Muzzleloader Mission Pack Idea

drakle
Hunter

Muzzleloader Mission Pack Idea

Post by drakle »

This is a collection of missions based on muzzleloaders that popped up into my head. Hope you like em!

Intro: Muzzletrack, the famous muzzleloader hunting club of the EHR, wants you to promote the use of muzzleloaders to the hunting community, using both retro and modern versions. They’ll pay you for every mission you complete. You’ll need the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader and the .50 Inline Muzzleloader to complete this pack.

Mission 1: The Trial

Greetings hunter, my name is Becca Myles, but people refer to me by my codename Violet. I am the head of the Muzzletrack hunting club, and we are asking hunters for their help in showcasing the muzzleloaders of the EHR. You are one of those lucky hunters, my friend! But I need to make sure your ready for such a taking. Go and shoot three animals for me.

-Harvest an animal shot with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.
-Harvest an animal shot with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .45 Saboted Bullet.
-Harvest an animal shot with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .50 Conical Bullet.

Mission 2: The Ol’ Boomstick

Impressive. You’ve passed the test, now we can give you your tasks. First things first, I will say that I prefer the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader over the .50 Inline Muzzleloader. More retro, and that’s my style. So we’ll start with that first. I think we’ll go with something easy, more specifically the Whitetail Deer. And one more thing, I want the pair in perfect shape!

-Harvest a whitetail deer with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader with 100% Harvest Value.
-Harvest another whitetail deer with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader with 100% Harvest Value.

Mission 3: Smoked Bacon

Not bad, hunter. I think you’re ready for the next task: the notorious Wild Boar. Once more, it’s the Cap Lock you’ll be using. You know that Monica girl? Well, she needs some piggy refill at her eatery. I think a boar, a hog, and a third of your choice will do well. Get cooking!

-Harvest a wild boar with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.
-Harvest a feral hog with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.
-Harvest a feral hog or wild boar with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.

Mission 4: Bugles and Booms

The meat you sent was quite a hit at the place, I had some myself. It was delicious! Alright, next task. I want you to hunt the two elk species of the EHR; the Roosevelt Elk and the Rocky Mountain Elk. You’ll be using the retro muzzleloader again, but I want the kills this time to be big males with good shots!

-Harvest a male Roosevelt Elk scoring over 320 in the heart with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.
-Harvest a male Rocky Mountain Elk scoring over 320 in the heart with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.

Mission 5: Modern Tech

Okay, enough with the cap lock, even though I was loving you using it. Now we need to promote hunting with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader, the modern muzzleloader. I think Muzzletrack Council is going to be excited for what we have in store next. I need you to hunt two different animals for me; the Mule Deer and Grizzly Bear. Oh, and the council wants the animals shot in different areas, if you don’t mind.

-Harvest a male Mule Deer with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .45 Saboted Bullet in the heart.
-Harvest a male Grizzly Bear with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .50 Conical Bullet in the lungs, during the same hunt.

Mission 6: Canny Canids

Not bad, the council was impressed by your skills. Okay, to make it short and dandy, now we want coyotes and grey wolves shot with the inline, but without a scope. A .45 Saboted Bullet is the ethical choice.

-Harvest a Grey Wolf with an unscoped .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .45 Saboted Bullet, from over 60m.
-Harvest a Coyote with an unscoped .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .45 Saboted Bullet, from over 60m.

Mission 7: The Thrill

Hey hunter, Violet here. Seems we have a bit of a problem. Seems your hunting doesn’t fit as well as we thought. We need to make you stand out a bit more. Something a bit more challenging… got it! Grab a muzzleloader and head out for a Polar Bear. Get close and open fire!

-Harvest a Polar Bear from under 20m with any muzzleloader.

Mission 8: Gobble Gobble

Sweet, that got some attention around. But we still need something even more interesting. Perhaps we could try the .50 Cap Lock on a few Turkeys. Wait, you didn’t know? Turkeys can be harvested with the Cap Lock, another reason why I love it. Head out and do some shooting.

-Harvest a male turkey scoring at least 30 with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.
-Harvest a male turkey scoring at least 35 with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader in the same hunt.
-Harvest a male turkey scoring at least 40 with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader in the same hunt.

Mission 9: Whitehart Showcase

Bad news, hunter. We have a competitor in town who call themselves Smoke Shots. They’re stealing all the members of Muzzletrack! We have to do something about this… but what? Aha! Got it! We’ll do a sponsored Whitehart Island hunt. You don’t mind using the Cap Lock and Inline together, do you?

-Harvest a male Turkey with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader.
-Harvest a male Blacktail Deer with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader in the same hunt.
-Harvest a male Whitetail Deer with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader in the same hunt.
-Harvest a male Coyote with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .45 Saboted Bullet in the same hunt.
-Harvest a male Roosevelt Elk with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .50 Conical Bullet in the same hunt.

Mission 10: Pandemic

I just heard the news. The EHRCA has issued a warning about an infection occurring within the Bison and Moose populations in Whiterime Ridge, making them even more aggressive than before. We need to do something about this, fast. And who knows, maybe if you’re able to actually stop some of these animals with our muzzleloaders people would praise Muzzletrack. Now grab the muzzleloaders and head out!

-Harvest any bison with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .50 Conical Bullet while it is charging at you.
-Harvest any bison with the .50 Inline Muzzleloader loaded with a .50 Conical Bullet while it is charging at you in the same hunt.
-Harvest any moose with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader while it is charging you in the same hunt.
-Harvest any moose with the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader while it is charging you in the same hunt.
Last edited by drakle on May 29th, 2017, 7:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Muzzleloader Mission Pack Idea

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I like the idea. More love for the muzzleloaders! :)

I think some of the objectives might be a tad too hard. Especially number 8 (three turkeys airborne in one hunt?) and 10 (I still remember from that last moose mission how hard it is to get them to charge you - three in one hunt seems to be quite a task).

Let's hope a dev sees this and considers implementing them. I know their road map is quite packed, but couldn't that be a nice task for an intern? ;)
Image Image Image
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I like the idea. More love for the muzzleloaders! :)

I think some of the objectives might be a tad too hard. Especially number 8 (three turkeys airborne in one hunt?) and 10 (I still remember from that last moose mission how hard it is to get them to charge you - three in one hunt seems to be quite a task).

Let's hope a dev sees this and considers implementing them. I know their road map is quite packed, but couldn't that be a nice task for an intern? ;)
Thanks! I'm always up for feedback. :)

EDIT: Made a couple changes to the pack.

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Just saw your mission-pack - I love it! The smoke-poles deserve a mission-set of their own!
Great variety, decent mix between fun and a little challenging. Hope EW picks it up!

CharliePrince

Post by CharliePrince »

This looks like a lot of fun, it would be great to see this implemented. Great work on the design of this mission pack!
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

Thanks guys! I'm tempted to do more mission packs! Heheh.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Nice set Drakle! I'd love to see these on the menu next time I go mission hunting. C'mon EW, pick 'em up while they're hot!
chewik
Outfitter

Post by chewik »

interesting suggestion. just the last mission is too hard, IMO. 2x charging moose in the same hunt, too difficult.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

chewik wrote:interesting suggestion. just the last mission is too hard, IMO. 2x charging moose in the same hunt, too difficult.
It doesn't say which gender, so cows would be good - and man, they are grumpy!

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”