Group Competitions

xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Group Competitions

Post by xAncalagonx »

This has been raised in the past, but with the holiday events and such going on I feel the need to stress this yet again.

I know some want to create guilds in this game, or hunting clubs if you want. Either way, this would be great but not a requirement for group competitions.

Honestly I don't understand why we don't have group competitions yet? It should be pretty straight forward to set up.

Here's my take on it:
  1. You go to Competition page on the website.
  2. You find the Group Competition you want to join.
  3. Instead of 'Activate' it will say 'Form Team'
  4. This takes you to a page where you set up the team.
  5. First you give your team a name and this is what will be shown in the leaderboard, e.g. if your team is leading it will say 'Team Norway' in 1st place. If you click on the team name you can see it's members. Or as a mouseover tooltip thing.
  6. Once you made the team name you can invite people to be members on your team for that specific competition (e.g. you send them an invite through friend list or by searching for their name).
  7. After the team name is done and all team members have accepted the invite you can click on 'Activate' for the Competition to finalize it and go hunt.
  8. After team has been formed, and the Competition has been 'Activated' by the team leader, any team member which scores a kill that would count towards the competition will be registered. This means, in some competition such as the average weight of three first kills, will require team coordination so members don't just shoot everything and screw eachother over by shooting baby size animals.
  9. Team members can either hunt in a group, or individually. Any harvest is still credited to the individual hunters statistics, but if the harvest is part of a group competition it would count as the entry for the team as a whole.
Also, there may or may not be a restriction on how many hunters can be part of a team, based on type of competitions.

For instance, there could be competitions which only allow a team size of 2, e.g. "Double Trouble for the Mallards" where you and one other hunter would go duck hunting. Other competitions might allow bigger team sizes, for instance a Reindeer Culling competition might involve 4 hunters.

I always find it rather frustrating, and a bit awkward, when both me and a friend are enrolled in the same competition... then we come across a nice animal... and then we have to decide who gets to shoot it. Why should it matter who shoots it? If it was a group competition, then nomatter which one of us get the kill-shot, the kill and the entry will count for both of us, as part of the same team that enrolled in the competition.

And that is how I want to experience theHunter.... hunting together, as a team, and not as two guys forced to flip a coin on who gets to shoot the potential competition winning harvests.

So anyways... what do you guys think ?

Wouldn't this be a fairly simple way to implement group competitions and at the same time encourage some team play?
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Re: Group Competitions

Post by xAncalagonx »

So I guess this was a bad idea...
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

I don't think it's a bad idea but it really isn't anything I would want in the game. I log onto the hunter to relax and enjoy some time alone so I would join a group about as often as I join multi player games and that is a rare thing for me.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

It's a great idea! But it's been suggested so many times people are just not responding.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

+1 :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

This is a great idea and as Todd points out its one of the many idea's we have beaten like a dead horse!
Keanole

Post by Keanole »

It is a good idea but I rather see it like that
The idea is to build teams (2 or 3 players to start).
Register for a competition.
Start a Multiplayer game
The ranking is based on the addition of the best results of each player.
For example a competition for the best score:
The ranking is done according to adding the best score of each player on the team.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”