an expensive one for Expansive Worlds) in no time. After just 32.5 mule deer bucks you could buy the latest muzzleloader that was just released. For free. Why would Expansive Worlds ever entertain such a notion? The number of people that would get monetisable items for free would be ridiculous.

It's another way of asking Expansive Worlds to pay you to use their product.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

caledonianblues wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:E.g Entry fee for this culling hunt is 100em$ each male mule deer you harvest rewards you with 20em$.
If you put your mind to it you could harvest vast numbers of mule deer bucks in a week. People would just spawn mash and rack up em$ so fast that the whole thing would be a complete bust (and an expensive one for Expansive Worlds) in no time. After just 32.5 mule deer bucks you could buy the latest muzzleloader that was just released. For free. Why would Expansive Worlds ever entertain such a notion? The number of people that would get monetisable items for free would be ridiculous.

It's another way of asking Expansive Worlds to pay you to use their product.
How would they spawn mash and rack up kills if they make each hunt that this culling system in place cost 100em$ for entry fee.
100em$ entry fee, each male mule deer is 20em$ just to break even u need to get 5 and sometimes (alot of the times for me) the mule deer spawns wont be on your side

Also if someone doesnt have the 100em$ to join this hutn they will have to buy a 500em$ pack anyways so they are making money there then they are giving thehunter another $1 just for 1 hunt making 0.20 cents per male mule deer
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on March 1st, 2018, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Nathan22Outdoors

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”