Rare Grand slam mission

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Rare Grand slam mission

Post by baloo.the.dog »

How about a mission where you get paid 500 em$ if you can kill an albino/melanistic of each species?
you have to have all species or no money!
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
MaxVe
Scout

Re: Rare Grand slam mission

Post by MaxVe »

No thanks too masochistic for me, not even for 5,000 em$...
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I've been playing for over three years, and have 60 rares taken out of 19,000+ harvests. I've never even seen a rare of: Alpine Ibex, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, European Rabbit, Coyote, Cottontail Rabbit, Gadwall Duck, Grey Wolf, Grizzly Bear, Pheasant, Polar Bear (not sure there is one), Red Kangaroo, Rock Ptarmigan, Rocky Mountain Elk, Roe Deer, Sitka Deer, Snowshoe Hare (not sure there is one), Turkey, Willow Ptarmigan, Wild Boar, and Whitetailed Ptarmigan.

Never even seen any of those! I think that mission would be pretty much impossible...except for Cogsy666. :P

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I like the idea of collecting rares / fur variations - something like a page which shows all possible combinations and highlights those that you've already harvested. But this would probably only appeal to long-term intensive players.
As for giving away em$: I don't think it will happen! It could attract people "not playing fair". Also there's the problem that the list will be growing with most new species.
Image Image Image
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I like the idea of collecting rares / fur variations - something like a page which shows all possible combinations and highlights those that you've already harvested. But this would probably only appeal to long-term intensive players.
As for giving away em$: I don't think it will happen! It could attract people "not playing fair". Also there's the problem that the list will be growing with most new species.
I'd like to see 2 changes happen here. The first one would be an in-game visual on the HunterMate that indicates that you killed a rare. This isn't that important on big game, but when you kill a rare duck & it's in your retriever's mouth, you often can't visually tell it's rare...so you get no Trophy Shot & no Gallery Image, which is a total buzzkill. The second change would be to add a filtering system in the Gallery page in your profile, where you can filter by species, score ranges, and rare/common. The concept would be to 1) Ensure nobody misses a Trophy Shot opportunity on a rare they've harvested and 2) Give them a place to easily find them & show them off.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hawkeye wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I like the idea of collecting rares / fur variations - something like a page which shows all possible combinations and highlights those that you've already harvested. But this would probably only appeal to long-term intensive players.
I'd like to see 2 changes happen here. The first one would be an in-game visual on the HunterMate that indicates that you killed a rare. This isn't that important on big game, but when you kill a rare duck & it's in your retriever's mouth, you often can't visually tell it's rare...so you get no Trophy Shot & no Gallery Image, which is a total buzzkill. The second change would be to add a filtering system in the Gallery page in your profile, where you can filter by species, score ranges, and rare/common. The concept would be to 1) Ensure nobody misses a Trophy Shot opportunity on a rare they've harvested and 2) Give them a place to easily find them & show them off.
Two really good ideas, no doubt!
Image Image Image

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”